jc1

Updated Embassy Instructions Letter???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
While researching various things, I stumbled upon what appears to be an updated set of embassy instructions letters. I usually get the English K1 instructions here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html. However that page is still showing an English K1 letter last updated February 2014, while the one I found is last updated December 2014. So I'm a little confused.

What I found is this at the bottom of this page: http://manila.usembassy.gov/iv_documents.html.

If it is indeed a new K1 letter, not much has changed. Mostly some links and fees that I think we already knew about. The biggest change I found is the third paragraph on page 6, which states that the medical results are now released directly to the applicant (see also this thread about that). It's also notable that they deleted the text that says it's important to have your medical done at least a week before the interview.

The differences for the K1 letter at the bottom of this post (only pages that have changes). Deleted text is highlighted in red, inserted text in cyan, and replaced text in magenta. Sorry so small.

I'm still uncertain about this. Apologies if I'm wrong...I just stumbled upon them when doing a search.

Differences:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup it for sure looks like it, they haven't updated other pages as they still link to the old letter, maybe waiting until 5 January, see if the other pages change Monday.

But it is noted in the new instructions letter that the medical file will released to the K-1. Very interesting.

Here is the USEM link to the old letter. http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html This should change over on Monday.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

New embassy instructions letter for the K-1 states SLEC will hand the medical file to the applicant. She will be walking out of SLEC with the medical file

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

On page 6 of the new instructions letter.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/29DEC2014/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2029%20DEC%202014_.pdf

SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to the applicants unless instructed otherwise by the Panel
Physician. Applicants are required to bring the sealed medical report to their scheduled interview at the U.S.
Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to
return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.
It is important that you have your medical examination report with you when you come to the Embassy for your
visa interview. Otherwise, your visa application will be refused or you may be asked to return for another
appointment.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On page 6 of the new instructions letter.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/29DEC2014/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2029%20DEC%202014_.pdf

SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to the applicants unless instructed otherwise by the Panel

Physician. Applicants are required to bring the sealed medical report to their scheduled interview at the U.S.

Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to

return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.

It is important that you have your medical examination report with you when you come to the Embassy for your

visa interview. Otherwise, your visa application will be refused or you may be asked to return for another

appointment.

Is that a the same for CR1 visa hank?

Timeline

My fiancee went her second day today January 5 on K1 to St Lukes and did indeed receive the sealed envelope with the results to bring to the USEM, so St Lukes is indeed handing those out to K1 applicants starting today, January 5.

Timeline

Is that a the same for CR1 visa hank?

Yes there is a new immigrant instructions also.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/29DEC2014/IV%20Applicants_%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_Updated%2029%20DEC%202014_.pdf

What happens after I have my medical examination?

• SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to you unless instructed otherwise by the Panel Physician. The chest x-ray film and immunization form will also be given at the releasing section.
  • You are required to bring the sealed medical report to your scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.
  • The medical examination usually takes two to three working days to process, but can extend up to a few months if there are required tests that need to be completed.
Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We were in SLEC today for final medical clearance. It has been a long process for us as we have been in the DOT program since April.

Needless to say I am very proud of her success as she is now complete to what they call a re-medical.

We were NOT given the sealed medical report from SLEC Releasing today. We did receive the Vaccination form and the CD. I questioned them as to why we were not being given our envelope. SLEC said to us that since we were DOT we are considered a different classification, which I believe to be Class A. Perhaps others who recently did not receive their sealed envelope were a Class that requires SLEC to be the delivery service for their sealed medical envelope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.