jwiiDR

@NVC - DR has approved expedite - what's next???

17 posts in this topic

The NVC just notified me that the US Embassy General has approved my expedite request. I've sent the AOS & IV package to the NVC already. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do next? Here is part of the email...

"The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General when we finish our intake process and we do not have timeframe.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview."

Thank you in advance

The NVC just notified me that the US Embassy General has approved my expedite request. I've sent the AOS & IV package to the NVC already. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do next? Here is part of the email...

"The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General when we finish our intake process and we do not have timeframe.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview."

Thank you in advance

Congrats! Nvc will forward the case to embassy along with whatever they have.It took almost 3 weeks for embassy to receive my case. The embassy will give you access to schedule appts and will send you list of what is needed for interview.

Congrats! Nvc will forward the case to embassy along with whatever they have.It took almost 3 weeks for embassy to receive my case. The embassy will give you access to schedule appts and will send you list of what is needed for interview.

Thank you! How will I know? Do I need to call NVC or the embassy to check that they're sending it? Will it say something on the CEAC website? I'm so surprised that they accepted it, I'm all disoriented =).

Thank you! How will I know? Do I need to call NVC or the embassy to check that they're sending it? Will it say something on the CEAC website? I'm so surprised that they accepted it, I'm all disoriented =).

I called nvc everyday lol but on ceac once its send to embassy it will say in transit you can then call nvc and get an exact ship date. And it took 3 days for embassy to receive. Once embassy receives it ceac will show ready. From there on you can call embassy for anything in reguard to case. You can track shipping on DHL site too. It work for me

Did you get any news about your file? Did it end up reaching the embassy yet? Im in the same situation i got the exact same email when my case was expedited 2 weeks ago but now they can't tell me what happens from here now that i have a case number. I have no idea whether to send papers to NVC or wait to see if my file gets shipped out to Sydney consulate

Did you get any news about your file? Did it end up reaching the embassy yet? Im in the same situation i got the exact same email when my case was expedited 2 weeks ago but now they can't tell me what happens from here now that i have a case number. I have no idea whether to send papers to NVC or wait to see if my file gets shipped out to Sydney consulate

Hi, yes it did it took 3 days after nvc send case for embassy to receive. On ceac it then showed ready. Then I called embassy with schedule my husband vac (fingerprints) and interview. On the appt letter it indicated what to bring to interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I'm also in the same situation but NVC says Embassy approved the request but told them to complete the case before sending it to them.

I ask the question; then, what's the point of expediting ? if it's still gonna take NVC the 60days to get Case Completed ?

Started Talking===================: 2012

Met in person====================: May 2013

K-1 (i-129):

USCIS:

Got engaged=====================: May 2013

Filed i-129=======================: Aug 2013

NO1============================: Aug 8, 2013

RFE============================: September 2013

NO2============================: October 15, 2013,

NVC:

Received:

Case#===========================: October 28, 2013

Approved ========================: October 2013

Sent=============================: November 2013

Embassy (Yaounde, Cameroon):

Received=========================: November 2013

Packet 3 (Instructions) ==============: December 2013

Interview=========================: January 28, 2014

RFE ============================: February 2014

2nd RFE=========================: March 2014

Results (Final decision) =============: April 2, 2014 (Denied. CEAC Website still says AP)

IR-1/CR-1 (i-130):

USCIS:

Got married=======================: May 8, 2014

Filed i-130========================: September 9, 2014

NO1=============================: September 11, 2014

Filed Expedite Request==============: October 3, 2014 (Approved)

NO2=============================: November 3, 2014

NVC:

Received=========================: December 22, 2014

Case#:

Filed Expedite Request==============: Feb 11, 2015

(Approved By Embassy-Yaounde, Cameroon

but says case must be completed by NVC first before the can proceed with the request)

Expedite Request Approved==========: February 27, 2015

AOS Invoiced / Received DS-261======: January 30, 2015

AOS Paid online===================: January 30, 2015

IV Invoiced=======================: February 18, 2015

IV Paid Online ====================: February 18, 2015

AOS & IV package sent off===========: February 20, 2015

Scanned date=====================: February 23, 2015

Checklist=========================: March 27, 2015

2nd Scanned date==================: April 3, 2015

Case Complete ====================: April 24, 2015

Appointment Date ==================: Expedited. Date by Embassy. (Tuesday June 23, 2015 at 9a.m )

Sent=============================: May 1, 2015

Embassy (Yaounde, Cameroon):

Received =========================: May 5, 2015

Packet 3 & Packet 4 (Instructions) ======: May 11, 2015

Interview =========================: Tuesday June 23, 2015 at 9a.m

Results===========================: APPROVED!

Visa in hand =====================: July 9, 2015

U.S.A.

Port Of Entry=======================: New York John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport (July 11, 2015)

Applied for SSN====================: July 22, 2015

Received SSN====================: July 27, 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congratulations,

may i ask for what reason did you get your case expedited? and how long did it take you to receive the expedition approval email?

we sent an expedition request too because my husband was diagnosed with seizure disorder, we attached to the email the doctor report, and we received an under review email 2 days ago, my husband and I are so nervous and so so in need for the expedition.

