-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

You are still well within their processing timeframes. If the medical was on September 3rd, then the results would've got to the embassy the following week commencing the 7th. I'd guess that the case status update of the 9th was them receiving the medical results and adding them to the file. That would leave you only 2 weeks into a processing time which they state can be up to 6 weeks long. So, I wouldn't worry yet :)

Also, the NVC can look up whether you have an interview date, so that advisor is incorrect. It does depend on which advisor you get as I've had some who seem to know the process better and were happy to check for me, and others who didn't know anything and said they couldn't help at all which I know isn't true.

While London schedule it for you and will send you a letter, the NVC will have access to the date when it's arranged so you could find out a couple of days before you get the letter.

Thank for the info! I just PM'd you :)

I think it really depends on your luck. I was talking to one advisor who didn't want to say the thing and insisting that they can't view the details and when i called again i talked to a different one and said that nothing been updated (he didn't say he can't tell me or view it).

so not only having luck in getting through the line and queueing but also who speaks to you

Yeah, exactly. I guess they deal with so many visas that they can't know the ins and outs of everything. Also, as it's a visa that the applicant doesn't deal directly with the NVC for I guess that doesn't help.

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

We got our email today as well. Tim is going to pick up his passport and BBE at the depot tomorrow, head to Ireland to spend the weekend with his son and then fly to America on Monday. It is crazy but I am too afraid to book the airline tickets till he calls me and says he has his passport in his hands. You never know with this process.

Edited by Sunya and Tim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got our email today as well. Tim is going to pick up his passport and BBE at the depot tomorrow, head to Ireland to spend the weekend with his son and then fly to America on Monday. It is crazy but I am too afraid to book the airline tickets till he calls me and says he has his passport in his hands. You never know with this process.

Same with me! I'm like: look at the Visa, make sure it's not like a B2 in there. :D

Same with me! I'm like: look at the Visa, make sure it's not like a B2 in there. :D

Absolutely. And check name spelling , A-number, all the numbers. They have made mistakes before and it must be sent back to be reprinted.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

What happens if you never actually receive Packet 4, yet you get an interview date by calling the NVC? Can you show up to the interview without the letter?

Yes. The dudes outside have a list of all appointments for the day. They will still let you in.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yes. The dudes outside have a list of all appointments for the day. They will still let you in.

Great! Thanks, Nich. I'd assume they'd just simply ask for a form of identification and then you're good to go.

Great! Thanks, Nich. I'd assume they'd just simply ask for a form of identification and then you're good to go.

You will have your passport, right? Required.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

My fiance... yes, of course! That's where the visa goes :)

It used to be a guy with a clipboard at the head of the line held the list. Now people describe a table or something similar outside. Tell him to go straight there and say he's there for an immigrant visa appointment and did not get the letter. They will probably send him straight through security. A few have reported that recently. Skip waiting in line with the non-immigrant multitude, only to be told to go to the table/desk.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

It used to be a guy with a clipboard at the head of the line held the list. Now people describe a table or something similar outside. Tell him to go straight there and say he's there for an immigrant visa appointment and did not get the letter. They will probably send him straight through security. A few have reported that recently. Skip waiting in line with the non-immigrant multitude, only to be told to go to the table/desk.

Thanks for the info ;)

When you do your interview/paperwork check the first thing they asked for at docs check was the letter!

I did the interview last week, its on the list of paperwork to bring with you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.