9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Just a quick question....I did my medicals in May 2014,the only shot i had then was Tetanus. we are set to send in our AOS package but the problem is i do not have the copy of the medicals,does that mean i have to do it all over again? how do we go about the I-693 since i do not have copy to show the CS? i already spoke to 2 diff CS but they said i have to do it all over.just wanted to be sure this is right... pls share your thoughts..thanks

Just a quick question....I did my medicals in May 2014,the only shot i had then was Tetanus. we are set to send in our AOS package but the problem is i do not have the copy of the medicals,does that mean i have to do it all over again? how do we go about the I-693 since i do not have copy to show the CS? i already spoke to 2 diff CS but they said i have to do it all over.just wanted to be sure this is right... pls share your thoughts..thanks

You don't have to redo your whole medical. Only transcribe your vaccination record onto I-693 by a civil surgeon that on the USCIS list. Did you get DS-3025 from the clinic?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Do you have any records showing your vaccinations are complete? If yes then go to a civil surgeon and transcribe it. (Even from your GP/local doctor)

If you have nothing showing your vaccinations are complete and up to date at the time you intend to file your AOS i think unfortunately you will have to do it again - but if you can just the vaccination part don't get pushed in to a full medical

Dumb question I know! But what happened to the sealed envelope that would have arrived after your interview (when you got the actual visa)? Did you already hand that in at POE? (Not the brown large sealed package the little envelope)

Edited by SK2014

Do you have any records showing your vaccinations are complete? If yes then go to a civil surgeon and transcribe it. (Even from your GP/local doctor)

If you have nothing showing your vaccinations are complete and up to date at the time you intend to file your AOS i think unfortunately you will have to do it again - but if you can just the vaccination part don't get pushed in to a full medical

Dumb question I know! But what happened to the sealed envelope that would have arrived after your interview (when you got the actual visa)? Did you already hand that in at POE? (Not the brown large sealed package the little envelope)

Actually she does not have to redo the whole medical even if she does not have a copy of the DS-3025 because her complete medical result inside the envelope and was given to the immigration officer at POE.

To OP, if I were you just send the package along the explanation that you have already had medical done and has been sent to USCIS local office. The fact that redo the whole medical again is very expensive here in the US - based on people's experience on VJ-. They might be send you an RFE and tell you what documents you are missing since you have no idea what kind vaccinations are not completed yet during the medical examination.

Again, it is just my two cents.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

You don't have to redo your whole medical. Only transcribe your vaccination record onto I-693 by a civil surgeon that on the USCIS list. Did you get DS-3025 from the clinic?

the full medical report was sent to the embassy which am sure was in the package i submitted at th POE but i don't have the copy.

the full medical report was sent to the embassy which am sure was in the package i submitted at th POE but i don't have the copy.

I did not have a copy the full medical result either. The only thing I had a copy of my DS-3025 or vaccination records. Many people don't have it. My suggestion is, just send the package along the explanation that you have already had done the whole medical examination in your country. The worst scenario is that you will get an RFE. But it is not the end of the world and I don't understand why people have afraid to get an RFE.

And there is a chance they won't ask it - I remember read some posts about that here on VJ-. Try to search about the topic. I am a position try to tell you to saved up money since the medical cost here is very expensive especially without a medical insurance.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Actually she does not have to redo the whole medical even if she does not have a copy of the DS-3025 because her complete medical result inside the envelope and was given to the immigration officer at POE.

To OP, if I were you just send the package along the explanation that you have already had medical done and has been sent to USCIS local office. The fact that redo the whole medical again is very expensive here in the US - based on people's experience on VJ-. They might be send you an RFE and tell you what documents you are missing since you have no idea what kind vaccinations are not completed yet during the medical examination.

Again, it is just my two cents.

thanks for your response..i will send it in and wait to hear from them.

thanks for your response..i will send it in and wait to hear from them.

Better to take a chance rather than redo the whole medical that is not necessary. Keep me updated.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.