Regan L

I have a question.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife entered the US on a cr1 visa,here is the back story: after marrying in the philippines I got my wife pregnant, I stayed in the philippines with her for the first month or so of her pregnancy before leaving and coming back to the states to start the cr1/I-130 paperwork, I resumed working and began saving money for her to come to the US once her visa was approved as well as to save for our baby. We skyped and facebooked everyday and i sent her a monthly allowance for her to go to her check up appointments and to get her ultrasounds as well as for her vitamins and for enough money for her to eat healthy. After almost a year of the cr1/I-130 process(by this time our daughter had been born) my wife was called in to go to her cr1 interview, after attending the interview she was approved for her cr1 visa, she then attended our daughters consular report of birth abroad apointment and was able to get our daughters CRBA declaring our daughters US citizenship because I am a US citizen, and our daughters US passport. After everything was approved i flew over to the philippines and picked my wife and daughter up and brought them to the US(happiest day ever!) Now almost 2 years after my wife entered the US on her cr1 it is almost time to file our I-751 and we have lots and lots of evidence of joint lifes,assets, and a loving family relationship since we have been together in the US. Do we need to include evidence of this first year before my wife and daughter arrived in the US, because we really dont have anything but western union money transfers I sent to her father for her monthly allowance(because he was the one driving to get the money because she didnt have a license and she was living with her mom and dad) and facebook messages. Will the lots of evidence we already have since she entered the US be enough?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

ROC covers the period since she became an LPR.

So the time she entered the US? Because I got the letter in the mail saying that the 90 window was coming up and that we should file soon, in this letter it said the I-751 packet should have evidence spanning the entire marriage. If I was going to include those things from the first year of our marriage how would I include them? Would I include a letter apart from the cover letter explaining that this particular part of our packet includes the first year of our marriage, I guess then I would have to explain why we only had western union money transfers and facebook messages for the time she was in the philippines. That seems like alot of hassel if the evidence weve gathered since my wife has been here in the US would be enough.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes, the package should include evidence from the entirety of your marriage. However, don't stress too much about including things from before she arrived in the US, just be selective and include some representative information from that time. Your daughter's birth certificate/CRBA, for example, is heavy evidence from before she came here. Maybe some of the Western Union bank transfers from before. But focus more on the joint assets and co-mingling of finances from the most recent 2 years.

Good luck!

Edited by seth2013

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.