clairainette

March 2015 AOS Filers

1,306 posts in this topic

One more question did your online status update ? And it's at Chula Vista office right

I never got an update that my case was ready for interview. But this morning I got "interview has been scheduled" and when I got home from work I had the actual letter in the mailbox. So online it went straight from "we have received your RFE response" to "interview has been scheduled" you can see my timeline below.

Yes it's in chula, same place as the fingerprints I think.

I hope you get yours too!

POE: LAX January 29th 2015 on K1 status

2/14/2015 - Married

2/26/2015 - AOS package sent via USPS

2/28/2015 - Package delivered according to USPS website

3/02/2015 - Package was received according to USCIS

3/05/2015 - Received NOA1 over text message and email

3/05/2015 - Checks cashed

3/09/2015 - NOA1 hard copy received in the mail

3/14/2015 - Received biometrics appointment letter for 3/27/2015

3/16/2015 - Biometrics done (successful walk in)

4/06/2015 - received RFE

4/10/2015 - RFE received at USCIS

4/20/2015 - AP approved

5/13/2015 - EAD approved

7/20/2015 - Interview scheduled for Aug 25th

8/25/2015 - Interview approved, card ordered

9/04/2015 - GC in hand

I had my interview yesterday..... First I was late because of my hard head husband who didn't want to use the GPS. anyway got there about seven minutes after my interview appointment... Got to the security who check my appointment notice then send me to the appointment checking wind.ow. wait about 15 minutes or more then a immigration officer came out an call my name. We ( Me, Husband and Baby) went back to his office sat for about 2 minutes while he look through my file then he ask for my passport. Look through my passport then continue to look through my file. Then he ask

IO: When did I got married?
Me: July 14, 2014

IO: Why did we get married in Brooklyn If we live in New Jersey?
Me: Because I was spending time with my great grand father.

then he ask for my I-94... continue to type and check my file. then he ask a few questions from the I-485. After which I notice he had stamp APPROVED on my file but still had us sit there a few more minutes before he said EVERYTHING LOOK GOOD YOU SHOULD RECEIVED YOUR CARD IN TWO WEEKS.

P.S I did not submit any evidence so I was surprise he didn't ask for anything....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish I knew about this forum topic earlier so I could have kept updating!

Background: I came in 1997 on a tourist visa & my father had a work visa. We kept renewing until around 2004, my dad's company was unable to sponsor him because of company layoffs. Our visa expired that year and my parents made the decision to overstay and they were able to work on the social security numbers given to them. I met my husband in 2005, our freshman year. We were best friends until 2008 when we started dating and we got married in 2014 on our 6 year anniversary!

3/11/2015- Filed our marriage based AOS papers to Phoenix lockbox (I-485, I-130, I-765)

3/13/2015- AOS arrived

3/19/2015- Received the AOS receipt for all three, was transferred to National Benefits Center

3/28/2015- Biometrics appointment notice

4/9/2015- Biometrics appointment

4/13/2015- Ready to be scheduled for interview

5/22/2015- EAD approved on 5/22/2015

5/28/2015- Card mailed

6/1/2015- EAD received

6/2/2015- Filed for SSN

6/3/2015- Interview scheduled

6/9/2015- SSN received

7/8/2015- Interview/Approved!

Our interview was at the Chatsworth location in California. We arrived at the time of our appointment because of morning traffic (the office is an hour away from us). I was so nervous. My feet couldn't stop tapping and I was wondering what kind of questions the officer would ask and my husband kept laughing at me because he'd never seen me like that before. I was so nervous because I looked up people's experiences and they ask you some fairly simple questions but sometimes they pop out with some random ones and it's like.. do you really know your spouse's favorite food and why his favorite color is his favorite color? Hahah. And some of the questions you know but haven't really thought about in a while because they're questions you ask on the first date like favorite number, color, or even what their clothing size is. Hahah. We ended up waiting 2.5 hours because they were so backed up with marriage interviews. There were a few people that were in and out but they were there solo or just for an infopass appointment. We finally got called and luckily, our officer seemed pretty easygoing.

