Unshakable Faith

I-129F Filers, March 2015 NOA1 date! TSC only!

920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We have a March 19 NOA1 and are also still waiting. We also received the same treatment when we submitted an inquiry last week - we were told that USCIS is processing January 19th applications and that we are still within normal processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got an RFE this afternoon (Oct 13th). NOA1 date was March 6th.

Not the approval we were hoping for but it does feel good to know that the case is finally moving forward.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got an RFE this afternoon (Oct 13th). NOA1 date was March 6th.

Not the approval we were hoping for but it does feel good to know that the case is finally moving forward.

It is amazing that petitioners get an approval after packet has been sitting somewhere at TSC for 7 months. A terrible way to run a business.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

March 3 here and still waiting. My senator office called TSC last week and said my case has been assigned to an immigration officer. Anyone know what that really means?

Presumably that it is part of a stack of cases due to be dealt with by a particular officer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

March 3 here and still waiting. My senator office called TSC last week and said my case has been assigned to an immigration officer. Anyone know what that really means?

March 9 here. Not sure they can call. My senator received fax or email saying it was on adjudicator's desk awaiting review. That was in August

Many of you here have exchanged conversational texts with me as the months have passed.

In the past week, there are very few posts here, sometimes for days on end, until into the silence, someone's text posting will scream in frustration. Even though I did not have to wait as long as those of you still here, my wait seemed like Forever to me.

To those who offered to me encouragement and advice, I want to publically thank you.

For those who still wait, the fastest way for you to be informed about your approval is with a smartphone app. Those different apps have different capabilities, bells and whistles, but they all essentially report what your My USCIS Case Status website reads, just maybe a couple of hours earlier.

You can register on the USCIS My Case Status Page, with an email address, and when any of the files that you have listed there have any change of status, you will be sent an email (if you have that feature turned on). If you also use a smartphone app, your app will alert you just 1 or 2 hours before the USCIS email alert. Both of these alert systems allow you to put in multiple case files, so if you scroll through the numbers above and below your number, and write down those case numbers that have your same receipt date (NOA1), and your same application type, I-129F, (if you input them into your app and/or USCIS My Case Status Page) then you can see and be notified when the files near yours are being processed. A few months ago, this would not mean a whole lot, but as the number of Jan - Mar 2015 case files dwindle, I think that the numerical sequence will tighten up. So for those of you still waiting and hoping, I truly believe that your approval draws nigh.

Recently, I posted 3 breadcrumbs of information about what to do after your file is sent to the DOS or Department of State. You will get a Case Status to that effect (just like the Approval status) when that happens. Travel time to NVC is 3 to 5 business days, and it may take 1 to 5 days to scan your file into their system and give it a case number. If you were unaware, I wish to inform you that Once you know that new Case Number, your fiance' in their home country can begin some of their processing, after you tell them the number. The three breadcrumbs I listed earlier give some specific details on how you can find out your case number, and follow your case file to the Embassy. Depending on the country where your Fiance' lives, knowing your number and beginning the processing in advance of your Notification from the Embassy can literally cut weeks off of your wait time. Interview dates are filled up like airline seats, and the sooner you are prepared to get yours, the sooner your loved one can be on their way to your arms. It's up to you.

With that in mind, I have put all three breadcrumbs together, and converted them to a PDF, so that I could upload it here, and so that those of you who want to can download it and put it on your computer for fast reference, or even for sending to your fiance'. It is attached to this posting.

As for me and Soogyeong, her Medical is Monday, and interview is a week later. She will fly here 4 weeks from today. If we had so chosen, by following the tips that I list in the breadcrumbs, She could have interviewed just 5 days after our case arrived in South Korea. Once you have the visa in hand, you have 6 months to use it, so why not get it sooner rather than later. For many of the steps that come after being set free from TSC, your due diligence can pay huge dividends in bringing your loved one here sooner. You have waited long enough.

