ForgottenNotes

How to plan timing

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK guys so a couple things here that I want your insight on if you would be so kind.

My case apparently arrived at NVC but they didn't have the case number for me yet. I will call tomorrow or maybe next week to see if I can get that. Now I had already planned a trip to Philippines March for my fiance birthday, no matter where we would be at in this entire process. With recent approvals it is possible now for me to attend her interview and even be with her for her medical exam. It doesn't matter for her if I am there or not BUT...

1. If she ends up being able to take her medical lets say middle January and hopefully passes. As I understand this process the clock for the 90days to get married starts at that time, is this correct?

2. For those of you who attended your fiance's interview. Did it help you feel? Did they interview you also (the petitioner)?

For Me I personally would like her to fly back with me March 18th when I leave Philippines. If we have the interview say March 2nd (I arrive the 1st) what is the possibility she would have her visa in 17days from where I leave? I know the golden rule don't buy tickets until visa in hand but I gotta think by the time she has visa in hand there may not even be any seats left on my flight....

Edited by ForgottenNotes

10/25: Mailed my I-129F using USPS Express to Texas Lockbox

10/27: NOA 1 notification from USCIS

10/30: NOA 1 Hard copy received in the mail

12/15: NOA 2 Email/Text (49 Days)

12/17: USCIS Sent case to NVC

12/29: NVC Received Case

12/30: MNL# Assigned

1/6: USEM Received Case "Ready"

1/29: Interview :dancing: (APPROVED)

Basing on the other experiences.. It would be preferred that you will be there. It will help your fiance.

And yes there is a possibility that your fiance maybe done by march. There is also a possibility she wont be.

But if the odds are in your favor, maybe your fiance will be able to travel with you :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK guys so a couple things here that I want your insight on if you would be so kind.

My case apparently arrived at NVC but they didn't have the case number for me yet. I will call tomorrow or maybe next week to see if I can get that. Now I had already planned a trip to Philippines March for my fiance birthday, no matter where we would be at in this entire process. With recent approvals it is possible now for me to attend her interview and even be with her for her medical exam. It doesn't matter for her if I am there or not BUT...

1. If she ends up being able to take her medical lets say middle January and hopefully passes. As I understand this process the clock for the 90days to get married starts at that time, is this correct?

2. For those of you who attended your fiance's interview. Did it help you feel? Did they interview you also (the petitioner)?

For Me I personally would like her to fly back with me March 18th when I leave Philippines. If we have the interview say March 2nd (I arrive the 1st) what is the possibility she would have her visa in 17days from where I leave? I know the golden rule don't buy tickets until visa in hand but I gotta think by the time she has visa in hand there may not even be any seats left on my flight....

Whoa! You have a little bad info going there. The 90 clock to get married does NOT start until your fiancee clears POE. What is tied to the date of the medial is the 6 month clock for the visa validity.

Attending the interview does help, and is for sure a great experience, I highly recommend attending if possible.

No one can say when your fiancee will get her visa after the interview. Embassy states 7-10 days for delivery after ISSUANCE, and that is NOT the interview. Picking up the visa at 2GO at MOA can save two days.

For details on the complete K-1 process follow the flashing arrow below.... you will be done in short order.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

wow..so you called up NVC already, got your case there but not assigned MCN yet. Ill start calling Monday then.

With your questions:

1. 90 days clock start from the day your fiancée enters the US.

2. Read some stories, beneficiaries with their fiancé on the interview. Some are just put to listen while the interview goes on, while some were asked some simple basic questions. the focused of the interview is on your fiancée. Yes, it will help boost the confidence of your fiancée with your presence:)

3. Visa on hand varies from case to case. some waits for days, some weeks. depending on your case. as long as your papers are complete at the consular, no 221g issued, you will be alright. in less than 2weeks time it can be issued. Goodluck!:)

K1 TIMELINE:

Packet Sent: October 23, 2014

Packet Received: October 24, 2014

NOA1: October 27, 2014

ARN Changed: October 31, 2014

NOA1 hardcopy received: November 06, 2014

RFE Issued: November 24, 2014

RFE Hardcopy received: November 27, 2014

RFE Reply Sent: December 02, 2014

RFE Received: December 05, 2014

NOA2: December 11, 2014

Sent to NVC: Dec 15, 2014

NVC Received: December 23, 2014

Case Number Assigned: December 26, 2014

NVC Left: December 30, 2014

Consulate Received (Ready): January 05, 2015

Interview Date : February 02, 2015- Approved!

Visa On-Hand : February 14, 2015

POE: April 06, 2015 (Dallas)

SSN Issued: April 20, 2015

Wedding: June 09, 2015

SSN Name Changed: June 20, 2015

AOS TIMELINE:

AOS Sent: June 29, 2015

USCIS Received: July 01, 2015

NOA1 Electronic Mail: July 08, 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy&Biometric Appointment: July 17, 2015

Biometric Schedule : July 29, 2015 (Lubbock, Tx)

EA​D/AP Approval: September 03, 2015

EAD/AP Ca​rd received: September 11, 2015

AOS Approved:Novemner 09, 2015

Green Card On-Hand: November 14, 2015

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png

Timeline

Congrats on your approval and hopefully your MNL will be assigned quickly.

In your first paragraph you mention attending medical with her, with your timeline arriving March 1st and idea of flying together on the 18th. Also you have an idea of her doing medical the middle of January. I would just offer to you that there are a few things at medical that can delay medical clearance. One of the more common delays is the 8 week sputum test for TB if there are any TB flags raised during the medical exam, including the detailed lung x-ray. Hopefully you'll have no delays. But if you are set on returning together mid-March then getting through the medical before March is something to consider. If medical and CFO were done before March and you went to the interview with her early March there's no guarantee the visa would be ready mid-March. If it were me I would have her get it all done by herself before March and then ideally you have the opportunity to at least fly out of the Philippines together with your goal of mid-March. So many variables though, anything could happen.

Edited by luckytwo15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forgot to mention about the medical, he wouldn't be allowed to accompany his fiancee at SLEC, he can go there with her, then can go across the street to a cafe or such and wait while she does the medical

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Luckytwo15,

That is what I am leaning towards. She should be ok with her medical, no TB history, and she is a strong person who can handle the interview herself. Our case is straight forward, never been married no kids etc. So hopefully we can schedule medical here soon followed by the interview. I don't know what the spots look like for January but we will see.

Timeline

Forgot to mention about the medical, he wouldn't be allowed to accompany his fiancee at SLEC, he can go there with her, then can go across the street to a cafe or such and wait while she does the medical

Agreed Hank, SLEC allows partner to accompany partner during DOT tablet taking daily, but not regular exam.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Instead of opening a new thread I will post my second question here.

My fiance will have her medical on the Jan 15th. Is it OK to then schedule the interview March 2nd, day after I arrive in Manila?

I have read that interviews should be scheduled around 10days after the medical results (granted they pass) Is there a particular reason for this?

Any issues that I will run into?

Edited by ForgottenNotes

ForgottenNotes, on 30 Dec 2014 - 4:55 PM, said:

Instead of opening a new thread I will post my second question here.

My fiance will have her medical on the Jan 15th. Is it OK to then schedule the interview March 2nd, day after I arrive in Manila?

I have read that interviews should be scheduled around 10days after the medical results (granted they pass) Is there a particular reason for this?

Any issues that I will run into?

7 - 10 days is ideal for the results to reach USEM but under the new rules SLEC will give the medical packet to your fiancé. This will start the first week of January 2015. Go ahead an schedule your interview when the March dates open up.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Ah I see, yeah i just saw the new rules today actually.

Sweet we will go ahead and do that, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.