He walked us into the back and asked us to stay standing so we could say the oath then asked us to be seated. He looked at our application and first asked some small background stuff such as requesting to see originals of papers we've turned in (birth certificates and such) then proceeded to first ask me questions about what I wrote on my AOS application and confirmed everything. Then he asked my husband about what he wrote on his petition application. That was fairly smooth but then he said was going to ask us a few questions about each other.

He started by asking me how we met and then asking my husband who introduced us to each other. He asked him how he proposed and then asked both of us how we told our family. We told him that both sides basically knew it was going to happen soon but that my husband told his family separately and we told my family together. He started looking on the applications and asked us about each other such as what each other's parents names are, our previous addresses, birthdays, etc. He asked my husband where I've previously worked and he forgot one so that made me nervous but our officer laughed it off. Then he asked about our daughter who is almost 2 and asked to see her birth certificate again. He wanted to know if we had any other supporting documents such as a lease, rental agreement, joint bank accounts, etc. and I told him that we didn't have any of those because I didn't think it was legal since I didn't have a social security number and he said, "Yeah, I'm not even sure what the law is but it's good you told me that. It's just something we have to ask for further proof." I said I had some bills that were mailed to us at the same address and he took those, then I gave him a scrapbook I had of us with some details of each picture. He looked through them and said he had seen most of them in the package but he took a few from our earlier days of dating and asked if he could make a copy.

He told us that since we didn't have any accounts together or anything with both of our names, it would've had to go into further review but because of our daughter, he said it "weighed heavily". He turned on his computer and said, "I have to do something first and update your files for a second." and I was honestly pretty sure he was going to schedule us for another interview or something. It really seemed like he was debating on approving us. Then his printer turned on and some papers came out. He grabbed it and said, "Okay, well you're gonna rece-- wait, first of all, you're approved!" And my husband and I looked at each other and I just said OMG! and we both smiled as our officer kinda just giggled at us. Then he told me about the conditional green card, filing to remove conditions 90 days before it expires, being eligible to file for citizenship in 3 years (it would've been 5 if we weren't married), and the estimated time it'll take to receive the green card. He walked us to the copy machine and we were just talking shop for less than 5 minutes and he shook our hands, said congratulations, and we were on our way!

I cried in the car because it's been a long journey and I've always felt like I was unable to do certain things because of 9 little numbers or a stamp in my visa and now it was finally possible. I was and still am so relieved. My husband was the one who brought up filing for a green card after getting married and supported everything i do ever since i told him about my situation back in our high school days. We are very blessed and happy to know that there's no chance of me getting separated from him and our baby girl =)

Edited by bdmap

3/11/2015- Filed our marriage based AOS papers to Phoenix lockbox (I-485, I-130, I-765) (day 0)

3/13/2015- AOS arrived

3/19/2015- Received the AOS receipt for all three, was transferred to National Benefits Center

5/22/2015- EAD approved on 5/22/2015 (day 73)

5/28/2015- Card mailed

6/1/2015- EAD received

6/2/2015- Filed for SSN

6/9/2015- SSN received

7/8/2015- Interview/Approved! (day 120)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday..... First I was late because of my hard head husband who didn't want to use the GPS. anyway got there about seven minutes after my interview appointment... Got to the security who check my appointment notice then send me to the appointment checking wind.ow. wait about 15 minutes or more then a immigration officer came out an call my name. We ( Me, Husband and Baby) went back to his office sat for about 2 minutes while he look through my file then he ask for my passport. Look through my passport then continue to look through my file. Then he ask

then he ask for my I-94... continue to type and check my file. then he ask a few questions from the I-485. After which I notice he had stamp APPROVED on my file but still had us sit there a few more minutes before he said EVERYTHING LOOK GOOD YOU SHOULD RECEIVED YOUR CARD IN TWO WEEKS.

