codergirl

visa to visit grandmother

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello all,

I grew up with my grandmother before she immigrated to the USA. She is a citizen and will be undergoing surgery soon. She would love for me to be there to help her through. she has obtained a letter from her doctor already. My situation: I am 25 years old, single, childless, UNEMPLOYED, I graduated last year with a bsc in nursing. I do get called to go to a hospital a few times a week when they are short staffed and hope to receive employment there soon. I am from Guyana, but do not live there anymore. I studied in Jamaica and applied for a b1\b2 visa when it was almost time to graduate. I was denied, stating that I did not have enough ties to the home country. I would love to see my grandmother, but I am wondering if it is even worth the money\time. I am afraid of getting rejected. Does it make any sense for me to try to get a visa? or are there any options that I may have?

Honestly, highly unlikely you'd get approved with info you provided. You helping her through and with your background will be seen as taking a job of someone in the US (nurse, aide).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I am 25 years old, single, childless, UNEMPLOYED ==> You have no strong ties to your home country, no compelling reasons to return home.

How would you even pay for your own US trip?

US consulate will believe that you will likely stay in US and not return.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

I am 25 years old, single, childless, UNEMPLOYED ==> You have no strong ties to your home country, no compelling reasons to return home.

How would you even pay for your own US trip?

US consulate will believe that you will likely stay in US and not return.

I would not pay. That would be taken care of by relative

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

IMHO, you can not show strong ties to overcome the presumption of immigration. It's not with your time and money when you are unemployed, single, young, and have no spouse or children at home.

You can apply as often as you want since that is your only chance to see your grandmother.

Unless you can show why you will return home, you have very little chances of getting a visa.

Sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.