-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

A lovely interview date for yourselves now to :)

Best place to look for trains is on here http://uk.megabus.com/ we got a good deal and saved some money.

My interview is at 8am and we are booked on something like a 1:30pm return, letter says it could be up to 3 hours being there, hoping it won't be nearly as long.

Eh, we had a very bad experience with megabus unfortunately. Took one of their buses to London and after stopping at a rest stop for a quick break our bus left me and my fiancé and a few others behind. Well let them know our stuff was still on the bus and they said they would grab it for us but when we arrived in London almost £250 and some belongings had been stolen. They told us they would review the CCTV and locate our stuff for us and then call us but after a few days wait we called and asked for an update and then we found out they never planned on doing that for us and because we hadn't filled a police report (they told us it was not needed, my bad for being ignorant and believing this) they weren't investigating it.

Just basically got screwed over on so many levels. We have taken virgin trains ever since and love the service so it's defiantly worth the extra cash..

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Eh, we had a very bad experience with megabus unfortunately. Took one of their buses to London and after stopping at a rest stop for a quick break our bus left me and my fiancé and a few others behind. Well let them know our stuff was still on the bus and they said they would grab it for us but when we arrived in London almost £250 and some belongings had been stolen. They told us they would review the CCTV and locate our stuff for us and then call us but after a few days wait we called and asked for an update and then we found out they never planned on doing that for us and because we hadn't filled a police report (they told us it was not needed, my bad for being ignorant and believing this) they weren't investigating it.

Just basically got screwed over on so many levels. We have taken virgin trains ever since and love the service so it's defiantly worth the extra cash..

I usually get first great western and have never had any issues with them. But I do live about 30 mins on the fast train from London so it does help.

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Might as well get in on the fun...

Had my medical last Tuesday, which was not anywhere near as bad as threads that I have read on here btw, waited about an hour to see Doc, had a few checks, blood draw and a Chest X-ray and that was it :)

Now just impatiently waiting for my interview date to be approved and waiting on the letter - Anyone know if I can call for my date?

According to quite a few peoples VJ timelines, Interview letters are being received 10 - 12 days after the Medical so I am expecting mine tomorrow.

Might as well get in on the fun...

Had my medical last Tuesday, which was not anywhere near as bad as threads that I have read on here btw, waited about an hour to see Doc, had a few checks, blood draw and a Chest X-ray and that was it :)

Now just impatiently waiting for my interview date to be approved and waiting on the letter - Anyone know if I can call for my date?

According to quite a few peoples VJ timelines, Interview letters are being received 10 - 12 days after the Medical so I am expecting mine tomorrow.

Come and join the party, welcome :)

I didn't really have a problem with the medical apart from getting up at 3:45am to get up to London for it.

There is an email address on this thread somewhere you can contact somebody and see if there is one assigned.

Got my letter 16 days after the medical on the 23/01 but it was dated the 20/01.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fiance just scheduled his medical for the 2nd of Feb! Very excited to finally have that date.

I was just looking through timelines and noticed that some peoples interviews happened just a couple weeks after the medical while other have been up to a month or so later.

I'm guessing this is just based on luck?

We are trying to figure out timing as I will be over visiting in the UK from March 18 to 30... we are hoping the interview doesn't fall in that time frame as we have booked a trip in the highlands but its looking like it possibly might.

Just looking for insight - or a link to another thread maybe?

I'm the US Petitioner

10.23.2015: I-129F Sent

11.04.2015: NOA1

12.01.2015: NOA2

12.14.2015: NVC Received

12.15.2015: LND Case Number Received

12.29.2015: Case Received at London Embassy

02.02.2016: Medical

02.03.2016: Readiness form submitted

03.14.2016: Interview! - Approved!

05.11.2016: POE

Timeline

Fiance just scheduled his medical for the 2nd of Feb! Very excited to finally have that date.

I was just looking through timelines and noticed that some peoples interviews happened just a couple weeks after the medical while other have been up to a month or so later.

I'm guessing this is just based on luck?

We are trying to figure out timing as I will be over visiting in the UK from March 18 to 30... we are hoping the interview doesn't fall in that time frame as we have booked a trip in the highlands but its looking like it possibly might.

Just looking for insight - or a link to another thread maybe?

Good work so far :) awesome that the medical is booked.

It really is down to luck, for example, some people had their medical a week before me, yet I had my interview before them. There is a myth, that if you put an early date for your wedding on the readiness form, they schedule you in quicker. But really there is no evidence of this.

I personally wouldn't plan trips until you know the interview date - if they schedule it while you guys are away, it will be a pain to change and you will be waiting longer. I got my letter for interview 3 weeks after medical. I'd say it varies between 2 and 4 weeks.

In the Visa game, it's really better to play it safe...

Now that the medical is booked, and he has all his docs for interview, you can submit the readiness and DS160. They wont schedule the interview til you've done those things so if you really wanted to do the highlands you could wait until after the trip.

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

Timeline

It really is down to luck, for example, some people had their medical a week before me, yet I had my interview before them. There is a myth, that if you put an early date for your wedding on the readiness form, they schedule you in quicker. But really there is no evidence of this.

