nb08

From Case Complete to Interview in Mumbai

173 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I do not know. I just called them to check status and he told me congrats your interview is scheduled. Was surprised as I was expecting it to be late Dec or early Jan based on the timelines. May be they expedited, I am not sure.

Ok Thanks, sorry what I was trying to ask you is when was the last time you called NVC other than today?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok Thanks, sorry what I was trying to ask you is when was the last time you called NVC other than today?

Called them up on Friday 6th Nov (Upgraded to CR1). Before that on 1-Nov (was still in F2A). After that today, called up two times just to confirm that I am getting the correct date. Now to book my tickets for India. Actually it's my wife's interview, I became citizen on 17-Aug.

gc4mysp congratulations! my cc was 15 th October too, after a week I got email for interview which is on 15 th Dec. did nvc expedite your case?

I am not sure. All I did was speak to supervisor as case was in F2A even after 2 months of sending my citizenship certificate for upgrade to CR1.

I spoke to supervisor and she told to send mail to NVC expedite mail id and within a week category was upgraded to CR1. May be they expedited, I have no clue.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Called them up on Friday 6th Nov (Upgraded to CR1). Before that on 1-Nov (was still in F2A). After that today, called up two times just to confirm that I am getting the correct date. Now to book my tickets for India. Actually it's my wife's interview, I became citizen on 17-Aug.

Awesome looks like you got the interview in the second batch perfect and once again congrats.

This is for my wife too and I am expecting the interview to be scheduled and I am in F2A and our priority date is current too.

Just a Q guys, I haven't received any letter yet. Whats the minimum time before which NVC will send interview letter to me? I only got the interview date by phone no letter, can they change it after confirming on phone?

The reason for this is I want to travel and be there with my wife for the interview.

10-Nov is when I called and interview date is scheduled for 01-Dec. Only 21 days difference so a bit nervous.

Hello...

Finally interview scheduled for December 29th at Mumbai Embassy :joy: :joy: :joy:

Does anyone know how long it takes for visa processing and when can my husband pick up his passport...I am wondering if it's better to stick around and pick up passport from Mumbai or have it delivered to Pune

Hello...

Finally interview scheduled for December 29th at Mumbai Embassy :joy: :joy: :joy:

Does anyone know how long it takes for visa processing and when can my husband pick up his passport...I am wondering if it's better to stick around and pick up passport from Mumbai or have it delivered to Pune

Did you call them up or got an email?

I am in Ahmedabad, so would be heading back and collecting from there. Pune you can come back and collect from consulate as I think they do not give it the same day. Takes 4 to 5 days as per threads here.

Edited by gc4mysp

Did you call them up or got an email?

I am in Ahmedabad, so would be heading back and collecting from there. Pune you can come back and collect from consulate as I think they do not give it the same day. Takes 4 to 5 days as per threads here.

I called...It was scheduled November 10th....the operator said, I'll get the email next week.

I called...It was scheduled November 10th....the operator said, I'll get the email next week.

Great Congratulation!!!

I am also waiting for email from them. It was scheduled on 10-Nov or may be Saturday. Mine is on 01-Dec though so hoping to get email soon. And today is federal holiday. Did you call them today or yesterday?

Received P4...

Interview scheduled November 10

Email received November 11

Interview Date December 29

Finally the countdown has begun :)

Great Congratulation!!!

I am also waiting for email from them. It was scheduled on 10-Nov or may be Saturday. Mine is on 01-Dec though so hoping to get email soon. And today is federal holiday. Did you call them today or yesterday?

Did you get your interview confirmation email...I just got mine... Edited by SeemaMayank

Received P4...

Interview scheduled November 10

Email received November 11

Interview Date December 29

Finally the countdown has begun :)

Did you get your interview confirmation email...I just got mine...

Finally got my P4.

Interview scheduled Nov 10

Email Received Nov 11

Interview Date 01-Dec

Have to arrange for my tickets etc to fly to India to join my wife for interview.

Best wishes to you for interview :-)

Hey...

Does anyone know how long before the interview does NVC send out paperwork to Mumbai Consulate....

Also, is there a way to request same day/next day passport pickup at Mumbai Consulate?

Finally got my P4.

Interview scheduled Nov 10

Email Received Nov 11

Interview Date 01-Dec

Have to arrange for my tickets etc to fly to India to join my wife for interview.

Best wishes to you for interview :-)

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey...

Does anyone know how long before the interview does NVC send out paperwork to Mumbai Consulate....

Also, is there a way to request same day/next day passport pickup at Mumbai Consulate?

Thank you

You cannot pick up passport from the consulate the next day. You need to pick from the blue dart locations and sometimes it can even take 2 weeks for you to get the status that passport is ready for pick up from blue dart location.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-passportcollection.asp

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.