-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

ive got it coming to the house only because the depot is in an industrial estate and i dont have a car anymore and theres no public transport to the depot.

I just kept telling them i was looking to get out to states asap as daughter has school soon and wedding also needs to be soon so that fiance son can go back to medical school.

fingers crossed theyll be quick for him also .

at least its the last hurdle.

Fees all paid!

Except the medical and the $165 for the green card but they are some months away. For now my wallet can relax a little.

Waiting for DS-260 to unlock.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm currently out of the UK so will be flying home for my medical and interview next month, just a question regarding time between the two.

As it says leave 4-5 days between the two, I have provisionally booked a Monday Medical and following Monday for Interview.

Was wondering if a Monday Medical and Friday Interview would be pushing it? Probably is but just wanted to hear if anyone has any idea of how long it usually takes.

I'm currently out of the UK so will be flying home for my medical and interview next month, just a question regarding time between the two.

As it says leave 4-5 days between the two, I have provisionally booked a Monday Medical and following Monday for Interview.

Was wondering if a Monday Medical and Friday Interview would be pushing it? Probably is but just wanted to hear if anyone has any idea of how long it usually takes.

I would say that would be pushing it. From what I remember of my conversation with the receptionist it takes between 2 - 3 days to get the blood test results back, and then if there are no problems they courier it to the embassy the following day. So, technically, yes, I guess you could do it, but I think you'd be taking a risk. And for the sake of a few days it means you can't get approved right there at your interview. I'd say stick to what you have provisionally. I also flew back from a trip to do all mine, and I had it booked as a Friday and then the interview on Monday a week later. Gave myself that little bit of breathing room, so I wasn't worrying about it. At the end of the day though, it won't really matter if your medical isn't there for the interview. I think they still let you know, but it just sits as pending until they get your medical.

I arrived in New York yesterday. everything went smoothly, although it took a little time!

K1

I-129F sent : 2016-03-04

Interview approved: 2016-07-26

POE NY JFK: 2016-08-19

Wedding (NYC city hall): 2016-08-26

AOS + EAD + AP

Application sent: 2016-08-26

Application delivered: 2016-08-29

NOA texts/emails: 2016-09-05

NOA hardcopies: 2016-09-14

Biometrics appointment: 2016-10-07

EAD expedite request: 2016-10-13

EAD approved: 2016-10-20

AP approved: 2016-10-20

AOS approved: 2017-03-23

USPS lost greencard: 2017-04-01

i90 e-filed: 2017-04-16

Hi everyone, interview was today and he was approved!

Just a quick question, do we track his case through CEAC or through the ais.usvisa site? Thanks!!

K1 PROCESS-

4/13/16: I-129F sent to Lockbox

4/14/16: USCIS Receipt Date

4/19/16: NOA 1 text/ email; case sent to CSC

7/14/16: NOA 2 text/ email & Post Decision Activity Email

7/29/16: NVC Received Case

8/01/16: NVC assigned case number

8/08/16: Medical Interview

8/23/16: Consulate Interview

9/05/16: Visa Delivered

9/06/16: POE

AOS PROCESS-

9/17/16: AOS/ EAD/ AP Paperwork Sent

9/21/16: NOA 1 texts/ emails

9/26/16: NOA 1 hard copies

10/11/16: Biometrics Walk-In

10/12/16: RFIE Received (for AOS)

10/19/16: RFIE Response Sent

11/17/16: EAD/ AP Approved

11/25/16: EAD/ AP Received

Congrats...

track it through the CEAC website with your LND number. Fingers crossed its all quick from here on in.

Okay thanks! Yeah I hope so too... we are hoping to have him fly out on 4th of Sept but that may be a bit optimistic considering the bank holiday next week. Keeping fingers crossed though!

K1 PROCESS-

AOS PROCESS-

Just a little update: I got a phone number (what a pain that was!) and I just went to the social security office in Brooklyn and applied for my SSN. It was super fast and they didn't have to do any manual verification of my ID. Said the card should be with me within 2 weeks. I guess step after that will be opening an account - finally! Although proof of address is going to be a fun one. I'm not on any bills or the lease yet so.... Anyone have any tips for that?

