nb08

From Case Complete to Interview in Mumbai

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You cannot pick up passport from the consulate the next day. You need to pick from the blue dart locations and sometimes it can even take 2 weeks for you to get the status that passport is ready for pick up from blue dart location.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-passportcollection.asp

Thank You.

So even you are in the city so you still you have to go to a Blue dart location...that's kind of shitty ...so why do they have a pickup location in the biometrics building ....Am I missing something here?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank You.

So even you are in the city so you still you have to go to a Blue dart location...that's kind of shitty ...so why do they have a pickup location in the biometrics building ....Am I missing something here?

Hey Seema! Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my passport back after the interview? My interview is on 14th! I really need to fly out on 22nd Dec since there is a family thing in the US on 24th.

30-Dec-2014: Married

19-Jan-2015: I-130 Sent

21-Jan-2015: NOA

16-Jul-2015: NOA 2 (No RFE's! Yayy)

15-Jul-2015: Case sent to NVC

22-Jul-2015: Case received by NVC

5-Aug-2015: Case # and IIN assigned

6-Aug-2015: Filled and submitted DS-261

7-Aug-2015: AOS fee invoiced and paid(Status: In Process)

10-Aug-2015: AOS fees changed to PAID

10-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages sent

12-Aug-2015: AOS and IV packages received(SCAN DATE)

13-Aug-2015: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

14-Aug-2015: IV fee invoice received

15-Aug-2015: IV fee paid(Status: In Process)

19-Aug-2015: IV fee status changed to PAID

19-Aug-2015: DS-260 completed

21st-Sept-2015: Put on supervisor review :(

03-Nov-2015: Case Complete!!

14-Dec-2015: Interview Day!!!

Timeline

If anybody else has an idea about this, please guide me.

Timeline

You cannot pick up passport from the consulate the next day. You need to pick from the blue dart locations and sometimes it can even take 2 weeks for you to get the status that passport is ready for pick up from blue dart location.

Not necessarily true unless things have changed. But my husband was able to pick up his visa at the Mumbai consulate 2 days after the interview this past May. Just track it online and don't forget to pay your visa fee at some point so your green card isn't delayed. Good luck!

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-passportcollection.asp

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank You.

Did you go to the biometrics at this place in Mumbai? If so its the same location as pick up for passport as well.

Visa Application Center Locations City Branch Address Mumbai Bandra East, Mumbai - 400051 Trade Center, Gr. Floor, G Block,

Bandrakurla Complex Chennai Numgambakkam, Chennai 600034 Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road Hyderabad Begumpet, Secunderabad – 500003 1-8-384/385, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road Kolkata Kolkata – 700017 Jasmine Tower, 31, Shakespeare Sarani (1st Floor) New Delhi Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019 S - 1 American Plaza, (Hotel Eros Managed by Hilton),

International Trade Tower Locations and Timings

To view Stanley/Blue Dart passport/visa collection locations and timings, click here.

Blue Dart Passport/Visa Collection Locations and Timings City Hours of Operation Address Delhi Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. S - 1 American Plaza

International Trade Tower Nehru Place

NewDelhi - 110019 Mumbai Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Trade Center Gr. Floor G Block

Bandrakurla Complex Bandra East

Mumbai - 400051 Chennai Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road

Numgambakkam

Chennai - 600034 Hyderabad Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. 1-A-384/385, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road

Begumpet Secunderabad

Hyderabad - 500003 Kolkata Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Jasmine Tower 31

Shakespeare Sarani (1st Floor)

Kolkata - 700017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Here is the link for Visa center location where you you would have gone for biometrics in mumbai.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-loc-ofc.asp

Did you go to the biometrics at this place in Mumbai? If so its the same location as pick up for passport as well.

Visa Application Center Locations City Branch Address Mumbai Bandra East, Mumbai - 400051 Trade Center, Gr. Floor, G Block,
Bandrakurla Complex Chennai Numgambakkam, Chennai 600034 Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road Hyderabad Begumpet, Secunderabad – 500003 1-8-384/385, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road Kolkata Kolkata – 700017 Jasmine Tower, 31, Shakespeare Sarani (1st Floor) New Delhi Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019 S - 1 American Plaza, (Hotel Eros Managed by Hilton),
International Trade TowerLocations and Timings

To view Stanley/Blue Dart passport/visa collection locations and timings, click here.

Blue Dart Passport/Visa Collection Locations and Timings City Hours of Operation Address Delhi Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. S - 1 American Plaza
International Trade Tower Nehru Place
NewDelhi - 110019 Mumbai Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Trade Center Gr. Floor G Block
Bandrakurla Complex Bandra East
Mumbai - 400051 Chennai Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Good shepherd, No 82, Kodambakkam High Road
Numgambakkam
Chennai - 600034 Hyderabad Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. 1-A-384/385, Gowra Grand, S.P.Road
Begumpet Secunderabad
Hyderabad - 500003 Kolkata Mon-Fri 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Jasmine Tower 31
Shakespeare Sarani (1st Floor)
Kolkata - 700017

Timeline

vkrishn has aptly described about visa pickup location which you chose while taking your biometrics appointment.

seema if you want to pick your visa packet and passport from mumbai then you need to choose mumbai location as your pick up address.

urvashi as far as what I have read on this forum if all goes well then it takes anywhere between 4-7 days to receive visa packet & passport if your pick up location is not mumbai and also one of my cousins who recently went through interview received his visa packet and passport after 7 days at the pick up location in surat.

well if my visa is approved on 15 Dec I am planning to keep a weeks time for any travel plans. I know we all want to be with our loved ones as soon as we can. Even when nvc clearly states do not make any travel plans until visa is issued. In that case I would just say Dec is a peak season for travelling and If anyone is planning to book tickets in advance then book refundable tickets just in case.

