loba2000

Qatar Airways

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have flown on Qatar airways before but not after immigration, it was a regular trip. I loved Qatar airlines and had a great experience with them. I don't think it makes a difference which airline you fly with to get to the United States after immigration.

You don't need a visa to wait in the Qatar airport. A visa is only needed if you plan to exit the airport.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have flown on Qatar airways before but not after immigration, it was a regular trip. I loved Qatar airlines and had a great experience with them. I don't think it makes a difference which airline you fly with to get to the United States after immigration.

You don't need a visa to wait in the Qatar airport. A visa is only needed if you plan to exit the airport.

No matter how long the wait is..you still don't need a visa of Qatar unless you wish to exit the airport?

Is it true if a wait is of 12 hours then you need a visa?

and Thanks for the reply

Edited by loba2000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Highly recommended. I flew them myself. They have new planes and great service. You are fine as long as you stay in transit area. The airport is brand new and have lots of comfly lounge chairs.

Edited by Sylvi_Ali

:luv:

I am not a fan of QAtar airways. I flew qatar dxb-doha-manila before. The seats are not comfy. We were stuck inside the bus for 30mins or more before we were able to board the plane. And i was pregnant that time. Their bus / shuttle did not have seats :( the waiting lounge is a little better than naia

But you dont need visa if you are not going to exit the airport.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thankyou so much Everyone for replying

Highly recommended. I flew them myself. They have new planes and great service. You are fine as long as you stay in transit area. The airport is brand new and have lots of comfly lounge chairs.

Is their a restricted transit area type of thing or you can roam at the airport to purchase from shops inside the airport? I am sorry this will be my first time travelling internationally , so I am really nervous.

BTW have anyone of you guys have visited the Virgin Megastore in Hammad International Airport (Qatar Airport) ? Can people who are waiting for the next flight visit that store because I am planning to buy some music albums from their?

Edited by loba2000

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes you can browse the airport as long as you do not exit. Lots of shops there. I did not visit music store, I don't remember seeing it. Sorry.

I am not a fan of QAtar airways. I flew qatar dxb-doha-manila before. The seats are not comfy. We were stuck inside the bus for 30mins or more before we were able to board the plane. And i was pregnant that time. Their bus / shuttle did not have seats :( the waiting lounge is a little better than naia

But you dont need visa if you are not going to exit the airport.

The new airport opened in June 2014, so experience is different now.

:luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You DO NOT need a visa if your flight to the US involves a transit and stop at Qatar.

NOA2: 4/13/2014

NVC Received Case: 4/28/2014

NVC Assigned Case no and IIN: 5/21/2014

DS261 available and submitted: 5/31/2014

AOS fees available and paid: 6/2/2014

AOS package sent out:6/3/2014

AOS fee shows paid: 6/4/2014

Resubmitted DS261 because it showed incomplete: 6/5/2014

AOS Package scanned at NVC: 6/9/2014 :protest:

IV fees paid: 7/10/14 :ranting:

DS260 Submitted: 7/12/14 :ranting:

IV Packaged Scanned by NVC: 7/15/2014 :ranting:

CC:9/7/2014 :dancing:

Interview:10/29/2014 :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

POE:11/09/2014 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Yes you can browse the airport as long as you do not exit. Lots of shops there. I did not visit music store, I don't remember seeing it. Sorry.

The new airport opened in June 2014, so experience is different now.

Thanks for the info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.