Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I petitioned my husband on September of 2014, and I was previously married with someone from the Dominican Republic

I recently received an RFE from USCIS dated 02/23/2015 where they state:

You have submitted an English translation of divorce decree for (my name) and (my ex husband's name). Submit a photocopy of the original foreign language documents for which the English translation were made AND a complete an accurate English translation. Translations submitted without the corresponding foreign language documents are not acceptable. Extract or summary translations of the original document are not acceptable. The translator must certify that the translation is complete an accurate, and he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language to English.

Divorce in the Dominican Republic is completed in two steps:

The sentence; and

The pronouncement.

All divorces from the Dominican Republic require the submission of the pronouncement of divorce.

Can somebody help me understand if they want the sentence and the pronouncement (both), or just the pronouncement as it is addressed in the last line of the letter?

I went to an immigration lawyer and what they recommended me was to send both just to be on the safe side. The problem is that I already requested that document from the Dominican Republic and they said it will take over 3 weeks for the document to be issued. I don't want to wait so long!!! and I am about to send the pronouncement, that is the document that I have and it is already translated.

My husband said not to do things for impulse but this is making me so anxious that I am going to get sick.

Please somebody HELP!!!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about this. But i agree with what your husband said.

Every wrong step would delay. I hope someone from DR will reply you back. Our best wishes are with you.

P.s. : can't you call USCIS and ask them the same question.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.