41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have a question for you. I am going through this timeline ( http://www.visajourn...tion=1&sortby=2). At the beginning of the website is says "Last 15 Approved I-129F K1 Filers at the Texas Service Center" and if you look at the time they waited to get their 2NOA - it's about 5-6 months. But then if you go at the very bottom of the website (and let's take December, 2014), you can see that the same wait is MUCH shorter (not even a month) that for above mentioned couples. Could anyone explain why that is? And how it works? I just curious, because all of us would like to go trough shorter time, I guess.

Thank you for your answers!

Gabija

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

They did their timeline wrong. For instance the 2nd one lives in California but put TSC as the service center, which is incorrect. I'm guessing all those quick approvals were CSC (and/or the beneficiary was from the Philippines).

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

I am sorry, I am new to this topic and we just sent our I-129F form recently. Why is it better to send your application to CSC than others? And why does it matter that beneficiary is from the Philippines?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There are 2 service centers that process the i-129f. All petitions are sent to the dallas lockbox and then uscis decides which service center the petition will go to for processing depending on the state the petitioner lives. Currently CSC is processing very quickly while TSC is very slow. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done to influence what service center your petition goes to. It's strictly up to uscis.

Currently petitions where the beneficiary is from Philippines are being expedited due to the typhoon that hit there last year. Those people are approved in a few weeks while the rest of us just wait even longer as a result. Again, there isn't anything we can do about this.

You'll learn to dig deeper into people profiles when you see quick approvals to see that they are almost always either Philippines or people at CSC who filled out their timeline wrong and put TSC accidentally. For non-Filipinos at TSC, expect a 6 month wait for noa2.

Timeline

thanks for the answer! its much clearer now :) although, its still interesting the wait time varies so much (and not all of them are from Philippines)... less than a month and 6 months or more. It's not that I am angry ot anything, I just want to understand how it works!

thank you guys!

There are 2 service centers that process the i-129f. All petitions are sent to the dallas lockbox and then uscis decides which service center the petition will go to for processing depending on the state the petitioner lives. Currently CSC is processing very quickly while TSC is very slow. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done to influence what service center your petition goes to. It's strictly up to uscis.

Currently petitions where the beneficiary is from Philippines are being expedited due to the typhoon that hit there last year. Those people are approved in a few weeks while the rest of us just wait even longer as a result. Again, there isn't anything we can do about this.

You'll learn to dig deeper into people profiles when you see quick approvals to see that they are almost always either Philippines or people at CSC who filled out their timeline wrong and put TSC accidentally. For non-Filipinos at TSC, expect a 6 month wait for noa2.

Two service centers for I129F's? Then why is mine sitting in Nebraska service center and the only answer they been giving me is that they are behind in Nebraska?

They wont even take a out of normal processing inquiry even though the website says 5 months!

Timeline

Two service centers for I129F's? Then why is mine sitting in Nebraska service center and the only answer they been giving me is that they are behind in Nebraska?

They wont even take a out of normal processing inquiry even though the website says 5 months!

Two service centers for K-1 visa applications. That's what she meant.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's ok to be angry! A lot of us are, myself included sometimes! Lol

From what I've deducted, west coast up through the Rockies and Midwest states are CSC. Texas and east along the Gulf of Mexico, up through New England are TSC states. I'm sure that's not exact, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a good way to guess whether someone is actually at CSC and did their profile and timeline wrong. Each time (and it happens tons) someone puts TSC when they are actually CSC it skews the data on Igor's list, so that sucks...

Join or start a TSC only thread for your filing month. The regular thread for your filing month will be so overrun with CSC and Philippines people who will be months and months ahead of you. If seeing that doesn't make you angry, then you're a better person than me!

You've filed for a k-3 which is a different type of visa than we are filing for, k-1, so it is went to a different service center.

Two service centers for K-1 visa applications. That's what she meant.

And your response answers my question...how?

You just basically said the same thing the poster said that there are two service centers for K1 I129f's...or am i missing something?

It's ok to be angry! A lot of us are, myself included sometimes! Lol

From what I've deducted, west coast up through the Rockies and Midwest states are CSC. Texas and east along the Gulf of Mexico, up through New England are TSC states. I'm sure that's not exact, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a good way to guess whether someone is actually at CSC and did their profile and timeline wrong. Each time (and it happens tons) someone puts TSC when they are actually CSC it skews the data on Igor's list, so that sucks...

Join or start a TSC only thread for your filing month. The regular thread for your filing month will be so overrun with CSC and Philippines people who will be months and months ahead of you. If seeing that doesn't make you angry, then you're a better person than me!

You've filed for a k-3 which is a different type of visa than we are filing for, k-1, so it is went to a different service center.

I filled a I130 and a I129f...rolling the dice to see which one would come in faster as also there was no fee to file the I129f after you receive the NOA1 from the I130.

Yeah, I am sorry I am kinda of angry them damn people did nothing the whole month of December. I work for the governement myself and they just perputuate that common conception that government workers are slow and lazy.

It makes no sense to me that leg of the government affect so many lives and knows they do and dont do a damn thing about it to fix the damn broken process and system!

Okay rant over....Calling USCIS again....Im gonna keep calling till they get tired of me and approve my application!

Edited by tonyb919

Timeline

And your response answers my question...how?

You just basically said the same thing the poster said that there are two service centers for K1 I129f's...or am i missing something?

You realize you're posing a k-3 question on a k-1 forum right? Yes, I did say what she said. I was clarifying her first response. Yours is sitting in Nebraska because I assume that's the center that processes K-3 visa applications. Seems pretty straight forward. I didn't realize you were actually asking a question, I assumed it was rhetorical.

Timeline

I am not angry ... yet! maybe it's because I don't know that much about the process yet or maybe its because I just got noa1 and I am not waiting too much yet. But again seeing some people getting their noa2 in less than a month and others waiting for six makes me upset a little bit.

So if my fiance lives in North Carolina, then is that tsc or scs? lol

Timeline

I am not angry ... yet! maybe it's because I don't know that much about the process yet or maybe its because I just got noa1 and I am not waiting too much yet. But again seeing some people getting their noa2 in less than a month and others waiting for six makes me upset a little bit.

So if my fiance lives in North Carolina, then is that tsc or scs? lol

North Carolina is TSC. And there is no scs. I think you mean CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.