69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I just wanted to hear some good news!

Today I called the USCIS office at Vienna and they told me that till yesterday,Feb,14th they all thought DCF is coming back.I asked if they had expected anything positive to happen,but she answered-I don't know anymore,we've been expecting that for a couple of weeks-yes,it's gonna happen,yes,it's gonna happen,but then yesterday from Washington they said that -well,maybe not.you'd better call again over the weekend for more information.

I don't want to disappoint you guys-it's just what she said,it doesn't mean it's gonna happen :thumbs:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I called the USCIS office at Vienna and they told me that till yesterday,Feb,14th they all thought DCF is coming back.I asked if they had expected anything positive to happen,but she answered-I don't know anymore,we've been expecting that for a couple of weeks-yes,it's gonna happen,yes,it's gonna happen,but then yesterday from Washington they said that -well,maybe not.you'd better call again over the weekend for more information.

I don't want to disappoint you guys-it's just what she said,it doesn't mean it's gonna happen :thumbs:

Meh, I wouldn't worry about that. Time makes people skeptical. God knows its doing that to all of us!

If there are laws and regulations to sort out, then it will take time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I emailed my husband's local consulate and basically their reply was "We are not excepting any apps in this office and have nothing to report as far as changes to the new law." Instructed me to file in the US if I am living in the US and in Rome if I am living with my husband in his country. :(

Dear Madam:

As you are already aware No petition are accepted at post. If you will be Resident of Algeria you can fill out a petition I-130 for your husband with USCIS, Rome , for more information check on their website: http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/default.asp . If you are resident in USA you should petition with USCIS under your jurisdiction see : www.uscis.gov

Upon your husband’s petition will be approved and processed, the petition will be forwarded to Algiers for visa processing.

Sincerely,

Consular Section

Ah, Aneta, thanks for that update, although it really casts a dark shadow on things! Arrrgh! I really hope it's just a delay and that they figure out a way to work DCF out, but that "maybe not" does sound kind of ominous.

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Meh, I wouldn't worry about that. Time makes people skeptical. God knows its doing that to all of us!

If there are laws and regulations to sort out, then it will take time.

That quote makes no sense to me unless for some reason Rome has special powers to take applications from other countries. I havent seen any foreign USCIS take any app's from another country other than the one they are in.

If any one knows more on this could they clarify this because if I could I would file in Rome myself or Vienna (my sub office).

Is this a new law or just a general @#$% up on the gvmnt side?

Sorry I meant to quote Henia

"

I emailed my husband's local consulate and basically their reply was "We are not excepting any apps in this office and have nothing to report as far as changes to the new law." Instructed me to file in the US if I am living in the US and in Rome if I am living with my husband in his country. sad.gif

Dear Madam:

As you are already aware No petition are accepted at post. If you will be Resident of Algeria you can fill out a petition I-130 for your husband with USCIS, Rome , for more information check on their website: http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/default.asp . If you are resident in USA you should petition with USCIS under your jurisdiction see : www.uscis.gov

Upon your husband’s petition will be approved and processed, the petition will be forwarded to Algiers for visa processing.

Sincerely,

Consular Section

"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I believe Oz petitions are meant to be forwarded to Bangkok's USCIS since they have jurisdiction, and Oz has no USCIS offices. This hasn't been the *official* word, but one of VJ members' wife got told in her Sydney interview that it will be fwded to Bangkok, but then when they emailed the Consulate days later they said we dont know yet, havent been told etc...

That quote makes no sense to me unless for some reason Rome has special powers to take applications from other countries. I havent seen any foreign USCIS take any app's from another country other than the one they are in.
Edited by Elle

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

So far no news about the official cable telling Consular sections to accept I-130's again.

On a positive note Moscow CIS has started mailing back petitions to the originating offices en masse.

:innocent:

And just to add to the rumor mill:

I spoke with USCIS in Vienna today, and the lovely man there told me that as far as he knew, there was every indication that DCF would be coming back in some form or another, but that they had recently gotten instructions to "not do anything" until final word came from Washington. "We hate feeling like idiots," he said, "telling everyone to call back in a few days, and then still no news, but that's the situation."

9-12/2004 - met and fell in love in Bulgaria

2004 - 2006 - travel, travel, travel...

11/2006 - moved to Bulgaria

1/2007 - engaged

4/2007 - wedding

DCF for CR-1 Visa BEGINS:

5/16/2007 - I-130 filed at Sofia, Bulgaria embassy

Filed: Timeline
found on the website of the uscis in rome:

http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/default.asp

The Rome District Office has direct jurisdiction for USCIS immigration matters in the following locations:

Italy, Algeria, Andorra, France, Gibraltar, Holy See, Libya, Malta, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Tunisia, and Western Sahara.

http://italy.usembassy.gov/dhs/uscis/services/I-130.asp

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in Rome accepts I-130 petitions by mail or in person from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered Italy temporarily as a visitor or on business, must file the petition with the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center in the United States.

It all looks good...

of course London and Denmark haven't posted anything yet (I live in Denmark which is under the USCIS in London)

I talked to the Italian Embassy this morning and they insist that they always have and always will accept I-130's. They said processing time is 4-6 months....is this true?? They were skeptical to accept my petition since I live in Spain and they don't believe that Madrid can no longer accept them. But eventually they agreed that since they have jurisdiction, they are oK. Anyone gone through the process in Roma? What do I need to prove I am a resident of Spain? I have a certificate registered in the town hall...is that enough?

Married 3/31/07

DCF Madrid-04/22/07

Green Card Granted 5/29/07

DH arrived in USA to live with me for good! 6/3/07

Filing for removal of conditions by 5/29/09

Baby girl due on 5/17/09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.