ce2010

Few questions Before Interview.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everybody,

I am about to go to interview ( 5 year rule)

i have few questions.

1. first of all .. in the where we work timing section i have few months of between jobs that i didnt write what i did, do you think it would cause any problem?

2. i have filed taxes last 7 years .. with the interview letter i received a sheet of paper that says what to bring(recommended).

it said please bring irs-1722 letter ( which is transcript) DO YOU THINK I NEED TO TAKE TRANSCRIPT even i filed my taxes and i have all the copies of everything such as my tax papers?

3. some of you know that i had an arrest in my record that i found out last month (that i didnt go to jail for ) i already got court papers about NOLLE PROSSE on the case and police report from the incident and i also found real police report that i got that night in 2008. do you think this is enough?

i am very confused about if i should PRINT pages from application that includes the arrest questions..(page 15-16) but after taking a look at them im getting confused about what to put check on and if i should write the information in the boxes. do you think during interview, officer will print and re-do those pages with the new information or i should print and do it myself?

please give me some ideas..

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everybody,

I am about to go to interview ( 5 year rule)

i have few questions.

1. first of all .. in the where we work timing section i have few months of between jobs that i didnt write what i did, do you think it would cause any problem?

2. i have filed taxes last 7 years .. with the interview letter i received a sheet of paper that says what to bring(recommended).

it said please bring irs-1722 letter ( which is transcript) DO YOU THINK I NEED TO TAKE TRANSCRIPT even i filed my taxes and i have all the copies of everything such as my tax papers?

3. some of you know that i had an arrest in my record that i found out last month (that i didnt go to jail for ) i already got court papers about NOLLE PROSSE on the case and police report from the incident and i also found real police report that i got that night in 2008. do you think this is enough?

i am very confused about if i should PRINT pages from application that includes the arrest questions..(page 15-16) but after taking a look at them im getting confused about what to put check on and if i should write the information in the boxes. do you think during interview, officer will print and re-do those pages with the new information or i should print and do it myself?

please give me some ideas..

thank you

1. You should have included the dates you were unemployed on the application. Tell your interviewer and he will correct the information.

2. The tax return should have all the information that the interviewer needs. The tax transcripts are just easier to look at. You should be okay, but if the interviewer insists on seeing the text transcripts you will just ask you to send them in.

3. It's hard to say what the interviewer will want to see. The documents you have may be enough, but he may ask for more detailed court documents. You'll just have to wait and see. If you print out the corrected pages it could make things easier, but usually the interviewer will make corrections in pen on the form and then have you sign off on all the corrections.

You should definitely mention that you have several corrections to make right at the beginning of the interview before anything else happens. You don't want to be accused of purposely leaving off information.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why not just get the tax transcripts online and print them out? It takes a few minutes and it'll give you peace of mind.

Naturalization

November 10th, 2014 (Day 0) - Mailed N-400 to Arizona Lockbox

November 13th, 2014 (Day 1) - Application received in Phoenix

November 14th, 2014 (Day 2) - Priority date on NOA

November 17th, 2014 (Day 5) - Check cashed

November 19th, 2014 (Day 7) - NOA received

November 29th, 2014 (Day 17) - Biometrics appointment letter received

December 1st, 2014 (Day 19) - Walk-in biometrics completed

December 6th, 2014 (Day 24) - Yellow letter received

January 7th, 2015 (Day 56) - Online notification of in line for interview

January 8th, 2015 (Day 57) - Online notification of interview scheduled

January 15th, 2015 (Day 64) - Interview letter received

February 13th, 2015 (Day 93) - Naturalization interview: APPROVED!

February 17th, 2015 (Day 97) - Online notification of oath ceremony scheduled

February 20th, 2015 (Day 100) - Oath ceremony letter received

March 5th, 2015 (Day 113) - Oath ceremony: U.S. CITIZEN!

ROC

November 15th, 2013 (Day 0) - Mailed I-751 to California Service Center

November 18th, 2013 (Day 1) - Application received at CSC; NOA date

November 20th, 2013 (Day 3) - Check cashed

November 22nd, 2013 (Day 5) - NOA received

November 25th, 2013 (Day 8) - Biometrics appointment letter received

December 13th, 2013 (Day 26) - Biometrics appointment

March 24th, 2014 (Day 127) - Card production ordered!

March 31st, 2014 (Day 134) - 10-year green card received!

AOS from F-1 Visa (June 2nd, 2011 - Wedding)
November 9th, 2011 (Day 0) - Mailed I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 to Chicago Lockbox
November 10th, 2011 (Day 1) - Application received in Chicago
November 15th, 2011 (Day 6) - E-mail notification

November 16th, 2011 (Day 7) - Checks cashed
November 18th, 2011 (Day 9) - NOAs received
November 21st, 2011 (Day 12) - Biometrics appointment notice received
November 23rd, 2011 (Day 14) - Walk-in biometrics completed
January 5th, 2012 (Day 57) - Interview scheduled notice AND notice of card production for EAD and AP
January 13th, 2012 (Day 65) - Combination EAD/AP card received
February 7th, 2012 (Day 90) - Interview: APPROVED!
February 10th, 2012 (Day 93) - Green card production ordered
February 15th, 2012 (Day 98) - Green card received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm pretty sure you only need to take tax documents if your filling under the 3 year rule ( married to a us citizen to prove your relationship ).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.