Rmarciam

Do we need attorney

22 posts in this topic

Look at Rapidvisa, is website that is very good and cheap. They help you 24-7 with anything you need...the price is like $350.00 dollars..from start to finish

I will not use Rapid visa. They are doing everything you can do on your own. they can not speed the process up for you. They can not sign forms for you ( I guess they could fill out a form for you, but the forms are not that hard to fill out) They can not gather the evidence( I guess they could organize it for you) They can not guarantee no RFE. (there are people who uses lawyers and still get RFE)

So basically you are paying an extra 350.00 dollars to rapid visa, for them to maybe fill some forms out and put everything together in a neat package.

If for some reason a person has a complicated case and does need a lawyer .I think it would be a good ideal to get some legal advice and shop around for different lawyers and fees.

I doubt if rapid visa is only going to charge only 350.00 dollars for a complicated case and if they do they, probably do not have the legal expertise, some one would need in that situation

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Coach217, i will check this website might be exactly what we need. thank you .

Yes , Jawaree, we are collecting all information we need first to start fill all the documents. thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Dear Rmarciam,

I don't think you need to pay that much maybe you can try www.kvisas.com they have very good team with reasonable price to adjust your status. Consultant is free u might able to email them to seek for advise first. Thanks and good day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A lot of people are quick to say you don't need a lawyer. I'm not sure. I treated bringing my fiancé over like any other important decision I have made in life, such as buying a business or house. Each time I used a lawyer i had success. This is not to say I couldn't have done those transactions without the use of a lawyer - maybe I could have, but I just didn't want to risk it. I see many, many people on VJ make minor errors and then the whole process bogs down and there are significant delays (check the timelines and you will see delays of months and in bad cases years). In my case, I believe we had a fast turn around (3 months ) from time of filing until time of interview because our paperwork was complete and accurate. It was because of the assistance we received from the lawyer. I know I would have made a few mistakes without the assistance. He also gave us advice about getting advance parol and a temporary green card, which was very helpful. We did pay a premium for the professional assistance, but I felt it was worth it. I wanted my fiancé with me ASAP and if it cost a few thousand dollars to help me accomplish it, it was worth it. Having said that, $10k seems like an awful lot. I strongly suggest you check around and get references. I do agree with some of the VJers who say that some of the services and a few of the attorneys will not provide you any real assistance, and could actually make your situation worse if there isn't enough attention to your specific details.

That said, I do find many, many people on this site have a lot of knowledge and routinely give good advice. It is just that I suspect I am aclittle more risk adverse (and probably not as bright) as others here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Follow the guides on this site, save your 10K, and ask questions, here, these experts will help you, please do not make a "leach" (attorney) any fatter.,.hahaha, use your money on your family.

I see few problems except for complex forms to fill out, which the guides for are here!

Look at Rapidvisa, is website that is very good and cheap. They help you 24-7 with anything you need...the price is like $350.00 dollars..from start to finish

You asked for advise and your rip me up.....I want you to pay the $10.000.00

A lot of people are quick to say you don't need a lawyer. I'm not sure. I treated bringing my fiancé over like any other important decision I have made in life, such as buying a business or house. Each time I used a lawyer i had success. This is not to say I couldn't have done those transactions without the use of a lawyer - maybe I could have, but I just didn't want to risk it. I see many, many people on VJ make minor errors and then the whole process bogs down and there are significant delays (check the timelines and you will see delays of months and in bad cases years). In my case, I believe we had a fast turn around (3 months ) from time of filing until time of interview because our paperwork was complete and accurate. It was because of the assistance we received from the lawyer. I know I would have made a few mistakes without the assistance. He also gave us advice about getting advance parol and a temporary green card, which was very helpful. We did pay a premium for the professional assistance, but I felt it was worth it. I wanted my fiancé with me ASAP and if it cost a few thousand dollars to help me accomplish it, it was worth it. Having said that, $10k seems like an awful lot. I strongly suggest you check around and get references. I do agree with some of the VJers who say that some of the services and a few of the attorneys will not provide you any real assistance, and could actually make your situation worse if there isn't enough attention to your specific details.

That said, I do find many, many people on this site have a lot of knowledge and routinely give good advice. It is just that I suspect I am aclittle more risk adverse (and probably not as bright) as others here.

yes There are some who prefer to use a lawyer, and that is their preference. There are also a on VJ people that has gotten RFE using a lawyer just like those that did not. Sometimes a RFE is issue for the simplest things. I got an RFE for an NSO marriage license. If I would of use a lawyer. I believed I will of still got the RFE because the local marriage license had been accepted till recently. After sending RFE in I was approved a couple of weeks later. So in my case I did not feel wasting a couple of weeks will have justify me paying money for a lawyer. However if a person is more comfortable in using a lawyer then they should, but I believed 10,000 dollars is way too much. they should look around. As far as all the immigration visa website, for the most part I think they are just scams and will do nothing more for you then you could do yourself, that is why they do not charge that much.

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.