Analisa

Evidence of meeting for I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance and I have met in person numerous times. We first met a little over five years ago and since then I've gone to visit six different times. However, I know that they only ask for evidence of meeting in the last two years. Three of those trips have been in the last two years but I didn't keep any of the boarding passes. I do have e-ticket confirmations for my flights and the stamps to go with those in my passport. Do you guys think this will be fine? I also don't have any hotel receipts since I would stay at my aunts house. And if you're using passport stamps as evidence, do you have to make copies of all of the pages of your passport? Actually, the one that has the stamps in it expired and I have a new one. Should I just send the passport in?

Thanks for your help!

I would print out the itineraries, but especially focus on the passport stamps.

I printed out my entire passport in color because I choose to send that as my evidence for being a US citizen. I then printed out a single page of the passport stamps and put that in my "2 year evidence" section.

If you're just trying to send a paper with the stamps on it, I would just scan that page and send it. Don't send your old passport. You may need it later, and they're not likely to return your packet to you.

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are using the passport as proof of your US citizenship, then you need to include a copy of all pages. If you are only using it to prove proof of meeting, then just copies of the pages with the stamps and your biographical page will do. Never send in an actual passport.

Show the stamps, which are most important, along with the ticket confirmations. Have any other receipts? Use your debit or credit card there while visiting? ATM receipts, bank and credit card statements also work. Add a few photos in there showing you 2 together with his family and friends as well. If you have any in front of landmarks in Mexico, then those would be good to use too.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The more of everything the better of course. The letter from your aunt will work. Any pictures of you two by something that is easily identifiable as being in Mexico (eg in the states Statue of Liberty)? I used the flight confirmations from the emails, the hotel confirmations from my email, only two pictures in which I handwrote dates, and my passport...all copied all pages starting from the cover to the back even blank ones. I didn't use boarding passes, but if you have those that would be awesome. I had zero problems,

Whatever you do don't send anything in you would want back such as your passport. Copies only.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

All my boarding passes (bar one which I including) were all on my phone or iPod touch in the passbook app. So I only had one physical boarding pass. I took screenshots of the boarding passes on my phone and I kept all my bag tags (just as a keep sake) which I included. They were enough evidence to show I'd been in the U.S.

Add pictures of each trip, date, location, who's in the picture. That should be enough.

I had no RFEs.

Edited by Howeetest D

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.