P.S I did not submit any evidence so I was surprise he didn't ask for anything....

Congrats!

Background: I came in 1997 on a tourist visa & my father had a work visa. We kept renewing until around 2004, my dad's company was unable to sponsor him because of company layoffs. Our visa expired that year and my parents made the decision to overstay and they were able to work on the social security numbers given to them. I met my husband in 2005, our freshman year. We were best friends until 2008 when we started dating and we got married in 2014 on our 6 year anniversary!

3/11/2015- Filed our marriage based AOS papers to Phoenix lockbox (I-485, I-130, I-765)

3/13/2015- AOS arrived

5/28/2015- Card mailed

6/1/2015- EAD received

6/2/2015- Filed for SSN

6/9/2015- SSN received

Our interview was at the Chatsworth location in California. We arrived at the time of our appointment because of morning traffic (the office is an hour away from us). I was so nervous. My feet couldn't stop tapping and I was wondering what kind of questions the officer would ask and my husband kept laughing at me because he'd never seen me like that before. I was so nervous because I looked up people's experiences and they ask you some fairly simple questions but sometimes they pop out with some random ones and it's like.. do you really know your spouse's favorite food and why his favorite color is his favorite color? Hahah. And some of the questions you know but haven't really thought about in a while because they're questions you ask on the first date like favorite number, color, or even what their clothing size is. Hahah. We ended up waiting 2.5 hours because they were so backed up with marriage interviews. There were a few people that were in and out but they were there solo or just for an infopass appointment. We finally got called and luckily, our officer seemed pretty easygoing.

He walked us into the back and asked us to stay standing so we could say the oath then asked us to be seated. He looked at our application and first asked some small background stuff such as requesting to see originals of papers we've turned in (birth certificates and such) then proceeded to first ask me questions about what I wrote on my AOS application and confirmed everything. Then he asked my husband about what he wrote on his petition application. That was fairly smooth but then he said was going to ask us a few questions about each other.

He started by asking me how we met and then asking my husband who introduced us to each other. He asked him how he proposed and then asked both of us how we told our family. We told him that both sides basically knew it was going to happen soon but that my husband told his family separately and we told my family together. He started looking on the applications and asked us about each other such as what each other's parents names are, our previous addresses, birthdays, etc. He asked my husband where I've previously worked and he forgot one so that made me nervous but our officer laughed it off. Then he asked about our daughter who is almost 2 and asked to see her birth certificate again. He wanted to know if we had any other supporting documents such as a lease, rental agreement, joint bank accounts, etc. and I told him that we didn't have any of those because I didn't think it was legal since I didn't have a social security number and he said, "Yeah, I'm not even sure what the law is but it's good you told me that. It's just something we have to ask for further proof." I said I had some bills that were mailed to us at the same address and he took those, then I gave him a scrapbook I had of us with some details of each picture. He looked through them and said he had seen most of them in the package but he took a few from our earlier days of dating and asked if he could make a copy.

He told us that since we didn't have any accounts together or anything with both of our names, it would've had to go into further review but because of our daughter, he said it "weighed heavily". He turned on his computer and said, "I have to do something first and update your files for a second." and I was honestly pretty sure he was going to schedule us for another interview or something. It really seemed like he was debating on approving us. Then his printer turned on and some papers came out. He grabbed it and said, "Okay, well you're gonna rece-- wait, first of all, you're approved!" And my husband and I looked at each other and I just said OMG! and we both smiled as our officer kinda just giggled at us. Then he told me about the conditional green card, filing to remove conditions 90 days before it expires, being eligible to file for citizenship in 3 years (it would've been 5 if we weren't married), and the estimated time it'll take to receive the green card. He walked us to the copy machine and we were just talking shop for less than 5 minutes and he shook our hands, said congratulations, and we were on our way!

