raven52

Throughly confused, please help!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have received several responses about whether an ""NVC Welcome Letter"" is needed to get the interview scheduled, and Hank's post really helped, but I am still receiving some saying, yes you must have it, Vol says, none needed only the MNL number.

I have the MNL number from NVC via phone on 1-12-15.

I have the SRC number.

I was told the packet/petition was sent to the embassy on 1-12-15, by NVC.

So, do I or do I not need a letter from NVC, to progress with the petition?

If I need this NVC letter, one poster said you could go on line, and print it, with the MNL number?!?!??

But, did not say what site to go to, to print the NVC letter.

Some say, an NVC letter is a must, some say, only thee MNL number.

Can We PLEASE put this to rest this evening, I beg your help, I am so confused.

I have received several responses about whether an ""NVC Welcome Letter"" is needed to get the interview scheduled, and Hank's post really helped, but I am still receiving some saying, yes you must have it, Vol says, none needed only the MNL number.

I have the SRC number.

If I need this NVC letter, one poster said you could go on line, and print it, with the MNL number?!?!??

No need NVC letter. As long as you have your case number, it should be just fine. The petitioner received the NVC letter and nowhere it says the beneficiary needed it to proceed K-1 visa application. NVC letter just info about the petitioner and beneficiary.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I am the petitioner, no letter from NVC, just the previous information I posted.

Also, does my beneficiary have to wait for the letter from the embassy?

Just do not want to wait more time, as we have until 4-19-15 for POE!!!!

I am the petitioner, no letter from NVC, just the previous information I posted.

Also, does my beneficiary have to wait for the letter from the embassy?

Just do not want to wait more time, as we have until 4-19-15 for POE!!!!

Based on I have learned about beneficiaries from the Philippines, you don't have to wait the letter from the embassy since it will takes forever.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

My letter came last week... be we had since passes medical some weeks ago and interview next week. It's not needed.

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Philippines regional - topic specific to interviewing in Manila ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You do not need the letter from the embassy for anything (K-1 only, not the case for IR-1/CR-1).

All you need is the MNL number. NVC sends you that in a letter, and you can even jump the gun a bit by calling them to get it. If you go the call route, you need patience as it is hard to get through sometimes. Just be forewarned of that.

With the MNL number, you can proceed to Bank of Philiipine Islands to pay your interview fee. They will give you a receipt. DON't LOSE IT as you must produce the original at the interview.

WIth MNL # and BPI receipt # you are good to go to sign up for an interview.

Once you sign up for interview, they will email you an interview confirmation receipt. With that document you can now proceed to register at St Lukes for your medical. You do not need appointment for the medical. Just bring the documents they want, and that receipt is on the list.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have the SRC number.

You need the NVC letter OR the Interview Confirmation page from scheduling your interview (which is what I always state) . SLEC had both posted as required on their website, but I kept emailing them stating they are in conflict with USEM requirements so their website was recently updated.

Rule # 1 - ALWAYS follow the embassy instructions letter.

Rule #2 - Follow the requirements posted on the official websites. (doesn't matter what VOL or Hank post if it is in conflict with the official information) After that you decide what you want to do.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

From our personal, very recent experience, we never received an NVC letter. We never received an embassy letter either. I called NVC for case number and got it over the phone, then paid BPI and the next day we scheduled interview (mid December) and went the St Luk process late December and the interview mid-January, never having any letter with us whatsoever. Embassy never asked for any letter or brought it up either. They only needed the Interview confirmation printout. Same with St Luke.

Timeline

From our personal, very recent experience, we never received an NVC letter. We never received an embassy letter either. I called NVC for case number and got it over the phone, then paid BPI and the next day we scheduled interview (mid December) and went the St Luk process late December and the interview mid-January, never having any letter with us whatsoever. Embassy never asked for any letter or brought it up either. They only needed the Interview confirmation printout. Same with St Luke.

In the absence of the USEM appointment letter, SLEC will want to see the NVC letter or email with MNL. We did our first medical prior to making a USEM interview appointment, so we ofcourse didn't have the interview appointment letter. That was back in April though when there weren't very many USEM appointments available. This time for our second medical we provided our interview appointment letter.

So, one or the other should work.

Timeline

St. Luke's doesn't want "the letter" from USEM, they want a copy of the interview confirmation letter/email/webpage printout, OR the NVC letter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Im just making the point that we never received any letter not had to present any letter to anyone.

Yup, and my point is... PhilPost doesn't DELIVER. :lol: Rarely does anyone get a letter from USEM... as in it never arrives.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.