t1488

Police Records from China

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I found myself in a similar scenario with a Vietnamese police check. Like you I contacted the embassy after thinking I might not be able to get it, and they wrote to me to say check the website guidelines (as if I already hadn't) and otherwise to discuss it with the CO during the interview, and also to bring any supporting documents to show attempts to get the form. So I'd advise keeping all the emails and possible fees you pay if you end up getting an unreliable service online, just in case you cannot get it and go to the interview without it.

I recently was approved and am waiting on my visa, but the only stressful part of the whole process for me was dealing with the Vietnamese police check. It cost me an unbelivable amount of money and just terrible back and forths and moving of goalposts. But when I went for my interview (in London) I was asked if I had the Vietnamese police check when they were assembling my documents, and I said yes, and they just carried on, never asked for a copy, never asked to even see it. So hopefully there is a way around it if you can't get it, by showing in detail your efforts to try to get it.

• 2 months later...

HEllo, people! do you have any updates?

Recently we have faced the same issue - my wife needs such record from CHina and our employer tried to help us, but police refused them. Going to China to get it is way too expensive. Anyone managed to get the report with help of mention visachina company? Did USA embassy accept it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hiya - I used Visa in China (www.visainchina.com), they were good.

Previous employers & friends in Shanghai were unable to help: I didn't have copies of previous passport with my China Employment visa, or entry/exit stamps.

I contacted Visa In China. Magic Cheng managed my request. You complete their forms & send scans of docs they need. They submit on your behalf. Usually takes 4 weeks to process, mine took 5 as coincided with Chinese New Year. After 4 weeks, I did email them to chase up the status.

They email scans of the NCR report to you. 4 pages: the NCR statement, plus translation, statement certifying translation is correct, plus translation of that. All notarised & stamped.

I checked them & paid via Western Union. They courier it over and give you the tracking number. It took 2 days to arrive (to London).

It cost around rmb3,300.00 including the courier fee, plus the Western Union fee about 16pounds.

They asked for payment in US$, but Western Union would only allow rmb (closed currency), so sent rmb & was fine.

Did mention at my Embassy interview that it was extremely hard to get the China NCR & cost a lot of money. But, they weren't really interested - just needed the certificate, which they got and were happy with.

Good luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes! Things went well, almost word for word what jen2198 said. I recieved my police clearance March 24th, had it in Montreal the next day, then waited three weeks. I recieved my passport with stamp april 15th and was in the USA by the 17th. I'm here now and very relieved it's over!

Good luck!

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.