With our Journey wrapping up, I no longer have the luxury of free time to wander around in these ever emptier halls of vanishing TSC filers, so I am choosing to sign off. If someone has a specific question, they may send me a message, and I will get an email notice about it, and as soon as I am able will try to respond with an answer. However, I do not plan to pop in on this thread anymore to see what is being talked about. I already know what is being talked about . . . :ranting::clock::cry::angry::bonk:

Chins up everyone. You have waited and waited. Be ready. It's almost GO Time.

Tom

Tracking from NVC to Embassy.pdf

Edited by Tom and SooGyeong

I got email just now and our case was approved. More than seven months. .....tears

Fan-dam-tastic! Congratulations! 'Bout Friggin' Time!

now..

Take a DEEEEEP Breath, and let it out slow.

You . . . have Arrived.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Many of you here have exchanged conversational texts with me as the months have passed.

In the past week, there are very few posts here, sometimes for days on end, until into the silence, someone's text posting will scream in frustration. Even though I did not have to wait as long as those of you still here, my wait seemed like Forever to me.

To those who offered to me encouragement and advice, I want to publically thank you.

For those who still wait, the fastest way for you to be informed about your approval is with a smartphone app. Those different apps have different capabilities, bells and whistles, but they all essentially report what your My USCIS Case Status website reads, just maybe a couple of hours earlier.

You can register on the USCIS My Case Status Page, with an email address, and when any of the files that you have listed there have any change of status, you will be sent an email (if you have that feature turned on). If you also use a smartphone app, your app will alert you just 1 or 2 hours before the USCIS email alert. Both of these alert systems allow you to put in multiple case files, so if you scroll through the numbers above and below your number, and write down those case numbers that have your same receipt date (NOA1), and your same application type, I-129F, (if you input them into your app and/or USCIS My Case Status Page) then you can see and be notified when the files near yours are being processed. A few months ago, this would not mean a whole lot, but as the number of Jan - Mar 2015 case files dwindle, I think that the numerical sequence will tighten up. So for those of you still waiting and hoping, I truly believe that your approval draws nigh.

Recently, I posted 3 breadcrumbs of information about what to do after your file is sent to the DOS or Department of State. You will get a Case Status to that effect (just like the Approval status) when that happens. Travel time to NVC is 3 to 5 business days, and it may take 1 to 5 days to scan your file into their system and give it a case number. If you were unaware, I wish to inform you that Once you know that new Case Number, your fiance' in their home country can begin some of their processing, after you tell them the number. The three breadcrumbs I listed earlier give some specific details on how you can find out your case number, and follow your case file to the Embassy. Depending on the country where your Fiance' lives, knowing your number and beginning the processing in advance of your Notification from the Embassy can literally cut weeks off of your wait time. Interview dates are filled up like airline seats, and the sooner you are prepared to get yours, the sooner your loved one can be on their way to your arms. It's up to you.

With that in mind, I have put all three breadcrumbs together, and converted them to a PDF, so that I could upload it here, and so that those of you who want to can download it and put it on your computer for fast reference, or even for sending to your fiance'. It is attached to this posting.

As for me and Soogyeong, her Medical is Monday, and interview is a week later. She will fly here 4 weeks from today. If we had so chosen, by following the tips that I list in the breadcrumbs, She could have interviewed just 5 days after our case arrived in South Korea. Once you have the visa in hand, you have 6 months to use it, so why not get it sooner rather than later. For many of the steps that come after being set free from TSC, your due diligence can pay huge dividends in bringing your loved one here sooner. You have waited long enough.

With our Journey wrapping up, I no longer have the luxury of free time to wander around in these ever emptier halls of vanishing TSC filers, so I am choosing to sign off. If someone has a specific question, they may send me a message, and I will get an email notice about it, and as soon as I am able will try to respond with an answer. However, I do not plan to pop in on this thread anymore to see what is being talked about. I already know what is being talked about . . . :ranting::clock::cry::angry::bonk:

Chins up everyone. You have waited and waited. Be ready. It's almost GO Time.

Tom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.