MC&C

Military expedition

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey guys, I recently called USCIS military help line to expedite our case due to my husband's PCS. Got a mail requesting for supporting documents. Any input of what documents should I send in ? I have a copy of my husband's order(he got the order 3 months prior to our wedding, and is now PCS oversea) , would the order still be good? And what else should I send in? Thanks.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

When I had our case expedited through our consulate in Frankfurt, I only had to provide them with the military orders. I also went ahead and provided them financial information on how it would cause a hardship being separated. I would call the military helpline again and ask what exact documents they need for an expedite.

*edit* I found this blog post that has some helpful information regarding a military expedite http://immigrationroad.com/blog/tips-on-expediting-uscis-processing-for-military-personnel/

Edited by UH60Chief

Military orders should be fine. If you want to be super diligent, you can add a letter from his CO explaining his pending PCS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Military Discussion forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, I recently called USCIS military help line to expedite our case due to my husband's PCS. Got a mail requesting for supporting documents. Any input of what documents should I send in ? I have a copy of my husband's order(he got the order 3 months prior to our wedding, and is now PCS oversea) , would the order still be good? And what else should I send in? Thanks.

I was injured overseas and I am part of the Wounded Warrior Project. I submitted all my surgeries and appointments, then with in 3 day my paper work was approved. So what i am saying the more the better. If he has any thing else besides orders will be good also, such as his MOS and request that he is ordered to go overseas.

OUR JOURNEY

15th Day of September 2014 - Robert Brown excepted our case to help us

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

03rd Day of November 2014 - USCIS Received i129f packet

12th Day of November 2014 - Katie emailed me with the hard copy of the NOA 1

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

16th Day of December 2014 - Received hard copy of NOA 2

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

18th Day of April 2015 - Kids and Fiance had Medical in Saint Luke's

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

23rd Day of July 2015 - Our Son received his USA Passport and CRBA Certificate

9th Day of August 2015 - Flights to America!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you so much guys. This is helpful information. I wonder if I could submit the documents while I am in the field office to get my fingerprints done? Cause the documents are required to be submitted to the same field office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

fingerprints usually done at an ASC office - is rare that is also the local office for USCIS adjudications. Unsure about it - what have you learned about your ASC address and USCIS local office address?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 months later...

Any updates on your paperwork? I am about to process mine and request for an expedited process. Would love some feedback! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey friends, I'm in a very tough situation right now and really need help. I'm deploying in May of 2015 from Guam and my fiancée's K-1 visa is in the last stages of completion all she has left is interview and physical. She is also pregnant and due July. So I need to know if there was any way to have the US embassy in Manila where she is located at now hold my case until I get back from deployment and or extend the validation of the visa card itself when she receives it?. Because with my deployment time frame, we will need more time until I come back in November to bring her here in Guam to marry and file a lot of other paper work like her Military benefits stuff and other immigration paper work also. Thank you hope I get the help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.