Wedding is Friday. We're getting the license on Thursday morning (we're going to get there before they open Thursday and hopefully be seen fast, so we can definitely marry Friday!) and then hoping to file for AOS on Friday afternoon. Everything is printed off and ready to go, just need the marriage license to add to it, final signatures and I can relax at the thought of not having to fill out another uscis form for a while!

It all has been feeling very overwhelming and I know it's because I've just moved and things need to settle down, but feels like there is so much to do all at once!

K1

I-129F sent : 2016-03-04

Interview approved: 2016-07-26

POE NY JFK: 2016-08-19

Wedding (NYC city hall): 2016-08-26

AOS + EAD + AP

Application sent: 2016-08-26

Application delivered: 2016-08-29

NOA texts/emails: 2016-09-05

NOA hardcopies: 2016-09-14

Biometrics appointment: 2016-10-07

EAD expedite request: 2016-10-13

EAD approved: 2016-10-20

AP approved: 2016-10-20

AOS approved: 2017-03-23

USPS lost greencard: 2017-04-01

i90 e-filed: 2017-04-16

Yeah,

passports just arrived with 2 big brown envelopes, just as well as flight is booked for Friday Glasgow to Toronto then driving through border down at windsor/ detroit.

Quick as approved exactly one week ago today.

back to packing lol

Just a little update: I got a phone number (what a pain that was!) and I just went to the social security office in Brooklyn and applied for my SSN. It was super fast and they didn't have to do any manual verification of my ID. Said the card should be with me within 2 weeks. I guess step after that will be opening an account - finally! Although proof of address is going to be a fun one. I'm not on any bills or the lease yet so.... Anyone have any tips for that?

Wedding is Friday. We're getting the license on Thursday morning (we're going to get there before they open Thursday and hopefully be seen fast, so we can definitely marry Friday!) and then hoping to file for AOS on Friday afternoon. Everything is printed off and ready to go, just need the marriage license to add to it, final signatures and I can relax at the thought of not having to fill out another uscis form for a while!

It all has been feeling very overwhelming and I know it's because I've just moved and things need to settle down, but feels like there is so much to do all at once!

That's great news, you're getting a lot done so fast, so pleased for you.

Had my interview Friday, went ok but they didn't have a copy of my fiancee's divorce certificate in the package from NVC, of course that was the one thing I didn't have, kicking myself for that. Got that to the embassy by 9am Monday morning so hoping they will action things pretty quickly, they did keep my passport and have asap down for travel date, staying positive and willing speedy processing along :) Hopefully will be following your footsteps very soon.

Overwhelming because you want to cram it all in quickly. We did the same. Some people space it out.

Proof of address. Sometimes when that is required like at DMV, there is a form where hubby can show his proof of address and vouch that you are his spouse and you live at same address. Banks are funny because they can vary slightly on how they confirm identity. Foreigners are handled differently so they have various hoops to jump through to comply with laws that are forced upon them. And being a K1 puts you in no man's land because your visa is over the day you enter the country and all you have on paper is an I-94 giving you 90 days in the US. some easily let you on hubby's account. Others don't quite know how to handle you. Some have less hoops so try another bank if the first is too complicated.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yeah,

passports just arrived with 2 big brown envelopes, just as well as flight is booked for Friday Glasgow to Toronto then driving through border down at windsor/ detroit.

back to packing lol

Great news!!! Hopefully his will come just as fast!

K1 PROCESS-

AOS PROCESS-

Yeah,

back to packing lol

It's such a relief when you finally have the visas in hand, isn't it!

Have fun with that border crossing. The traffic is always an absolute nightmare on the bridge and the tunnel between Detroit and Canada. What time are you going to be doing it? During the day it's always crammed with lorries. Avoid rush hour if you can because it backs up on I-75. Though you'll be heading south and that always seems quieter!

Don't forget to actually enjoy your wedding!!!

I don't remember having to show proof of address to open our bank account, but then it was a joint account with hubby. I wasn't even living in the US at the time! That might be an option for you, getting added to one, or opening one together. I think then as long as one of you has proof of address you're good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.