louis_2511

Get confused about my interview result on Jan,20,2015

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i just got an interview for greencard this morning ( same sex marriage ) . Everything went very well. But At the end, the interviewer said that everything sounds good and gave me the paper and he ticked in the paper in the section : "your case is being held for file review in order to prepare a decision. you will be advised by mail as a to a decision on your aplication. no aditional information is necessary from you at this time, however, if upon further review, additional information or evidence is required, you will receive a notice in the mail. please respond to any requests in a timely manner,. failure to do so will result in denial of your application. "

Then I asked if i got approved for green card. HE sadi " yes, the green card will be mailed to your house in 2 weeks, if you dont get the green card in 2 weeks, then bring this paper to customer service in here ( Federal plaza ). The things is he didnt keep my Work Employment card and my passport at all . He just kept the insurance, the beneficiary and the joint bank and he asked my husband picked one picture that he likes most in the album . That's it. It took like 5 minutes.Here is my detail information

My first notice for the interview was at Long Island CIty Office on Jan,20,2015 at 9:15 but before that a week, they mailed us a mail then told us they change the location from Queens to Federal Plaza due to the floody in Queens

We were at the Federal Plaza at 9 and be at the room at 9:10 . We thought it was gonna take a long time for waiting but we just waited 5 minutes then the interviewer called my name

He asked us to give him our passport then he asked me only one question about the YEs No question that : have you ever been arrested ?. I was so worried then i was like No...Not yet ..And the interviewer was like : it means you will...then i explained to him that i was so nervous and ENglish is not my first language ..of course i dont wanna get arrested then he was laughing.

Then he asked me to what my address is

then he asked my husband How long have we been together ?. what is my mom name?. what is my dad name?.

WHen was the last time i arrived to USA?. what kinda visa did i use to come to USA?.

WE answered clearly all the questions

Then he asked us to show him some proof then i showed him our lease ( we live together )joint banking , insurance, beneficiary .

Then he asked us to show him the photos : Then i showed him our album and told him when did we take this pic, when did we take that pic..bla bla bla...

Finally, he asked my husband to pick one pic from the album that he likes the most and keep the insurance and the beneficiary . and gave me that paper that i mentioned above.

I dont know if he said the greencard will be mailed to your house in 2 weeks is true or not. Im still worried. Because as i see, if people get approved, they will keep their passport or Employment Card..He didnt keep any of them . Anybody here has the same situation like me?. Are the passport and Employment card supposed to be kept in order to get approved for the green card or it depends??

Your passport is not kept by USCIS when you get approved for a green card. They will some times collect your EAD and some times they will not. More than likely he approved you on his end but needs to get a supervisor to review the application and give it a final approval.

Well he recommended your application for approval, but it is clearly it is not up to him to approve your file. His higher supervisor needs to see your case, that's why. Be patient and keep your faith up. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.