CharlieTanger

January 2015 - TSC Filers

708 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Ehh:

I am feeling the same pain. January 13 NOA1 and still nothing. Crazy process. I'll gladly take the RFE I am anticipating so I can do something rather sit at the bottom of that barrel.

Anyway, I hope you get an approval soon.

Hey Eric, i still haven't heard either and I'm also a January 13 filer! Haven't heard anything, not a thing, not ONE thing! Gaah this process is the worst! My fiancé in Nicaragua lost his job last week because they heard he was applying for a visa to leave. They said they would rather hire someone now and train them. Ridiculous! Thankfully he found a part time job for the interim but still! Fingers crossed that this week is both your and my week!! Good luck!

They must have skipped right over us mid-January folks. Our paper NOA1 date is the 15th but the message we get on the uscis website is "Your case was received January 13th blah blah blah"

So I definitely Think it's his missing birth certificate. I agree an RFE is better then nothing at this point. I don't know how much my calling them to inquire about my case yesterday morning had anything to do with them reviewing the papers today and making the request for the RFE. But I would advise all of you January filers like myself to go on ahead give them a call inquire and let's see how much it does for them reviewing the papers.

Congrats!

Which email did you send? The packet 3? If so, then you just hang out and wait for your packet 4.

Edited by StephanieC

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We used lawyer to help our visa processing and the lawyer doing unprofesional work. Now we have to do it by our sefl. My fiancee submitted original documents (divorced paper, birth certificate) to lawyer as he requested. And now our case been ready. My fiancee tried to call lawyer he not answering even tried to email him also but no response. And i need to bring all the documents for my interview. What i questioning is all the documents we already submitted it will send back to lawyer or my fiance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Uh Oh.....There has been action on our case. I was expecting a request for additional evidence, but that's not what I received. Instead, I received a request for INITIAL evidence.

Here's what it says. Sounds ominous, but who knows. Just wondering if other RFE's were like this:

" REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE NOTICE WAS MAILED. On August 13, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Rceipt number SRC(Numbers), because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by September 12, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice."

I was expecting a request for additional evidence. With the I-129f we sent certain evidence of my fiance's divorce in the form of a "family register". I since learned that the USCIS wants something more than that. I already obtained from Japan what I thought would have been the "additional" evidence to prove the divorce.

Anyway, I couldn't really find what the difference between "initial" and "additional" evidence is.

Any ideas?

But, I am glad that some action was taken on the case.

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19
(G-1145 Email Receipt of case #: Never Received)
1/15/19: Called USCIS and given EAC Case Number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Uh Oh.....There has been action on our case. I was expecting a request for additional evidence, but that's not what I received. Instead, I received a request for INITIAL evidence.

Here's what it says. Sounds ominous, but who knows. Just wondering if other RFE's were like this:

" REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE NOTICE WAS MAILED. On August 13, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Rceipt number SRC(Numbers), because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by September 12, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice."

I was expecting a request for additional evidence. With the I-129f we sent certain evidence of my fiance's divorce in the form of a "family register". I since learned that the USCIS wants something more than that. I already obtained from Japan what I thought would have been the "additional" evidence to prove the divorce.

Anyway, I couldn't really find what the difference between "initial" and "additional" evidence is.

Any ideas?

But, I am glad that some action was taken on the case.

Hi Eric - I don't think you should worry. In fact, I bet you will be receiving exactly what you thought you would when you started thinking about the divorce decree.

Here's how I see the distinction:

RFE additional evidence: You submitted everything we asked for, but it wasn't enough. Please submit more evidence of your relationship - more photos, more details, more plane tickets, etc.

RFE initial evidence: You did not submit everything we asked for. Please submit (for example) your birth certificate, or your letter of intent to marry, or your proof of divorce.

In other words, the way I interpret it your "additional" evidence to prove the divorce is actually "initial" evidence.

Regardless, you will receive the paper notice soon and then you should be able to turn it right back in to them. I think "initial" is a better notice to get than "additional" because you probably already have the information, whereas with additional you might have to dig up more! "Initial" could also mean that you forgot to check a box or sign a form, since that is part of the "initial" forms/process.

I hope that clears things up. Good luck!

Met November, 2011.

Engaged July, 2013.

