Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

what i need to do?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I been here in america over a month from an IR-1 visa.... I got my SSN already... and have paid in USCIS/ELIS last December 17, 2014... my status is update last December 23, 2014 into CARD PRODUCE but until now I don't receive my card yet... How it usually take to be delivered in the given address? Where should I inquire my status? After this what should I need to do or form to fill out so I can start looking for work? Your advised is really appreciated... Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

December 23 is a tough date, right around the holidays when a lot of workers take vacation days. Give it about 30 days and then start making noise about your card.

You may start looking for work now, you are work authorized with your Cr-1 visa

good luck

August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2

February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete

May 4, 2009

May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011


April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony


September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I stated here that I come to america with an IR- 1 visa ...now I start looking for work but every time I got an interview they keep looking for my work pirmet ....how to get and where can I apply for work pirmet? Until now I am still waiting for my green card ..reply is greatly appreciated

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you entered the US with your IR-1, you received permanent resident status. The stamp in your passport along with your visa is your temporary proof of that while waiting for your actual green card. Permanent residents do not need to apply for work permits. You are already legally allowed to work.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to IR-1/CR-1 Process - topic is spousal visa process, not AOS ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.