mag2929

Weird NVC email

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

i posted this on the NVC thread but didn't get any replies so thought I'd try here. Any fellow Canadians who might have gotten this? I can post the text of the email but it essentially says both my AOS and IV are incomplete sigh. But the email has weird timing and is from askNVC in response to a question about assigning a case number.

Question to you guys. I know some people have received "false" checklist emails etc. We submitted our application via EP on Feb 12th, but I just got a weird email answering an email inquiry I sent in January!! It says that both our AOS and our IV applications are incomplete and letters will be sent out to let us know what we have to submit for completeness. I can't imagine what is incomplete, but regardless I didn't even expect an email until 30 days for telling me when it was "scanned" - I haven't even gotten a "scan" confirmation email yet. I don't know what to do with this. Should I call NVC and ask what to do with this? I suppose this could be an early checklist warning system lol. The email is from askNVC. Much appreciate any insight,

M

P.S. I was hoping this is just because they haven't entered the note that our docs were looked at in the system. We did get a weird scary email before too, about our docs not being at the NVC despite me confirming it on the phone before, so I am HOPING it's just one of those.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

time and timing, really -

take it in a linear, time-tick by time-tick fashion,

and you should be able to match up

the email 'responses' with 'activity, based on a calendar and lag-time for email responses.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi all,

so out of worry, I have been scouring my AOS and IV applications (submitted by the lawyer). I discovered that he left the bits on the Part 5. where you put the number of dependents etc blank instead of putting 0s. So I think this email actually tells me that we will get a checklist. I think I am going to lose it today.

For those wondering about getting lawyers - I can honestly say now, don't. Get one if you are in trouble or your case gets bogged down. Otherwise do it yourself. I am going to go and scream into my pillow now.

Timeline

Hi all,

i posted this on the NVC thread but didn't get any replies so thought I'd try here. Any fellow Canadians who might have gotten this? I can post the text of the email but it essentially says both my AOS and IV are incomplete sigh. But the email has weird timing and is from askNVC in response to a question about assigning a case number.

Question to you guys. I know some people have received "false" checklist emails etc. We submitted our application via EP on Feb 12th, but I just got a weird email answering an email inquiry I sent in January!! It says that both our AOS and our IV applications are incomplete and letters will be sent out to let us know what we have to submit for completeness. I can't imagine what is incomplete, but regardless I didn't even expect an email until 30 days for telling me when it was "scanned" - I haven't even gotten a "scan" confirmation email yet. I don't know what to do with this. Should I call NVC and ask what to do with this? I suppose this could be an early checklist warning system lol. The email is from askNVC. Much appreciate any insight,

M

P.S. I was hoping this is just because they haven't entered the note that our docs were looked at in the system. We did get a weird scary email before too, about our docs not being at the NVC despite me confirming it on the phone before, so I am HOPING it's just one of those.

If anyone is interested in the NVC fun times - I called them this morning to find out what that email meant. She told me that our file was accessed on March 6th and that none of our documentation has been received and that we have to resend it all. So I guess this is what we will do. I am worried that our docs ARE there and that they are wrong and resending them will push us into a later scan date, but the NVC rep told me that we had to resubmit all our documents. Anyways just an update for those who might have similar issues.

I'm sorry this is happening to you Mag. :( I wish I had advice.

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Timeline

I'm sorry this is happening to you Mag. :( I wish I had advice.

Hey, thanks. I know people aren't responding because they don't know what to tell me. That's ok - at least I can vent. I resent the docs, now I am thinking it's probably not a good idea, but all I can do is hope that this will not set me back months. Just having you guys all here helps. I decided that crying wasn't constructive yesterday, so I focused on my other life. Still have a cool husband who cares and worries about ME, so didn't want to scare the poor guy with more tears.

Thanks so much, it means a lot that you posted. M

I hope re-sending them works. The call center employees cannot often see what's going on with email cases. The one piece of advice I have is to make sure each attachment is under 5mb and that if you email, the attachments are actually being sent, not being put on a google drive or something. If you have to send more emails, then do so.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I hope re-sending them works. The call center employees cannot often see what's going on with email cases. The one piece of advice I have is to make sure each attachment is under 5mb and that if you email, the attachments are actually being sent, not being put on a google drive or something. If you have to send more emails, then do so.

Thanks. One of the nicer NVC reps back in February told me that if I didn't get bounce backs it means the emails sent. But as you say, the phone reps don't always seem to have a grasp on how things work. It's weird. I kinda wish I had sent them hard copies;) much appreciate the suggestions, m

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.