Sent I-129F: December 29, 2014

I-129F received: January 2, 2015

NOA1 (TSC): January 5, 2015

RFE (electronic): July 15, 2015

RFE (paper): July 20, 2015 - RFE: "initial" - prove citizenship. TSC lost my birth certificate :/

RFE response received: July 23, 2015

NOA2 - APPROVED!: July 29, 2015 (205 days)

NOA2 (paper): August 3, 2015

Case sent to DoS: August 3, 2015

Case sent to Embassy: August 21, 2015

Case Received by Embassy: August 24, 2015

Packet 3 Received: September 8, 2015

Packet 3 Sent: September 10, 2015

Packet 4 Received: September 14, 2015

Interview - APPROVED!: October 27, 2015 (295 days)

Case Status: Admin. Processing Oct. 28&29, Issued Oct. 30

Visa Received: November 4, 2015

Point of Entry: November 13th @ Newark on the way to Denver!

Wedding: December 26th with my family in Maine!

Wedding Party: July 2nd, 2016 with both families + friends!

Congratulations! Your petition has arrived safely at the TSC...

Warehouse_IndianaJones_Ark-255x183.jpg

...we will have Top Men working on it shortly...

Timeline

Oh, so the above post makes sense....I have yet to receive the paper copy of the RFE in the mail. I am quoting the case status update on the USCIS website.

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19

Timeline

Hi Eric - I don't think you should worry. In fact, I bet you will be receiving exactly what you thought you would when you started thinking about the divorce decree.

Here's how I see the distinction:

RFE additional evidence: You submitted everything we asked for, but it wasn't enough. Please submit more evidence of your relationship - more photos, more details, more plane tickets, etc.

RFE initial evidence: You did not submit everything we asked for. Please submit (for example) your birth certificate, or your letter of intent to marry, or your proof of divorce.

In other words, the way I interpret it your "additional" evidence to prove the divorce is actually "initial" evidence.

Regardless, you will receive the paper notice soon and then you should be able to turn it right back in to them. I think "initial" is a better notice to get than "additional" because you probably already have the information, whereas with additional you might have to dig up more! "Initial" could also mean that you forgot to check a box or sign a form, since that is part of the "initial" forms/process.

I hope that clears things up. Good luck!

Hi Sea-Schtick:

I hope things are going well for you and your fiance.

Yes, your analysis is very helpful and my addled brain was able to process what you said. It makes sense. The family register thing we sent probably didn't count as any evidence of divorce, so the Petition is likely considered "blank" on that.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me understand this.

Special Note To Others Still Waiting: Action occurred on my file about 5 days after staff from my Senator and Congressman spoke to the TSC and politely requested that they take a look at my file.

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19

Glad to see some movement on your case, Eric. Hope it's a quick turnaround for you now.

Filed I-129f petition---------------- 01.07.2015

Hardcopy NOA1 rec.----------------01.23.2015

K1 Visa Received---------------------10.09.2015

Married--------------------------------- 12.12.2015

Filed AOS/EAD-------------------------02.02.2016

AOS/EAD NOA1 rec.------------------02.08.2016

EAD Approved--------------------------04.11.2016

:reading:You can read more about my immigration journey on my blog as well as get tips and information about the process.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi fellow January 2015 TSC filers. I got great news tonight at 9:13PM EST tonight! Our visa from January 13, 2015 has been approved!! I was really starting to get anxious, seeing those just before and after us getting approved. Keep your hearts secure, it doesn't matter the date of filing, it's the order they process them in :yes: Next awaiting the NVC letter and then onto the next big step of facing Accra, Ghana Embassy!!! :o

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi fellow January 2015 TSC filers. I got great news tonight at 9:13PM EST tonight! Our visa from January 13, 2015 has been approved!! I was really starting to get anxious, seeing those just before and after us getting approved. Keep your hearts secure, it doesn't matter the date of filing, it's the order they process them in :yes: Next awaiting the NVC letter and then onto the next big step of facing Accra, Ghana Embassy!!! :o

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

My fiancé called USCIS this morning, as I know people have had luck after doing so despite the call seeming unproductive, which is was, he got the whole "regular processing time" spiel but here we are! ahhhhhh! I'm so excited.

Edited by ehh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

My fiancé called USCIS this morning, as I know people have had luck after doing so despite the call seeming unproductive, which is was, he got the whole "regular processing time" spiel but here we are! ahhhhhh! I'm so excited.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.