Tim/Mav

APPROVED! 1 More Trillion in Dept

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

ok you are correct the one trillion dollar spending bill will not add a trillion dollar in debt .However it will increase the debt you can not add a spending bill and expect the debt not to go up without cutting wasteful spending and or increase taxes

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

If I were to summarize Government spending it would be this:

1.Run deficits during extreme situations such as: major recessions and wars (I mean the congressionally declared wars - Not Iraq 1, 2 or 3)

2. After said event, attempt to minimize deficits within a timeframe of less than 20 years (depending on level of calamity).

3. Do not run a deficit during peace or positive economies unless you are still in recovery from previous calamity.

4. Allow inflation and GDP growth to erode value of government debt.

Yup. Keynesian economics 101. And in the spirit of that, you do not cut government spending when in a deep recession like the Tea Party freaks and really largely the Republicans wanted to do as it will do only one thing - make matters worse. The recent recovery was weak for several reasons - reduced government spending and employment being some of the top reasons.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yup. Keynesian economics 101. And in the spirit of that, you do not cut government spending when in a deep recession like the Tea Party freaks

Here is a good article about the person whose twisted ideology that tea party freaks, really love to blindly worship. She essentially turn selfishness into a virtue. http://www.salon.com/2014/12/15/one_nation_under_galt_how_ayn_rands_toxic_philosophy_permanently_transformed_america_partner/

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yup. Keynesian economics 101. And in the spirit of that, you do not cut government spending when in a deep recession like the Tea Party freaks and really largely the Republicans wanted to do as it will do only one thing - make matters worse. The recent recovery was weak for several reasons - reduced government spending and employment being some of the top reasons.

Newflash. We're not in a deep recession. We're not even in a mild recession. We're not in a recession at all. All that money you're so fond of spending has to be paid back with interest. Pretty selfish of you and your ilk to be kicking that can down the road, but not really surprising.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

we are not in a recession.

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

where was the reduce government spending if that is the case why did they ask for another trillion dollars to spend .

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Newflash. We're not in a deep recession. We're not even in a mild recession. We're not in a recession at all. All that money you're so fond of spending has to be paid back with interest. Pretty selfish of you and your ilk to be kicking that can down the road, but not really surprising.

The children of today must suffer, so tomorrow's children maybe, might, perhaps not have to suffer. Yup, you're truly a disciple of Ayn Rand.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

The children of today must suffer, so tomorrow's children maybe, might, perhaps not have to suffer. Yup, you're truly a disciple of Ayn Rand.

:rofl: Who is suffering? And if someone is suffering, why is it the govt's responsibility? That's the problem with you and people like you, it's always someone elses responsibility. Always someone esles fault. No personal responsibility whatsoever.

Newsflash genius, no one is "suffering." If you want to see suffering, go look at some 3rd world countries and get back to me.

we are not in a recession.

No, we're not in a deep recession. Thank you both for playing Captain Obvious here. But the calls to cut government spending started when we actually were in the deepest recession since the Great Depression. Federal spending has come down since 2009. It is, in fact, lower in FY 2014 than it was in FY 2009, 2011 and 2012. That's in real terms not even adjusted for inflation and not measured against the vastly larger economy today then we had back then. So, by every measure, federal government spending has gone down over the past several years as the economy recovered.

What we missed was an opportunity to strengthen America's crumbling infrastructure when money was cheap. That would have been a jump-start to the economy in the short term and a huge benefit to the economy in the long run. But we don't do big things in this country anymore. We continue to live off of the huge investment that the post war generation of Americans made. They still cared enough about America to invest in her. Today's generations don't give a first damn and wear her out instead. Screw a strong foundation for a national economy just as long as current taxes stay low. This is what will do America in, not the debt.

where was the reduce government spending if that is the case why did they ask for another trillion dollars to spend .

The federal government burns through roughly 3 trillion dollars a year. Some of that spending is on auto pilot, some of that requires annual Congressional approval. There was no new spending passed by Congress last week. What was passed was the funding for already existing programs. If these existing programs aren't funded, the parts of the government that run them must shut down. Of course, that shut down will only be short term, the staff and other running expenses will still need to be paid - and they'd be paid for doing nothing. That's all that would have been accomplished by not passing the bill. Just as last time around. It'll all cost more not less in the end. Once you get that into your head, you'll be able to think and talk about this more rationally.

Timeline

The federal government burns through roughly 3 trillion dollars a year. Some of that spending is on auto pilot, some of that requires annual Congressional approval. There was no new spending passed by Congress last week. What was passed was the funding for already existing programs. If these existing programs aren't funded, the parts of the government that run them must shut down. Of course, that shut down will only be short term, the staff and other running expenses will still need to be paid - and they'd be paid for doing nothing. That's all that would have been accomplished by not passing the bill. Just as last time around. It'll all cost more not less in the end. Once you get that into your head, you'll be able to think and talk about this more rationally.

3 trillion a year, yet it carries a debt of over 17 trillion. Something is very very wrong with that picture.

3 trillion a year, yet it carries a debt of over 17 trillion. Something is very very wrong with that picture.

It's not like we have nothing to show for that debt. An infrastructure that supports a $17+ trillion economy for starters. And if there's really something oh so wrong with that picture, why would people "work, sell, panhandle, lie, cheat, steal, and even kill to obtain the government’s dollars."? They shouldn't be worth a damned thing if something was very very wrong with that picture.

We are spending it on the new playground and housing for illegal border crossers to have somewhere to live in Texas. I wonder if they got family here already if they can just drive right off of the compound. I will call Obama and find out.

Timeline

It's not like we have nothing to show for that debt. An infrastructure that supports a $17+ trillion economy for starters. And if there's really something oh so wrong with that picture, why would people "work, sell, panhandle, lie, cheat, steal, and even kill to obtain the government’s dollars."? They shouldn't be worth a damned thing if something was very very wrong with that picture.

:rofl:

What a lame article. Got any more commie propaganda? If you can't see that carrying a debt that is more than 100% of the ENTIRE economic output of the country is a terrible thing, than there's no helping you.

:rofl:

What a lame article. Got any more commie propaganda? If you can't see that carrying a debt that is more than 100% of the ENTIRE economic output of the country is a terrible thing, than there's no helping you.

If you won't acknowledge that the US Dollar remains the most desired currency in the world, then I don't know what to tell you since you won't accept even the most simple facts of life. How can it be the most desired currency in the world if we're supposedly in some severe fiscal crisis? The answer is that it couldn't. But since it obviously is, I would submit that the fiscal crisis you obsess about is less severe than you would like to believe. Not only that but the way you want to cure it would put this country into an economic tailspin making matters much, much worse. At the very least in the short and mid term.