Elizabeth+Fred

K1 issued; waiting time for Philadelphia PoE ?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello all,

So, our K1 was approved and issued, and now it's time to actually fly in. Yay!

I am flying in through Philadelpha PA, and I noticed that often, we have a long

queue at Immigrations, which makes the connecting flight to Indiana (2 hours

layover) "just barely doable".

Someone at the Consulate suggested that, since I have my "big envelope", I

should just show that to the first security guard I see, tell them about the short-ish

layover, and they "should" (I think: maybe would) direct me to the Citizens and LPR

lines, which will be (much) shorter. This kinda makes sense, as they usually take

you into Secondary anyway.

Does anyone have experiences to share ?

Thanks!

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Progress to Working & Traveling During US Immigration Forum~

~Inquiry about POE processing~

(organizer hat off)

It is worth a try. It likely depends on several factors, such as, but not limited to, the number of international arrivals awaiting processing, and the individual CBP officer. Report back about your experience.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

First of all, congrats on the visa.

Now, what if you don't find anyone sympathetic enough to your situation to put you in the faster line? That's a risk I would not be willing to take. In fact, I would do everything possible to make my entry into the US as stress-free as possible, which means leaving plenty of time to get through immigration and customs, re-check luggage, get breakfast, and find the gate for the next flight. Keep in mind that the holiday season is busier at airports too.

Why not just choose a later flight to Indiana? I'd imagine there are several that go there each day from Philadelphia.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I agree with sma1488, leave yourself plenty of time! I know I am not going to do any layovers but I do know that when I go to the states I will land in the middle of International Arrival Rush Hour at Dulles International Airport. I know that no matter if I would get sent through the line US citizens do, getting through Immigrations, get my bag and go through customs takes a while.

I went through Philly last june. Took me 45 minutes on a B1/B2. The US line was not a whole lot shorter and I got there just before 2 more flights got offloaded. If you got to go to the other side of the airport (Us-air express), you'll be cutting it extremely close. I would strongly advise a later flight or different route.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.