Winny0204

Cancelling Visa Appointment to Reschedule

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All,

Upon going over the checklist once more I realized that we are missing one form...the No Impediment Form (For Jamaica)! Ugh...My fiance will be going to see if this form can be produced asap/express but I have a feeling that we will have to cancel the interview, and reschedule since it is four days from now. With Jamaican embassy, are there additional steps that I need to take other than going on the site and rescheduling?

I planned on waiting for his word until he gets more info about how long it will take, but if it looks like we have to reschedule I will need to. This sucks because I have been so meticulous about this and its required so how could I have missed it!

Provide advice please...those who have been through the Jamaican embassy please advise!

I believe express takes five to seven business days and it costs about $9,000JA. Email the Embassy if your fiancé confirms receipt after the interview. I've had the best responses from the email address below.

KingstonIVAppointmen@state.gov

All the best.

Timeline

Are you saying that he can still do his interview this week without the form and that we should send the email to the embassy that we have received it once he gets it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If it were me, I would still have your fiance go to the interview. My fiance received his non-impediment within the week (5 days) without paying the expedite fee. If he doesn't have the form in time he can get it to the embassy when he does, then if all else is good they can get the visa processed. Best of Luck!!

Timeline

I just emailed them to confirm that he can take his interview without the form in hand. This is a matter of approve it deny, so my real question to you all is if he doesn't have it will he be denied without it. I wonder how lenient the embassy when it comes to required documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He will most likely get a 221g...a temporary refusal until the form is turned in. Once they receive that form and everything else is good, then he will get the visa issued.You can't get approved with missing documents... But at least you will have the interview process done and all the other necessary paperwork in. I believe it is the faster route than rescheduling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Beware that the express will not always be expressed. They have to pull his birth certificate and physically locate the proof that he is not married.

At the embassy, they will issue a 221g at his interview, which is a denial until they receive his document. This document is different than a police report or medical, because it is the only verification that he qualifies for K-1 as it is proof that he is free to marry.

It is hard to give advise on whether to reschedule or not. I would look and see what is available, since you now schedule your own appointments and look what is available within the next two weeks.

1) Keep your appointment and receive a 221g, wait until they receive it, wait until they approve it, wait until they issue visa.

2) Reschedule, you have all of your paperwork, receive approval, wait until they issue visa.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As hard as appointments are to get, I would keep it, and just see what happens. Maybe approval pending, the one form you need.

Try, won't hurt, and a great big, ""Good Luck"".,..,

Happy journey to the USA!

Timeline

For Jamaican couples...can anyone tell me the process of the no impediment form. He will need two references to sign the reference forms in the presence of a notary of public or justice of peace on his behalf...And have the actual application and fee filled out?

Correct? Please confirm!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For Jamaican couples...can anyone tell me the process of the no impediment form. He will need two references to sign the reference forms in the presence of a notary of public or justice of peace on his behalf...And have the actual application and fee filled out?

Correct? Please confirm!

No, this is misinformation. You only need to list the Parishes the beneficiary has lived in since age 16, complete the application, and pay the fee. They will need to take their passport with them for ID.

You can track your certificate here:

http://apps2.rgd.gov.jm/web/Status/lay_selectionPage.cfm

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

He can pay for 3 days expedite service... My sister applied for my non-impediment and all she needed was my birth certificate. You have to chose to reschedule or not.. but once he have all the other documents from the checklist they will only give him time to take it in before issuing the visa.. A missing non-impediment will not result in denial, maybe just temporary until he takes it in.. if he's married and not divorce he can get a denial.. if he is divorce he will need other documents
(not sure what these are.. other members can tell) along with the non-impediment.

AOS From K-1

Date Filed :

2015-06-09

NOA Date : 2015-06-17

Bio. Appt. : 2016-06-06

Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Card Received : 2015-08-21

“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.