That's just my opinion. Good luck everyone.

between I am having medicals on 28 th Nov ahemdabad. I will soon give updates.

Timeline

My medical was on 28 th Nov 2015 at apollo hospital, ahemdabad. overall it was a smooth process. I had appointment at 8.30 a. m.

checklist for medicals (u get SMS when you book your appointment on phone) :

1. original passport and 2 photocopies

2. original interview letter and 2 photocopies.

3. Indian passport size pictures 12 pics.

4.Black ball pen

over all cost would be around INR 6000-7000.

first at the reception desk they ask to fill out forms. and guide you accordingly. Different rooms are assigned for each test and everything is on ground floor.

first they measured height, weight. then we were led to other room where they took blood test. Then next room they tested eye sight. after we had to pay fees for medical examination around 2500 INR. then I was taken to another room where they took chest xray.

next I sent to panel physician where the doctor checked me and asked about medical history, any records if you have, surgery if any. after that the doctor will recommend the vaccines to be taken.

next pay vaccine fees and take vaccination at the room assigned . I had to take 4 vaccines and cost was 2600 approximately. It was not that painful. overall cost for me was INR 5100 approx but it can vary from person to person.

fill out any form with black pen and block letters. if any doubts you can ask at counter. everything was over by 12-12.30 noon and I was asked to collect reports by 4.30-5.00 evening. There is a restaurant in the hospital premises where we had lunch and then waited till 5.00 pm to collect reports. They gave a white bag with 2 sealed envelopes which are not to be opened and one vaccine records document. take sealed envelope and vaccine record document to interview at the consulate. There's no need to take the sealed envelope with CD to the interview. It will be required at your port of entry in USA.

That's it overall it is a smooth process nothing to worry about if all goes well.

Hey Seema! Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my passport back after the interview? My interview is on 14th! I really need to fly out on 22nd Dec since there is a family thing in the US on 24th.

Hey, I am not sure either but my husband spoke to few people and they were able to pick up their passport the same day...so we're hoping for the same....One month to go ...Praying

Timeline

Just 12 days to go for the interview. I am little anxious. I have a question if anyone can help on this.

my hubby lives in Texas as he works there and his permanent address is of Indiana where his parents live. as his address kept changing in Texas we mentioned his Indiana address so that we do not lose our paper work. now in Paper work and even for medicals the address you intend to live in USA I have mentioned Indiana.I hope that doesn't cause any problem at the interview. (his pay stubs have the Texas address) so when at interview if I mention that I am going Indiana and my hubby is coming there for Xmas vacation and then I will move to Texas along hubby. does it sound right?This is honestly my situation.

Edited by amirulzin

Just 12 days to go for the interview. I am little anxious. I have a question if anyone can help on this.

my hubby lives in Texas as he works there and his permanent address is of Indiana where his parents live. as his address kept changing in Texas we mentioned his Indiana address so that we do not lose our paper work. now in Paper work and even for medicals the address you intend to live in USA I have mentioned Indiana.I hope that doesn't cause any problem at the interview. (his pay stubs have the Texas address) so when at interview if I mention that I am going Indiana and my hubby is coming there for Xmas vacation and then I will move to Texas along hubby. does it sound right?This is honestly my situation.

i would recommend telling the truth that his parents live in Indiana. We kept it as communication address. Actually there are two address current address and permanent address. You can give Tx in one and IN in other.

My wife had her interview on 1-Dec. I being petitioner and US citizen was allowed to go in the consulate. Her interview went pretty well. Some questions they asked.

1. Where is your husband working.

2. where does he stay.

3. Love marriage or Arranged marriage

4. How did you meet?

5. Show some wedding photos (she had our wedding album)

Overall pretty easy and short interview, didn't see any rejection on that day. Visa approved. Now waiting for passport to come in Ahmedabad Bluedart and ready for pickup message.

Timeline

gc4mysp thanx for your reply I just wanted to know whether my reasoning sounds genuine and congratulations for the visa approval. keep us updated when you receive the visa at ahemdabad blue dart location . I am curious to know how many days it takes after interview to get visa packet at Blue dart location.

Timeline

Hi,

I had a question. I got married on 28 Dec 2014 and have put filing status single for irs return 1040 ez.

yes I know it is mentioned on vj that no matter where your spouse is, if you are married at end of tax period that is 31 Dec 2014 then one has to file as married filing jointly or married filing separately.

now situation is that I have interview in 10 days from now. and if it comes to co's notice it could be a red flag. but my reason is that we didn't file married because beneficiary doesn't have Ssn number. we didn't have any other intention to hide or something. now I cannot ammend returns now as it takes three weeks to get amended return. if counter asked what answer can I give to support? any suggestions? has anyone got into such a situation. your inputs could be a great help.

Edited by amirulzin

Timeline

Hi,

I had a question. I got married on 28 Dec 2014 and have put filing status single for irs return 1040 ez.

yes I know it is mentioned on vj that no matter where your spouse is, if you are married at end of tax period that is 31 Dec 2014 then one has to file as married filing jointly or married filing separately.

now situation is that I have interview in 10 days from now. and if it comes to co's notice it could be a red flag. but my reason is that we didn't file married because beneficiary doesn't have Ssn number. we didn't have any other intention to hide or something. now I cannot ammend returns now as it takes three weeks to get amended return. if counter asked what answer can I give to support? any suggestions? has anyone got into such a situation. your inputs could be a great help.

Hey! Why don't you ask this question on the regular January interview forum? There are a lot more people there who might be able to give some input. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.