Started talking on skype: Mar 28th, 2012
Got married: Feb 4th, 2014 (L)
I-130 sent (F2A case type): Feb 20th, 2014
USCIS approval (California Service Center): Apr 8th, 2014
Case received by NVC: May 20th, 2014
My hubby got his citizenship: Sep 19th, 2014
Case upgrade request sent: Sep 21th, 2014
case upgraded to CR1: Nov 26th, 2014
AOS and IV packages sent: Dec 28th, 2014
Checklist (cuz of missing info in I-864): Feb 27th, 2015 :crying:
Expedition request sent: Mar 3rd, 2015
Expedition under review email received: Mar 7th, 2015 :clock:
Expedition request approved: Mar 10th, 2015
Email confirming our expedition request approval received: Mar 11th, 2015
case status updated to "in transit" at CEAC: Mar 13th, 2015
case status updated to "Ready" at CEAC: March 16th, 2015
medical exam: Mar 23rd, 2015
interview date(visa approved: Mar 25th, 2015
visa in hand: Apr 7th, 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hi,

Can I ask you all how long did it take to get approved? I got an under review email 10 days ago and no news since then...

As of my understanding you have to call them else it takes longer to get anything in mail..however mine was approved but still had to submit docs and fees to NVC..and I think it won't be any faster

Hi guys, I'm sorry for not responding as I had no answer for you all. I was able to get my case expedited due to financial hardship. My husband lost his job in the DR and I, the USC, was having to help him financially and could no longer afford to. It was either daycare for my child or a roof over his head. Needless to say I've had to take out a loan for the time being but....

My case was expedited at NVC on Feb 11th. I just saw on the CEAC website that it was sent to Santo Domingo TODAY!!! I called NVC since Feb 11th once/twice a week and they told me that they didn't know a timeframe and that I had to wait for them to get all of the documents I sent together. I called this evening to confirm what I saw and she said that from here on out all calls need to be directed to the embassy!

Its been almost a year since I last saw my husband (physically that is). He hasn't met our 5 month old daughter yet. This is such a blessing, hopefully we'll be together soon!

As of my understanding you have to call them else it takes longer to get anything in mail..however mine was approved but still had to submit docs and fees to NVC..and I think it won't be any faster

hi,

Can I ask you all how long did it take to get approved? I got an under review email 10 days ago and no news since then...

congratulations,

may i ask for what reason did you get your case expedited? and how long did it take you to receive the expedition approval email?

we sent an expedition request too because my husband was diagnosed with seizure disorder, we attached to the email the doctor report, and we received an under review email 2 days ago, my husband and I are so nervous and so so in need for the expedition.

same situation embassy approved my expedite request, however they still want NVC to review.. what's the point of expedite

I'm also in the same situation but NVC says Embassy approved the request but told them to complete the case before sending it to them.

I ask the question; then, what's the point of expediting ? if it's still gonna take NVC the 60days to get Case Completed ?

Edited by jwiiDR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys, I'm sorry for not responding as I had no answer for you all. I was able to get my case expedited due to financial hardship. My husband lost his job in the DR and I, the USC, was having to help him financially and could no longer afford to. It was either daycare for my child or a roof over his head. Needless to say I've had to take out a loan for the time being but....

My case was expedited at NVC on Feb 11th. I just saw on the CEAC website that it was sent to Santo Domingo TODAY!!! I called NVC since Feb 11th once/twice a week and they told me that they didn't know a timeframe and that I had to wait for them to get all of the documents I sent together. I called this evening to confirm what I saw and she said that from here on out all calls need to be directed to the embassy!

Its been almost a year since I last saw my husband (physically that is). He hasn't met our 5 month old daughter yet. This is such a blessing, hopefully we'll be together soon!

Thank you for your reply, I'm really so so happy for you, wish you great luck with the following steps

Edited by ibabu
Started talking on skype: Mar 28th, 2012
Got married: Feb 4th, 2014 (L)
I-130 sent (F2A case type): Feb 20th, 2014
USCIS approval (California Service Center): Apr 8th, 2014
Case received by NVC: May 20th, 2014
My hubby got his citizenship: Sep 19th, 2014
Case upgrade request sent: Sep 21th, 2014
case upgraded to CR1: Nov 26th, 2014
AOS and IV packages sent: Dec 28th, 2014
Checklist (cuz of missing info in I-864): Feb 27th, 2015 :crying:
Expedition request sent: Mar 3rd, 2015
Expedition under review email received: Mar 7th, 2015 :clock:
Expedition request approved: Mar 10th, 2015
Email confirming our expedition request approval received: Mar 11th, 2015
case status updated to "in transit" at CEAC: Mar 13th, 2015
case status updated to "Ready" at CEAC: March 16th, 2015
medical exam: Mar 23rd, 2015
interview date(visa approved: Mar 25th, 2015
visa in hand: Apr 7th, 2015

Did you get any emails from the embassy or NVC Expedite?? We got our expedite granted on Feb 11th and it took them a little less than 30 days to get all of our documents together and send them out. Our documents were sent to the embassy on March 6th and they got to the embassy and I was able to schedule my husband's appts yesterday, March 11th!

It's crazy how this is such a long process but when things happen, they happen REALLY fast =), GOODLUCK!

well I got my case expedited! called today and nvc told me it was granted.. I have no idea whats next!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.