Angel012110

February 2015 AOS Filers

792 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Looks as though I finally got my tracking number and my card should arrive on Thursday so will be heading to apply for my SSN!

Quick question for all those who have applied, is it just a case of bringing the EAD card itself, Birth Certificate and Passport and the completed SSN form? or is more documentation required?

Thanks all! :)

I went there today. Here is Atlanta they were asking for the EAD card itself, birth certificate, passport and that is all.

Guys, i applied for SSN and Drivers license and both are going to be delayed, because neither of the offices were able to verify my immigration status on E-Verify. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I went there today. Here is Atlanta they were asking for the EAD card itself, birth certificate, passport and that is all.

Guys, i applied for SSN and Drivers license and both are going to be delayed, because neither of the offices were able to verify my immigration status on E-Verify. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I applied for my SSN 2 weeks and no update yet. They told me to that it can take upto 4 weeks to verify the information. I am planning to visit my local office today.

Filed: Timeline

I am waiting my EAD card, but,,,, still pending...

I check most of February AOS filers got EAD card or approved.

I am getting frustrated... I need to have EAD card before Jun 1....

I hope that it will be approved in this week.... please......

AOS TIMELINE

02/19/2015 - AOS packet sent via USPS (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

02/21/2015 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

02/23/2015 - (day 01) Case was Received (I-130, I-765, I-131)

02/25/2015 - (day 03) Fingerprint was recieved (I-485)

02/26/2015 - (day 04) NOA dates

02/27/2015 - (day 05) Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email

02/27/2015 - (day 05) Checks cashed

03/05/2015 - (day 11) Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

04/04/2015 - (day 41) NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 04/13/2015

04/06/2015 - (day 43) Successful walk-in Biometrics

04/13/2015 - (day 50) Biometrics appointment (Original)

04/15/2015 - (day 52) Ready for interview

05/11/2015 - (day 78) I-765 status changed to "card production", I-131 approved

05/18/2015 - (day 85) EAD/AP card mailed

05/20/2015 - (day 87) EAD/AP card received

08/09/2015 - (day ) Interview

01/08/2016 - (day ) Finally!!!! "New Card is being produced"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I just received my EAD Card Yesterday but it came with the wrong DoB (year) :( I already called USCIS to report the typographical error and should take something between 15 to 30 days to get a response...but the "good" news is that the SSA allowed me to apply for the SSN under the wrong DoB and as soon as I get the new EAD I have to update my SSN profile :)

I hope that doesn't happen with you guys and everything goes fine.

Hello all,

Received my EAD card today. Thank goodness! :)

Went to SSN office also, they aren't able to put through my application at the moment as its too soon and not updated on the system. They didn't even process the application or give me a receipt, he took my details and then told me to come back in 2 weeks and they will be able to apply then. Is this a commen reoccurring thing? I notice some of you have had delays because of this but my office didn't even process anything and said I must come back. Just looking for clarification! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hello all,

Received my EAD card today. Thank goodness! :)

Went to SSN office also, they aren't able to put through my application at the moment as its too soon and not updated on the system. They didn't even process the application or give me a receipt, he took my details and then told me to come back in 2 weeks and they will be able to apply then. Is this a commen reoccurring thing? I notice some of you have had delays because of this but my office didn't even process anything and said I must come back. Just looking for clarification! :)

Hi,

i guess this is normal ... i haven't heard of this administration issue until i faced it myself earlier this week. They accepted my application at social security office, it looks like i won't have to go there again, but they didn't accept my application at the drivers license place so i will have to go there again once they can e-verify me. So i guess it depend on the office, the worker ... either way, it seems like it is normal.

The same thing happened to me at the DDS office (also in GA), they said they couldn't see me in the system and that they would need to contact the immigration, confirm my legal status in the country, then I would be contacted that I can get my state ID.

I thought I would not hear from anyone but a week later the officer from the DDS office actually called me and said that everything was ok and I could finish the process and get my state ID.

And the officer at the interview said that it happened because I applied for my ID within less than a month after I got my combo-card and that the delay between two systems is about a month.

Edited by panssey

Panssey... the amount of time it takes to update the site probably depends on the location where you had your interview. Since they aren't coming from a central location you'd want to message other people from your local geographical area to see if your local office is slow on these things. I wouldn't worry too much about it. In fact, I'd bet that the next update will say something about your Green Card being printed (and that might be centralized). Congrats on finishing the interview!

Thank you but a week later still there are no updates on USCIS web-site.

I am waiting my EAD card, but,,,, still pending...

I check most of February AOS filers got EAD card or approved.

I am getting frustrated... I need to have EAD card before Jun 1....

I hope that it will be approved in this week.... please......

I feel your pain, we have similar timelines..and I am frustrated as well!

Hello again all!

contacts SSA who told me to come back because the guy who i saw yesterday should have atleast put through a pending application. They processed it today for me and gave me a receipt to say it will be in the mail within 2 weeks :)

All those still waiting on EAD, i'm sure it will be with you very soon!

Thank you everyone for your awesome help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello again all!

contacts SSA who told me to come back because the guy who i saw yesterday should have atleast put through a pending application. They processed it today for me and gave me a receipt to say it will be in the mail within 2 weeks :)

All those still waiting on EAD, i'm sure it will be with you very soon!

Thank you everyone for your awesome help.

Hi TMDM,

Congrats for your card :) I was about to tell you that, because i went to the Social Security Office Yesterday (a day after my EAD arrived) and they were able to request my SSN.

So congrats for the SSN also :)

Yay! My status updated to approved for work permit and I-130 today! How exciting!

Congratulations! :)

My i-130 is yet to update. I'm guessing you're referring to your petition? and not the i131?

You should have your permit within a week or so!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hey guys,

Today I received the approval of the advance parole, but nothing about the EAD. I thought that you will get a combo card. So I am kinda nervous if there is something wrong. I remember that I got the NOA 1 for the AOS and the biometrics appointment earlier than for the EAD. So when I walked in for the fingerprints, I asked them if they can also take the fingerprints for the EAD because I didn't want to wait longer and I didn't want to drive there again for more than hour. They did it.

Did anyone have the same problem or experience? Thanks for your help. The EAD is much more important to me than the advance parole.

Today marks the 76th day of waiting on my EAD/Advanced Parole combo card approval. According to USCIS after 75 days this is considered out of the normal processing time. I have opened up a inquiry via USCIS and of course was told to wait another 30 days for a response. I have also reached out to my local congressman/senator to assist in moving this along. Fingers crossed, will let you know if any of these actions helped :unsure: .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.