1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks leilabird, I did not use an attorney. I don't have any source of income to pay for. I do not work. I am staying in a older couple who gave me safe haven and provide my food and shelter and some of my personal needs. I'm ony following in this forum and with the helped and adviced of Sandranj and north archer. Hopefully I will receive my EAD soon so I can able to apply for a job.

3333 North Meridian- Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic.you can find a lawyer at no cost. They work on immigration, divorce and tax

2011 North Meridian- The Julian Center is the DV shelter for women and children. Only 30 day shelter with a great social services. But they will let you stay till you will be able to afford your own housing.They will refer you to the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic.They have a transitional housing too.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lonelady the officer gave you wrong information.USCIS expedite cases, we have one girl here that get the EAD after 4 days that we asked to expedite form I765, another one took 10 days, and several others took 15/20 days.

They will not expedite all cases just because the alien asked, it exists a criteria to expedite, read bellow the USCIS criteria to expedite the cases

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

hopeholder, when the case is with the local office the immigration officer touches the cases to set up interview, but sometimes the case is missing documents or the medical document expired etc, then they return the file to the NBC to issue an RFE.The local office does not issue RFE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Sandra, that's why I doubt when the officer was giving me a wrong information. I told her that I read lots of forum from online threads from applicants got approved and had their EAD expidited. Officer did not say anything but she just waiting for my next question. She seemed like not in a good mood. I even wasn't able to explain my timeline and she told me what is my question. She just keep saying to wait 2 months for i360 and i485 and to wait 90 days for EAD.and the rest of my questions she just answered "yes or No".

Sandra, I had 3 companions with me yesterday for my infopass appointment. They are the ones who gave me a ride going to Indianapolis. We travelled 3 hours to get there. While I had my conversatik. With one of the officer, they noticed that the other officer and the securities have been watching them. Does it affect my application?

Timeline

Lonely lady It will not affect your case at all ok.

I am surprised they let them to enter,in New Jersey and NYC just the alien can enter in the building. It seems the officer didn't make any effort to help you, contact your congress person if your case is pending over 6months

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I had my GC interview today, this is after my case was sent to a wrong state, my filing to have it sent back to my state, doing 2 infopasses, and finally getting my interview date for today.

The interview itself was pretty fast, the officer asked me to hold my hand up, and tell the truth. He wanted me to sign a paper saying it was okay to continue with interview because my lawyer was absent. (i signed!)He asked for my passport, ead and DL. He asked me the yes or no questions on the i485 form. He asked if i wanted to them to send my GC to my lawyers address or mine, I chose mine of course! Advised me to changed my status with dmv, ss etc. And that was it. Told me it was approved, to expect the card in 2-4 weeks and if I had any questions...

I didn't need my childrens birth certificate etc, eventhough I had a folder with everything i submitted.

So thankful for all the support from you guys, Thank you Sandra for taking time to answer my questions..

For those still waiting, It is well!!!!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations In abundance mamaof3!!! All the best to you In your New life as an official Resident of the US!!!! Yayyyyyyyy.....hope to share the same sentiments pretty soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.