I cried in the car because it's been a long journey and I've always felt like I was unable to do certain things because of 9 little numbers or a stamp in my visa and now it was finally possible. I was and still am so relieved. My husband was the one who brought up filing for a green card after getting married and supported everything i do ever since i told him about my situation back in our high school days. We are very blessed and happy to know that there's no chance of me getting separated from him and our baby girl =)

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We just returned from our interview and was approved. We were just ask the questions from the biographic information we filled out before. My husband who is the petitioner was asked how we met. I was there kicking him under the table and hoped he got the date right. He did.We took every shred of evidence and she didn't ask us for nothing.we were n there for approximately 30 minutes. As soon as we got out I received a bunch of emails and text messages that our cards were ordered and is in production.

Guys don't be nervous, be relaxed and try to strike up conversations with your interviewer. You'll be glad you did. I wish you all the best of luck

Thanks all for the support given me.

She told us our cards will be in the mail within 2 weeks.

We just returned from our interview and was approved. We were just ask the questions from the biographic information we filled out before. My husband who is the petitioner was asked how we met. I was there kicking him under the table and hoped he got the date right. He did.We took every shred of evidence and she didn't ask us for nothing.we were n there for approximately 30 minutes. As soon as we got out I received a bunch of emails and text messages that our cards were ordered and is in production.

Guys don't be nervous, be relaxed and try to strike up conversations with your interviewer. You'll be glad you did. I wish you all the best of luck

Congrats!!!! I was also approved yesterday. IO just ask me two question and that was it

Timeline

Congrats Millz, we did it.

Congratulations :) Yey!!! Go March 2015 AOS filers :)

Congrats!!!! I was also approved yesterday. IO just ask me two question and that was it

Congratulations :) Yey!!! Go March 2015 AOS filers :)

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Timeline

Congrats!

3/13/2015- AOS arrived

5/28/2015- Card mailed

6/1/2015- EAD received

6/2/2015- Filed for SSN

6/9/2015- SSN received

wow...thank you for sharing..

Congrats!

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Finally GC on hand..after 15 days..that was really fast..Good luck to everyone who are still waiting..I am so happy..it's time to rest from USCIS..well,at least ROC is after 1yr and 9 months ..???

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Timeline

Finally GC on hand..after 15 days..that was really fast..Good luck to everyone who are still waiting..I am so happy..it's time to rest from USCIS..well,at least ROC is after 1yr and 9 months ..???

Congrats!

Hi everyone! Just checking in.

Update: I've had ZERO word about an interview or interview waiver since my card arrived over a month ago.

But, I'm actively looking for jobs, nothing yet :( . and yesterday, I got my drivers PERMIT from the DMV after passing the two computer tests they make you take. I now have to schedule a road test which is $50 for the test and $20 for the license if you pass! What a ripoff.

I gotta say, I felt really embarrassed to be back there taking those tests with 16yr olds lol. I felt ancient!! By the way, it's my birthday today...a whopping 34 years old! Maybe I AM ancient.

But back to the DMV, I really thought they would waive at least my road test seeing that I've had a Georgia drivers license in the past plus I still have a valid license from my home country. Why make me retest ? Ugh.

Anyway, good luck to all! Hopefully I'll hear something about an interview or job soon .

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Timeline

Hi everyone! Just checking in.

Update: I've had ZERO word about an interview or interview waiver since my card arrived over a month ago.

But, I'm actively looking for jobs, nothing yet :( . and yesterday, I got my drivers PERMIT from the DMV after passing the two computer tests they make you take. I now have to schedule a road test which is $50 for the test and $20 for the license if you pass! What a ripoff.

I gotta say, I felt really embarrassed to be back there taking those tests with 16yr olds lol. I felt ancient!! By the way, it's my birthday today...a whopping 34 years old! Maybe I AM ancient.

But back to the DMV, I really thought they would waive at least my road test seeing that I've had a Georgia drivers license in the past plus I still have a valid license from my home country. Why make me retest ? Ugh.

Anyway, good luck to all! Hopefully I'll hear something about an interview or job soon .

Happy birthday to you jens_prodigy. Wishing you lots more. God bless you and may you hear some wonderful news today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.