I personally wouldn't plan trips until you know the interview date - if they schedule it while you guys are away, it will be a pain to change and you will be waiting longer. I got my letter for interview 3 weeks after medical. I'd say it varies between 2 and 4 weeks.

Now that the medical is booked, and he has all his docs for interview, you can submit the readiness and DS160. They wont schedule the interview til you've done those things so if you really wanted to do the highlands you could wait until after the trip.

Would we be able to wait even if the I-129F expires March 30?

I think we may wait and see what we get for the interview and then go from there. He has obligations at home the whole month of April anyway so POE wouldn't be until the first week of May anyway (hopefully!).

We had scheduled everything before we even got our NOA2!! Assuming the process was going to take 7 - 8 months.

I'm the US Petitioner

I don't think this is a myth. I have been in contact with a few other London Embassy K-1's through PMs and all of us had very similar medical dates we submitted everything for the interview within the the same week.

I put a date for this summer on for when I was planning on getting married and one other put a farther date, while another put a very close date. My medical is 3 weeks later than the one who submitted a close date and the other who put a farther off wedding date got a significantly farther interview date as well.

The kicker is that all of our interviews were scheduled and letters were sent within the same 2 days, so it seems there may be some sort of difference made by putting a different date.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Timeline

Would we be able to wait even if the I-129F expires March 30?

I think we may wait and see what we get for the interview and then go from there. He has obligations at home the whole month of April anyway so POE wouldn't be until the first week of May anyway (hopefully!).

We had scheduled everything before we even got our NOA2!! Assuming the process was going to take 7 - 8 months.

If it expires, I think all you need is a newly dated letters of intents from both of you so it won't be a problem. It's up to you if you are ok with delaying things, going through more processes with sending new letters etc.

I do think you should plan after you know dates. You aren't risking anything then!

ROC Timeline:

Timeline

I don't think this is a myth. I have been in contact with a few other London Embassy K-1's through PMs and all of us had very similar medical dates we submitted everything for the interview within the the same week.

I put a date for this summer on for when I was planning on getting married and one other put a farther date, while another put a very close date. My medical is 3 weeks later than the one who submitted a close date and the other who put a farther off wedding date got a significantly farther interview date as well.

The kicker is that all of our interviews were scheduled and letters were sent within the same 2 days, so it seems there may be some sort of difference made by putting a different date.

Maybe - No one will know for sure. For example, Trudi (in this thread), used 20th Feb as her wedding date, which is the same date I used, yet her interview is for 2nd Feb, and she had her medical before me. Yet mine was scheduled for 25th Jan..... who knows!

ROC Timeline:

I think it really is the luck of the draw, i also think it may be influenced by your petition expiry date but only guessing

As EmmyLou says i had my medical and submitted my DS160 etc before she did but my interview is a week later, however she is a Sept flier and i am an Oct flier so possibly something to do with it?

Tis the workings of the Embassy and none of us will ever know :lol:

Personally i'm just thrilled its all gone through so fast!

On another note, still don't know if the house is actually going to complete, the bottom of the chain are dicking about, completion date has moved from tomorrow to next Thurs

I'm still moving down to my mums tomorrow and just hoping it does go through!

Everything was collected by the removal men this afternoon for delivery to my sister who is most happy to be getting all my stuff - its really weird and kinda sad to be sat in the empty house, just me, the dog, a camp bed and a kettle (and my laptop and phone...) :(

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

I think it really is the luck of the draw, i also think it may be influenced by your petition expiry date but only guessing

As EmmyLou says i had my medical and submitted my DS160 etc before she did but my interview is a week later, however she is a Sept flier and i am an Oct flier so possibly something to do with it?

Tis the workings of the Embassy and none of us will ever know :lol:

Personally i'm just thrilled its all gone through so fast!

On another note, still don't know if the house is actually going to complete, the bottom of the chain are dicking about, completion date has moved from tomorrow to next Thurs

I'm still moving down to my mums tomorrow and just hoping it does go through!

Everything was collected by the removal men this afternoon for delivery to my sister who is most happy to be getting all my stuff - its really weird and kinda sad to be sat in the empty house, just me, the dog, a camp bed and a kettle (and my laptop and phone...) :(

Ah welcome to the nearly there life, we have all been there lol

PS a least you have a kettle so Pot Noodles are a tasty snack.............................

Ah welcome to the nearly there life, we have all been there lol

PS a least you have a kettle so Pot Noodles are a tasty snack.............................

I have a laptop and internet access - hungry house here i come :lol:

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Timeline

Maybe - No one will know for sure. For example, Trudi (in this thread), used 20th Feb as her wedding date, which is the same date I used, yet her interview is for 2nd Feb, and she had her medical before me. Yet mine was scheduled for 25th Jan..... who knows!

Okay thank you all so much for the answers!

Question about wedding date: what does that mean?? We are planning on getting the legal marriage as soon as he is here - so we can get the next parts started. I'm just curious if we could put a wedding date that is earlier than he will be getting to the states. I guess I'm asking if there are any negative implications that can come from putting a wedding date that ends up being before he arrives?

I'm the US Petitioner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.