Univision's Rodner Figueroa fired for Michelle Obama comment

66 posts in this topic

Univision's Rodner Figueroa fired for Michelle Obama comment
image001-png_162613.png
By GISELA SALOMON5 hours ago
f01e37947113920b700f6a706700354b.jpg

View gallery

• 2e8890c470c8910b700f6a706700b3b7.jpg

MIAMI (AP) — Talk show host Rodner Figueroa was fired from Univision after saying that Michelle Obama looks like someone from the cast of "Planet of the Apes."

Figueroa, who's known for his biting fashion commentary, made his remarks during a live segment of the show "El Gordo y la Flaca" in which the hosts were commenting on a viral video that shows a makeup artist transforming himself into different celebrities, including Michelle Obama.

"Well, watch out, you know that Michelle Obama looks like she's from the cast of 'Planet of the Apes,' the movie," Figueroa, 42, said with a giggle.

When hostess Lili Estefan countered with "What are you saying?" and host Raul de Molina said Obama was very attractive, Figueroa defended his remark, saying "but it is true."

In a statement, Univision called Figueroa's comments "completely reprehensible" and said they "in no way reflect the values or opinions of Univision."

Figueroa, who in 2014 won a Daytime Emmy Award, did not respond to requests for comment Thursday. He worked for Univision for 17 years and had been on "El Gordo y la Flaca" since 2000.

http://news.yahoo.com/univision-fires-rodner-figueroa-michelle-obama-182010184.html#

Edited by Janelle2002

And rightfully so.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oopsies. man, i feel bad for him - loved his bits on the show !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Possibly because she is now deceased? Likely because she didn't work for Univision? Perhaps because Rivers and Figueroa are not the same person? Surely because one episode has nothing to do with the other? Possibilities abound...

meryl-facepalm-220x162.gif

#msfp

Wonder why they didn't fire Joan Rivers - she said the first lady is a transgender

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Possibly because she is now deceased? Likely because she didn't work for Univision? Perhaps because Rivers and Figueroa are not the same person? Surely because one episode has nothing to do with the other? Possibilities abound...

meryl-facepalm-220x162.gif

#msfp

The possibilities are endless!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe at the time she was reporter on ENews or something with E in it that does like fashion TV...

I can concur with the Mexican reporter, Michelle look like Chewbacca off Star Wars to me

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I believe at the time she was reporter on ENews or something with E in it that does like fashion TV...

I can concur with the Mexican reporter, Michelle look like Chewbacca off Star Wars to me

He's not Mexican he's Venezuelan.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why is her appearance of significance to be worthy of comment?

Do you make similar comments about the pink men in the Republican party?