gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! How's everyone doing?

It's been a while since i last posted on this forum but anyway i came in the US last 2 months ago and got married a month after. I just mailed my papers for aos,ead and ap today. But i think i made a mistake in filling out the money order i put the payment is for i-485 only instead of i-485 and biometric fee. Would that be okay?

It's been a while since i last posted on this forum but anyway i came in the US last 2 months ago and got married a month after. I just mailed my papers for aos,ead and ap today. But i think i made a mistake in filling out the money order i put the payment is for i-485 only instead of i-485 and biometric fee. Would that be okay?

I don't think you guys will have a problem. I think they will still cash your fee and process it as long as it's in the correct fee amount.

Signature coming soon...

I gotta say, I'm pretty annoyed that our panel physician didn't administer all the vaccinations. Now that I'm looking at what we need to do, it's just aggravating, only if it's just from a customer service perspective. No one asked for a "Blanket Waiver". No one asked to not get the vaccines. So now I need to decide if we should get the vaccines at our family doctor (which we'll probably do) and take the record to a civil surgeon, or just go to a civil surgeon and get them done to get that paper.

Thankfully, the civil surgeon near us accepts insurance, but we will get another vaccine that is not required on there too, so we will need to return for a booster.

I just needed to vent a little. We are in a really good situation, so I'm grateful for that. This whole time we had been talking about enjoying our first week together at home peacefully and lovie dovie. But after a Canadian trip I took earlier last month, I inadvertently took all my leave at work. The positive thing is that I have a schedule that will let me be at home the first week, but I will need to work from home on Friday. Then we still need to:

• pay for the marriage license,
  • introduce him to family,
  • do the JOP ceremony,
  • get that certificate,
  • get SSN,
  • add him to accounts,
  • get the health insurance started,
  • sign a new lease,
  • see about registering him in college,
  • getting service work done to the cars,
  • and anything else crazy that comes up

Not necessarily in that order. Thanks, panel physician, for adding to our list. At least I can see what can wait for next month and which need to get done this November. I have read a few AOS posts that said they sent the bare minimum for their petitions and they still got an interview waiver, so getting this stuff for the AOS petition might not be so crucial. Some of it can wait.

Signature coming soon...

I gotta say, I'm pretty annoyed that our panel physician didn't administer all the vaccinations. Now that I'm looking at what we need to do, it's just aggravating, only if it's just from a customer service perspective. No one asked for a "Blanket Waiver". No one asked to not get the vaccines. So now I need to decide if we should get the vaccines at our family doctor (which we'll probably do) and take the record to a civil surgeon, or just go to a civil surgeon and get them done to get that paper.

Thankfully, the civil surgeon near us accepts insurance, but we will get another vaccine that is not required on there too, so we will need to return for a booster.

I just needed to vent a little. We are in a really good situation, so I'm grateful for that. This whole time we had been talking about enjoying our first week together at home peacefully and lovie dovie. But after a Canadian trip I took earlier last month, I inadvertently took all my leave at work. The positive thing is that I have a schedule that will let me be at home the first week, but I will need to work from home on Friday. Then we still need to:

• pay for the marriage license,
  • introduce him to family,
  • do the JOP ceremony,
  • get that certificate,
  • get SSN,
  • add him to accounts,
  • get the health insurance started,
  • sign a new lease,
  • see about registering him in college,
  • getting service work done to the cars,
  • and anything else crazy that comes up

Not necessarily in that order. Thanks, panel physician, for adding to our list. At least I can see what can wait for next month and which need to get done this November. I have read a few AOS posts that said they sent the bare minimum for their petitions and they still got an interview waiver, so getting this stuff for the AOS petition might not be so crucial. Some of it can wait.

Oh geez am sorry about the vaccines... and thats a long list... but i think you'll be able to finish it within 90 days :)

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

Oh geez am sorry about the vaccines... and that's a long list... but i think you'll be able to finish it within 90 days :)

You are right. It looks like you should be getting your EAD and AP in about six weeks or so, eh? Progress is good!

Signature coming soon...

You are right. It looks like you should be getting your EAD and AP in about six weeks or so, eh? Progress is good!

I sure hope so. No updates on our application at all though... so yeah still waiting... :)

AOS

ROC

Oh a tip regarding the marriage certificate. I know it might differ by county but we made sure that we are the ones who submitted license and not the chapel. With this, you can get certified copies the same day which helped a lot on the early completion of our aos packet.

AOS

ROC

Oh a tip regarding the marriage certificate. I know it might differ by county but we made sure that we are the ones who submitted license and not the chapel. With this, you can get certified copies the same day which helped a lot on the early completion of our aos packet.

Good tip! Yes, it's the same here in Texas. The good thing is our local justice of the peace will be doing the oaths, so I'm hoping it will be wham bam. I had enrolled us in a pre-marital program that's offered. It looks like it would be a lot of fun, but we'll be married by then and now I work some hours on Saturday. I would encourage anyone else to look into if a similar program is offered in their county!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think you guys will have a problem. I think they will still cash your fee and process it as long as it's in the correct fee amount.

Thanks Amhara. Yes, we paid $1,070. I think it will be fine. We'll just have to wait.

Finally got my NOA2 approval today. Woo hoo.

Congrats does not seem to be enough for the long wait y'all have had to go thru. I hope the next steps move quickly! Best wishes

Thanks Amhara. Yes, we paid $1,070. I think it will be fine. We'll just have to wait.

Hey, I saw someone on the October 2015 AOS filer thread said their petition was rejected because they didn't separate the AOS and biometric fee from each other. I wasn't aware of this requirement.

Missouri, could you please let us know if yours gets accepted? I'm supposing this was in the guides or no?

Signature coming soon...

It seems unlikely that the application got rejected because of the payment being combined in one check. We sent ours like that and although we dont have any updates yet our application didnt get regected...

AOS

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.