jorge_and_rose

Social Security Card

8 posts in this topic

My wife and I went to the Social Security office yesterday to inquire about her social security card. They told my wife to come back after 3 weeks because she has to be in the US for three weeks. Did they give her the correct information? My wife arrived last Sunday here in California.

I was in the US for 2 weeks before I got my SSN registered. Maybe they are giving her that amount of time to wait because her details haven't been inputted by CBP/USCIS into the SAVE database yet?

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

As for my wife's green card, I've already paid the green card fee online. Will they know that she's already here in the US? I mean, how long will it take to arrive in the mail?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I went to the Social Security office yesterday to inquire about her social security card. They told my wife to come back after 3 weeks because she has to be in the US for three weeks. Did they give her the correct information? My wife arrived last Sunday here in California.

Did you not ask for your SS card to be delivered when you filed your IV application?

From the information I've read here on VJ, and across the intertubes, it usually arrives at your mailing address 3 weeks after you arrive at POE. If it doesn't arrive in 3 weeks, follow up at your nearest SSA office, so it seems their advice is correct.

Assuming of course that you checked yes to the SSN assignment question when you filled out your DS-260. Did you guys do that?

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

I received my ss card after 2weeks of arrival in the us, but I didn't receive my green card yet Its already 1month still no GC :(

Can someone tell me if its stil normal to wait or need to contact ?

Hi rissa, i just brought my wife over 2 weeks ago i already applied for her SS CARD last week, they said alot of times they never received any information from NVC about processing the SS CARD, and the green card sometimes it takes 2 months to get look at who's working at the government offices here really slow workers except to run out the door so we just have to wait it out my wife already has a few interviews lined up just waiting on the SS &GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.