kcnca

Request for Evidence

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok So we received a RFE after many months waiting for my wifes ROC to be approved

So They are asking for Tax forms with W2's

Will IRS transcripts surfice for this request? Will I need to also send the wage and Income transcript for them to accept the IRS transscripts?

I assume the wage transcripts will be in my wifes name and they will need those because under my account her information does not show up, is this sound correct?

I sent the tax documents but didnt send any W2's I dont recall that being one of the items on the list so they didnt accept that set of docs

They are also asking for more months of Bank Statements which I sent one copy but apparently not enough. So How many should I send?

They also ask for Child birth certificates etc to which we dont have as I cant have more so we do not have any together

Our home is not in both names as I had dificulty with the mortgage company so that does not exist and we dont have any utilities in both or her name

I worked up an Affidavit for a few friends to fill out and sign and will send those in with the Request.

What else can we send?

Thanks

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Removing Conditions - topic is filing ROC, not AOS ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As to the taxes, I thi it states to send in copies of the most recent taxes along with proof of income (w2s, 1099s, etc.). We just used copies from TurboTax and they sufficed. We did not request official IRS copies, but they may be more restrictive at the ROC stage.

Also, my wife has an adult son that stayed in Russia, but we still provided a copy of the birth certificate along with a translation. We wanted to make sure it was on file in case he wanted to come over at any point in the future.

We submitted my wife's last two bank statements and were not asked for any additional.

As to utility bills' it is usually just a phone call to get another person added.

We also submitted copies of life insurance beneficiary changes, and medical insurance information, along with notices showing my wife on my work benefits.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok So we received a RFE after many months waiting for my wifes ROC to be approved

So They are asking for Tax forms with W2's

Will IRS transcripts surfice for this request? Will I need to also send the wage and Income transcript for them to accept the IRS transscripts?

I assume the wage transcripts will be in my wifes name and they will need those because under my account her information does not show up, is this sound correct?

I sent the tax documents but didnt send any W2's I dont recall that being one of the items on the list so they didnt accept that set of docs

They are also asking for more months of Bank Statements which I sent one copy but apparently not enough. So How many should I send?

They also ask for Child birth certificates etc to which we dont have as I cant have more so we do not have any together

Our home is not in both names as I had dificulty with the mortgage company so that does not exist and we dont have any utilities in both or her name

I worked up an Affidavit for a few friends to fill out and sign and will send those in with the Request.

What else can we send?

Thanks

They want to see joint tax filings for the years you have been married. A complete copy of the tax returns with all forms and W-2s, or IRS transcripts. The IRS tax return transcripts work perfectly.

You need to show documentation that spans the entire length of your marriage. One bank statement is not enough. Provide quarterly statements from the time you opened the joint account together. The same goes for any other joint accounts you may have, such as credit cards and insurances.

Have car insurance together? Life insurance naming the other as beneficiary? Listed as each others emergency contacts anywhere? Family health insurance policy? Separate utility bills that show the same address? Any trips together? Any mail from friends or family addressed to you both at the same address? Copy of IDs showing same address? Anything else you can show that has both names?

Show everything you can think of that spans the entire length of your marriage to show you have been living as a bona fide married couple.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for the responses, I'm working to get as much as i can even though I have a short time to get some things changed and printed to send out.

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.