nicknackzz

i-485 REF request for evidence help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey all, i just got a request for initial evidence (i-485)

and im unsure of what i need to send in (im from ireland and my wise is the US citizen we are filing from her grandmothers where we live.. can someone help me with what we need) this letter has been addressed to me)

it says

The household member submiteed form i-864A, contract between sponsor and household e=member. To be considered as a household member, the individual must be listed as a dependent on the sponsors federal income tax return, tax return OR must reside at the same principal address as the sponsor AND be related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult child, parent or sibling.

submit evidence that the household member is listed as a dependent on the sponsors federal income tax return

OR

Submit that the household member resides at the same principal address as the sponsor AND is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adult child parent or sibling..

then it says if you decide to obtain a joint sponsor they need to file i-864a etc etc...

So what do i need to send to them and who does it need to be from???

do they want evidence that I, the guy who is applying for AOS resides here? or that my wife does?

im the Applicant, ,y wife is a US citizen whos filing everything else, and her grandmother is helping us with the sponsoring/money and somewhere to live..

so what do i have to reply to USCIS with??

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

They want something that shows that your wife and her grandmother live at the same address and that her grandmother is actually related to your wife in a qualifying relationship. Unfortunately, this means that your wife's grandmother wouldn't qualify to file an I-864A. The instructions say that a "relative" needs to be a spouse, adult child, sibling, or parent. It looks like she would need to file an I-864, not an I-864A.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Timeline

They want something that shows that your wife and her grandmother live at the same address and that her grandmother is actually related to your wife in a qualifying relationship. Unfortunately, this means that your wife's grandmother wouldn't qualify to file an I-864A. The instructions say that a "relative" needs to be a spouse, adult child, sibling, or parent. It looks like she would need to file an I-864, not an I-864A.

My wife does not make income yet, so her grandmother done the i-864A to show she will support me since my wife doesnt at the moment...

And we contacted USCIS before hand and they told us we needed to use the i-864A so we printed it and her grandmother filled it out and we sent it all in with required documents and evidence...

Im stressed over what we need to file now or what we need to do??????? i have no idea neither does my wife..

cause we were told to do the i-864A and so we did now we shouldnt have? then what do we do now?

Timeline

Hey, yeah we called USCIS and they said the household member is anyone in the household, but they want household MEMBER, not members and uh the sponsor is my wife, so basically if you put that into these terms they want to know that me and my wife reside at the same address,

so we were told by a few people that we just have to send in some sort of statments or utility bills showing that ME and my WIFE reside here at the same address....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife does not make income yet, so her grandmother done the i-864A to show she will support me since my wife doesnt at the moment...

And we contacted USCIS before hand and they told us we needed to use the i-864A so we printed it and her grandmother filled it out and we sent it all in with required documents and evidence...

Im stressed over what we need to file now or what we need to do??????? i have no idea neither does my wife..

cause we were told to do the i-864A and so we did now we shouldnt have? then what do we do now?

They gave you misinformation. A grandparent is not a qualifying household member. You can see that for yourself by reading the I-864A instructions. The grandparent needed to file an I-864 as a joint sponsor, not the I-864A as household member.

You don't need to prove you reside with your wife. You do not need to file an I-864A. If you have legal income that will continue from the same source once you get your green card, then that can be added to your wife's I-864 without the need for you to fill out an I-864. See the I-864 instructions.

So, your wife needs her I-864, and the grandparent needs their own separate I-864 and supporting documentation as a joint sponsor.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas - OP adjusting from VWP ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.