VictoriaDL

Admission of Past Drug Use - St. Lukes Medical Center Manila

10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I just wish to share this with all of you especially to those applicants who are about to undergo their medical at St. Lukes Clinic in Manila.

My husband is under F4 (Brother of a U.S. Citizen) and me (spouse) and our 2 children are derivatives.

We are set to be interviewed 3rd week of this month.

We are currently based in Singapore and went home to accomplish this requirement.

We had our medical this week. All went well except that my husband has admitted in good faith that he has tried marijuana and shabu about 17 years ago during his younger years. I have been able to read all the threads about admission of past drug use (and I am now fully aware of the negative consequences). Somehow just praying that things will turn around during the interview. Miracle does happen sometimes:)

My husband is all clear except of him being unaware of the complications of his admission.

He has finished his physc evaluation yesterday. I know that the chance of getting our visa approved is very slim now after waiting for more than 24 years before his priority date becomes current. I know consul will take each case differently.

I'm all done thinking about the possibilities and just focus on trusting God's will - whether US is for us or not.

We have a great life in Singapore and this is just an added bonus if we can secure an immigrant visa.

If anyone can share a positive story about approval of visa despite admission of past drug use - would be highly appreciated.

For the benefits of those who are in the same situation as mine - I will continue to update this thread with the result after our interview.

All the best to all immigrant visa aspirants!

Timeline

Hi Jawaree,

My husband is the principal applicant and we are only the additional derivative beneficiaries. If his visa is denied - so we are. Tough.

We can only pray that the consul will reconsider or the most give us a 1 year ban.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the last use was 17 YEARS ago then no worries.

What you need to prove is that the sibling relationship still exist. Bring photos of your family together with the petitioner and letters/cards/emails/any correspondence between the petitioner and your husband. Also, remember the date that your husband last saw his sibling because the consul will ask when is the last time they physically saw each other.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from "Bringing Family Members of PRs to America" forum to the "Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America" forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I hope its as easy as that which is contrary to the threads and stories I've read. Thanks for the encouragement. My brother-in-law who petitioned my hubby is currently in the Philippines for a 3weeks vacay. They will meet after his stay in Boracay and hopefully he can be with us during the interview. We can only pray that the consul will give decision in our favor since he would know that were currently living and working in Singapore and aint possible to do drugs here.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

I am finally back with a very GREAT NEWS and UPDATE!

It took a while to complete all our documents as my NBI Clearance has a remark of 'No Criminal Record'.

Embassy has received the explanation letter from NBI last Friday 09Apr2015 - and after checking our status in CEAC today - visas are already ISSUED!!!

Just waiting for the delivery of our passports!

Only shows and proves that admission of past drug use is not an automatic ground for visa denial!

Cheers to all aspirants!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.