mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@debi361 that's so quick well we having gotten any Mail from NVC yet but I hope we hear good news this week by the grace of God. Thanks for updating your Timeline.

It's been a week since NVC received our documents.. We still don't have MCN ang invoice number.. But I'm pretty sure within this week we wil have it.. I claim it.. Have faith.. God is good..

Yeah u may not have yet. Took ours 17 days before we got the nvc letter counting from the time that nvc receive our papers from uscis. Anyway, good luck.

@debi361 that's so quick well we having gotten any Mail from NVC yet but I hope we hear good news this week by the grace of God. Thanks for updating your Timeline.

Yeah we were surprised to get it so soon as well, because when my husband called them like a week ago they said to wait 1 month and they will send all info in mail. We were planning to make an earlier follow up next week but I since we got it already, there's no need. So this is really neat. No need to do any more calls. We tried to do the DS-261 online though but it didnt work out yet eventhough we have the case number and IIN already. I looked at other forums about it and it said we got to wait at least another week to have the case number ready on their system. This Friday May 15, will try it again to see if its ready, since May 15 will be the 7th day, if we follow the date they made the letter at NVC. Hopefully it will be.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am a US Citizen and I filed I-130 for my wife, who is currently in India back in Feb 23, and it was received by USCIS on Feb 25 and I received NOA1 on February 27th. I know it hasn't been 5 months yet, but I wanted to know if any of Feb filler have gotten their case approved by Texas service center. If yes, could you please post your timeline.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

Timeline

Good news my husband got a Mail from NVC yesterday containing all the instructions. I'm so thankful to God and now we don't need to keep calling the NVC again since we have our case number and IIN. Please any more information on how to go through the NVC processing properly will be appreciated. Wishing everyone at the USCIS and NVC level success on this Journey and I want us all to keep on the faith and trust in God complete. Oh I will update my Timeline later. Stay bless everyone

@finben Please do me a favor, would u kindly check if you can access the CEAC for filling up DS-261. I still couldn't access on mine. Please let me know if you can already or not. It's kinda frustrating. Thanks! :)

Edited by debi361

Timeline

@debi361 ok I will let you know as soon as I'm able to fill the DS-261 online but is it after we fill the DS-261 that we can now pay the Affidavit of Support fee online or through Money order. Well I will get back to you soon.

@debi361 ok I will let you know as soon as I'm able to fill the DS-261 online but is it after we fill the DS-261 that we can now pay the Affidavit of Support fee online or through Money order. Well I will get back to you soon.

Thanks @finben. We haven't paid the AOS fee yet also. Was thinking same thing we finish the DS-261 first before paying the AOS fee but I'm not sure. I just hope they get the online system working soon. I think we will do the money order thing. Thanks! ;)

Timeline

@debi361 that's ok because my husband said he prefers paying AOS fee through money order. Well I tried filling the DS-261 form from nvc website which is www.nvc.states.gov and they said that the ceac site is having technical problem but it will be fix soon so let's just keep trying.

Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm finding it difficult to sign into ceac site with my NVC case number to start filling the DS-261 because NVC said they are having Technical problem for now and I should try again later but please has anyone that got their NVC case number this week being able to access the ceac site to fill the DS-261 yet. Thanks and God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.