OmarHdez

K1 Visa After NOA2

19 posts in this topic

Hi, can someone explain me how should I proceed after the embassy received my case. I have been waiting since october 20 for the interview date and nothing yet. Today I read that I can schedule my interview at http://ustraveldocs.com, I'm almost done with the process, the only thing that I need to do is pay the fee and then schedule the date for the interview. So, I would like to know if thats correct, if I'm really scheduling mi interview or if should I wait for the embassy to send me the papers. .2) after paying the $265 fee, do I have to pay any other fee the day of the interview. 3)The petitioner have to be present the day of the interview

4) Any other information that I should know?

Omar Hernandez

Dominican Republic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Caribbean Regional Forum~

~Instructions/requirements are often embassy/consulate-specific at this stage of the process~

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Some countries do let you schedule your interview. So the Embassy or Consulate gets the paperwork from NVC and they get everything together and send to you (Pkt 3). Meanwhile you fill out DS-160. Then you send back what they need from Pkt received plus the print out of Ds-160 completion. They will then let you know about interview. You can check the ceac.state.gov website also.

Hi, can someone explain me how should I proceed after the embassy received my case. I have been waiting since october 20 for the interview date and nothing yet. Today I read that I can schedule my interview at http://ustraveldocs.com, I'm almost done with the process, the only thing that I need to do is pay the fee and then schedule the date for the interview. So, I would like to know if thats correct, if I'm really scheduling mi interview or if should I wait for the embassy to send me the papers. .2) after paying the $265 fee, do I have to pay any other fee the day of the interview. 3)The petitioner have to be present the day of the interview

4) Any other information that I should know?

Omar Hernandez

Dominican Republic

Omar ... first step is do the ds160, create online profile and print visa fee payment slip and take to banco popular and pay the money....after 24 to 48 hrs depending the time the payment was made you will be able to go back onto the dashboard on your profile and schedule your consulate appt first and then vac appt (two separate calendars) once that is complete you print out appt confirmation page and go get medical.

Good Luck...

All of the above steps I have completed and finally have my appts.

Edited by ladominiricana

I'm in the same boat! Some people seem to say keep waiting, that they'll send you the paper. Others say go ahead and do the DS-160. Sigh.

Don't keep waiting love ... you have to do ds160, create a profile, print payment fee slip, pay fee, wait up to 48 hrs for receipt to be activated in order to schedule BOTH appts, once you schedule, print out appt confirmations and go get medical done. I have done all these steps and my interview was scheduled by myself.

Good luck

Edited by ladominiricana

About petitioner be present at the interview is good that petitioner be present at the interview , if you are latin it is better be present, you know dominican republic is a high fraud country.

In my case i was alone at the interview, and i know another person who went alone, but in both cases fiances were pure american no latin.

You know that they suspicious that latin make a lot of fraud to help people to go usa.

Don't keep waiting love ... you have to do ds160, create a profile, print payment fee slip, pay fee, wait up to 48 hrs for receipt to be activated in order to schedule BOTH appts, once you schedule, print out appt confirmations and go get medical done. I have done all these steps and my interview was scheduled by myself.

Good luck

I am happy I found your response, I have been looking all over for questions about the medical! What happens if you schedule an appointment for the medical and the results aren't ready for the interview? Typically, how long does it take to get the results? Thank you for helping me if you can :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

I am happy I found your response, I have been looking all over for questions about the medical! What happens if you schedule an appointment for the medical and the results aren't ready for the interview? Typically, how long does it take to get the results? Thank you for helping me if you can :)

Give about 10 business days max.... ours will be done in business days... he went Thursday 1/8 and he got the slip to pick up 1/20

Give about 10 business days max.... ours will be done in business days... he went Thursday 1/8 and he got the slip to pick up 1/20

SORRY I meant 8 business days!!!

SORRY I meant 8 business days!!!

It's ok I knew what you meant haha! Thank you so much again, I really needed this information. Now I am ready to move forward :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

It's ok I knew what you meant haha! Thank you so much again, I really needed this information. Now I am ready to move forward :)

Glad I could help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck

Great information, I didn't want to wait for appointment letter. I figure I get it started as well. So now that I complete my DS160, I will get the print out and have my fiance pay in banco popular. Right??

Great information, I didn't want to wait for appointment letter. I figure I get it started as well. So now that I complete my DS160, I will get the print out and have my fiance pay in banco popular. Right??

You dont pay with the ds-160 confirmation page.

You pay with the confirmation page of ultraveldocs.com

Now you need create a profil on ultraveldocs.com then print the cobfirmation page and go to banco popular and come back to ultraveldocs.com to finish the process and get appoiment do it for vca and consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.