Honey&Bunny

NVC is giving me a real hard time :-(

9 posts in this topic

Hello VJ friends, it has been a while since I visited last. I am still trying to summit the affidavit of support with no luck what so ever! The first one I summited was back on early August. Quickly after that, I realized it was filed wrong, and sent the right forms right away( via certified mail of course ). Three months later, I get a check list because my joint sponsor missed one little section on my husband's form. Now, I get a checklist because they said that they never received my step-daughter's form! I called them and told them that I have proof that it was received and signed by them. I asked to speak with a supervisor, the girl told me to hold, three seconds later, she told me that there were none available. She told me to send an email explaining the situation, which I already did, but apparently, inquiries are not sent to NVC inquiry anymore. It also will take 42 days for a supervisor to review it. Now, you if have an inquiry, you have to send an email to asknvc.state.gov. I am so ready to scream! My cases have been at NVC since early March. Can anyone help me? What can I do? Should I send the affidavit of support again or wait until I get an answer? EVERYTIME they send a check list, I get depressed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the NVC forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Wow! I can't believe that no one else has an opinion on this.... Am I the only person that this ever happened to?

My case hasn't been received at NVC yet, and I am petitioning for only my husband, so I can't really relate to what is happening to your case but I wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this. :(

I have heard some horror stories about NVC, but for your case to have been there since March seems really extreme. I wish I could help. *hugs*

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was also asked to write a letter to the NVC. I sent it to the NVCelectronic address, and got a receipt a month later - saying that they will need "at least 60 days" to review it. That was 9 days ago.

I am not sure about the process at NVC, does anyone know whether the "60 day" clock gets reset every time an applicant or petitioner contacts them? It sure seems that way.

Good luck, Honey&Bunny.

Hello VJ friends, it has been a while since I visited last. I am still trying to summit the affidavit of support with no luck what so ever! The first one I summited was back on early August. Quickly after that, I realized it was filed wrong, and sent the right forms right away( via certified mail of course ). Three months later, I get a check list because my joint sponsor missed one little section on my husband's form. Now, I get a checklist because they said that they never received my step-daughter's form! I called them and told them that I have proof that it was received and signed by them. I asked to speak with a supervisor, the girl told me to hold, three seconds later, she told me that there were none available. She told me to send an email explaining the situation, which I already did, but apparently, inquiries are not sent to NVC inquiry anymore. It also will take 42 days for a supervisor to review it. Now, you if have an inquiry, you have to send an email to asknvc.state.gov. I am so ready to scream! My cases have been at NVC since early March. Can anyone help me? What can I do? Should I send the affidavit of support again or wait until I get an answer? EVERYTIME they send a check list, I get depressed.

My case hasn't been received at NVC yet, and I am petitioning for only my husband, so I can't really relate to what is happening to your case but I wanted to say I am so sorry you are going through this. :(

I have heard some horror stories about NVC, but for your case to have been there since March seems really extreme. I wish I could help. *hugs*

Thank you for your thoughts.. The worst part is the fact that I have proof that my packages have been received and signed by them because of the tracking numbers given to me by the post office, but they don't care.. Their answer is; we have not received any packages! It is sooooo frustrating! Now I understand why some people go to places on a killing rampage, lol.

I was also asked to write a letter to the NVC. I sent it to the NVCelectronic address, and got a receipt a month later - saying that they will need "at least 60 days" to review it. That was 9 days ago.

I am not sure about the process at NVC, does anyone know whether the "60 day" clock gets reset every time an applicant or petitioner contacts them? It sure seems that way.

Good luck, Honey&Bunny.

Thank you for your wishes... I think that the 60 days clock starts from the day that they received your documents. Good luck to you too. I hope that whomever us handling your case is not a moron like mine.

I think you should get an expert to do the affidavit for you1

I already did! I paid $400 to get the forms filed by an immigration office. The first ones were mess up because in Part 3, I checked #2 on my husband's and on my daughter's forms. I thought that since they are immigrating at the same time, I was supposed to put his name on hers, and her name on his. I became aware of this 3 days after I sent them, and I called NVC right away to let them know. The person on the phone told me to file them again, and send them with the following written on the outside "NEW AND CORRECTED AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FOR CASE NUMBERS ##########" They were both in separate envelopes with each case # written on the outside, but in the same big mailing envelope from the post office. God! This is really one of the most stressful things that I've ever done in my life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.