PO'D

Lets talk about shampoooooooooo...

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh and the ONLY brush that I can use on my kids is a Mason Pearson brush. Any other brush and they scream because it hurts but this one is like a miracle!

Their wicked expensive but worth every penny and they last forever.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have very curly and thick hair....what has worked the best for me is Paul Mitchel Super Skinny shampoo and conditioner...It does the exact opposite of volumizer shampoo...it makes it so my dry time is less and my hair doesn't feel as heavy or thick...it also helps control the frizz...I love it...It also comes in a serum that is for shine...Combined they work so great!!!!! It's a little expensive but those who know how hard it is to find a good shampoo will know that it is worth every penny!!!!

MET ONLINE- JUNE 21, 2005

WENT TO VISIT YASSINE IN MOROCCO- APRIL 15, 2006

SENT IN I129F TO CSC- NOVEMBER 2, 2006

RECIEVED NOA1- NOVEMBER 15, 2006

CHECK CLEARED- NOVEMBER 20, 2006

NOA2!!-FEBRUARY 6, 2007

NVC RECIEVED CASE-FEBRAURY 16, 2007

NVC SENT CASE TO CASA-FEBRAURAY 21, 2007

CASA RECEIVED-FEBRAURAY 26, 2007

PACKET 3 RECEIVED-MARCH 5, 2007

INTERVIEW DATE-APRIL 4, 2007

VISA RECEIVED- APRIL 12, 2007 WOO HOO!!!!

US ENTRY- APRIL 26, 2007

WEDDING- MAY 4, 2007

FILED AOS & EAD- JULY 24, 2007

EAD CARD RECEIVED-OCTOBER 3, 2007

GREENCARD INTERVIEW-DECEMBER 13, 2007

GREENCARD RECEIVED AFTER BEING LOST IN THE MAIL SENT BACK TO SERVICE CENTER AND REMAILED OUT AFTER SEVERAL PHONECALLS-JANUARY 25, 2008

FILING TO REMOVE CONDITIONS-SEPTEMBER 2009!

4621839_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Oh and the ONLY brush that I can use on my kids is a Mason Pearson brush. Any other brush and they scream because it hurts but this one is like a miracle!

$80 for a brush :blink: .. I can get me a few cute wigs with that kind of money... :lol:

Worry is a choice that displeases God. When you worry, you reveal that you

don't really trust God to provide all that you need. --June Hunt

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

$80 for a brush :blink: .. I can get me a few cute wigs with that kind of money... :lol:

I know but we actually lost the one I used to use for three months and in that time I spent waaaay more than that on replacements but each one made them scream.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Seriously good tools make a difference. Investing in a brush is the best thing you can do since brushing your hair can be soooooo damanging! Doodle gives good advice. :thumbs:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

I know but we actually lost the one I used to use for three months and in that time I spent waaaay more than that on replacements but each one made them scream.

awww.. in that case..it is worth every penny :( poor girls, i know how they feel.

Seriously good tools make a difference. Investing in a brush is the best thing you can do since brushing your hair can be soooooo damanging! Doodle gives good advice. :thumbs:

Wait until my husband back home finds out I'm gonna buy a brush for about 500 egyptian pounds... :) Thats about one third of his paycheck (and thats for a month) ..hehehe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Link to Curly Styles and Care NaturallyCurly CurlzBiz

Quick Tips to Lose the Frizz

• A good haircut is key
  • Sleep on a satin pillowcase
  • Don't shampoo every day
  • Comb conditioner through hair in the shower
  • Avoid terrycloth towels; use microfiber instead
  • Air dry or use a diffuser
  • Use styling products suited for your hair type
  • NEVER use a brush
  • Don't touch your hair
  • A pomade is great for mid-day touchups

Origins organic shampoo for curly hair, don't use pantene, it will break your hair and possibly give you dandruff.

For curly hair you want natural ingredients so your hair doesn't look dull and puffy out of control.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wait until my husband back home finds out I'm gonna buy a brush for about 500 egyptian pounds... :) Thats about one third of his paycheck (and thats for a month) ..hehehe

He will probebly have a bigger case of sticker shock when you tell him how much Pita bread is here. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow $80 that is alot, I thought my $15 brush was expensive

He will probebly have a bigger case of sticker shock when you tell him how much Pita bread is here. :lol:

LMAO :lol: ...thats so true ..I'll keep that one for later, can't give him two big ones at once!! :lol:

Alright girls, I've got a sociology paper to get started on..this is just toooooooooooo addicting.. :unsure: I need a computer that doesnt have internet access.. :blush:

Thank you all for the advice, and I look forward to hearing some more :luv:

My husband doesnt like the idea that I blowdry my hair, and threatened to take the blowdryer away from me..

Does he just love the curly hair or does he have some adversion to blow dryers? :P

sorry I couldn't resist teasing you :innocent:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i have naturally curlyish, frizzy hair too. i used to flat iron it all the time but its sooo damaging i've learned to manage it with curls. my stylist taught me a great trick. which i'd show you but its kind of hard to describe.

if you do the japanese ionic treatment, it works wonders. my friend has it and it looks amazing. i considered it too, but you better be prepared to have straight hair for yearsssssssss (unless you cut it all off) its permanent. also you can't have highlighted hair (bleach)

i use PHYTO products because my hair is really dry from getting blonde highlights so much. they have two lines, mine is the extreme for dry hair. not the normal one they sell everywhere. they have really really healed my hair beautifully and they have good treatments for frizz. but it aint cheap!

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Best product ever??

PM treatment

But incredibly expensive. I have losely curly (looks like the stereotypical surfer half-curl half wave hair) hair that is long and blonde and super-fine. I am trying to grow it out. I also have a husband who covets straight hair and loves my hair to be straight so he can live through me. So I do a fair ammount to my hair. Tricks that I have found to work:

A. ) use a good shampoo and conditioner-- I have a lot I like, and I am currently involved with Bath and Body Works shampoo. I am a greasy little Germanic oil spot of a girl, which is great in the sense I look 20 when I'm almost 30, but bad for the whole hair and face shiney/oily thing.

B. ) go to sephora and ask for samples of stuff. Like this PM treatment. Try to hit a different girl each time. Because OMG. Did you see that price? Multiply that by how many years you will use this.

C. ) Tell Dh I will not straighten my hair every day, too bad, so sad, you're a dirty dirty lad.

Oh wait, that's not what I said.

But it's what I thought.

Point being, you have to go a couple of days without the heat styling. Since you wear hijab, you actually have a great thing going for you-- you can put in something like this PM treatment and go out with a thick hijab and maybe an underscarf, and let your hair repair while you're out and about! Then when you come home, you can fix it.

That is assuming you fix your hair if you are going to be seeing the husband, and actually if you're seperated then ha! he can't see the hijab hair anyway so no big deal! (you have to look for the good in being seperated. My good is that my husband is a neat freak and so this way I can clean whenever I darn well please.)

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.