Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

We’re December filers (day 299 of waiting today). USCIS told us that our case was in background checks at the beginning of September and our senator came back to us a week ago saying that it was with an adjusting officer (finally!) I still don’t know what that means in terms of how much longer we have to wait though…rom the look of this forum we still have a while. It’s very frustrating L

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Gosh i agree with u,we were told our notice was returned to them,cos they couldnt deliver it to our address.i just believe its incompetence on their part.we have no clue wht the notice is,till it gets to us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello,

We’re December filers (day 299 of waiting today). USCIS told us that our case was in background checks at the beginning of September and our senator came back to us a week ago saying that it was with an adjusting officer (finally!) I still don’t know what that means in terms of how much longer we have to wait though…rom the look of this forum we still have a while. It’s very frustrating L

I had a similar experience and about a month later, I got NO2, so it may not be a long time before you hear something. you can try to call USCIS as well and ask to talk to a tier 2 supervisor, they may be able to tell you if someone is currently working on your case. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Hopefully you hear something very soon :)

Gosh i agree with u,we were told our notice was returned to them,cos they couldnt deliver it to our address.i just believe its incompetence on their part.we have no clue wht the notice is,till it gets to us.

I believe that was an RFE (Request For Evidence) and they will not tell you until you have the actual notice in hand. It may be something simple,like mine was. Good luck :) and I hope this notice find its way to you soon.

Timeline

Thanks for your response. This gives me hope :) I'm praying that we hear something soon

I had a similar experience and about a month later, I got NO2, so it may not be a long time before you hear something. you can try to call USCIS as well and ask to talk to a tier 2 supervisor, they may be able to tell you if someone is currently working on your case. I'm sorry this is happening to you, Hopefully you hear something very soon :)

I believe that was an RFE (Request For Evidence) and they will not tell you until you have the actual notice in hand. It may be something simple,like mine was. Good luck :) and I hope this notice find its way to you soon.

Timeline

Ooh wow,i thought we had it all done well,now i think when i look back,we didnt include a letter of intent.thanks alot "waiting for a reason"can u help me though with an example of the letter?im the beneficiary,do i need to write one or the petioner

Hello,

Your situtaion sounds pretty similar to ours - we were October 2014 filers and got out NOA2 after 306 days, also with the whole background checks, with-adjudicator thing beforehand. I am crossing my fingers for you, I know just how hard it is to wait this long for a single step to finish. Good luck!

Timeline

Ooh wow,i thought we had it all done well,now i think when i look back,we didnt include a letter of intent.thanks alot "waiting for a reason"can u help me though with an example of the letter?im the beneficiary,do i need to write one or the petioner

Hello :)

You can find all the examples here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

I you go to the "example forms" tab here on VJ you will find examples for everything you will need for the process. Both you and your fiance have to write one, sign and date.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Timeline

My fiance was a former k1 beneficiary wit his ex wife before getting divorced,will that have a negative effect on the process now,and when it gets to the embassy/interview stage .we well over 300 days in this process.

Timeline

My fiance was a former k1 beneficiary wit his ex wife before getting divorced,will that have a negative effect on the process now,and when it gets to the embassy/interview stage .we well over 300 days in this process.

I honestly have no idea. You can always ask the question as a separate topic to get some feedback from other members :)

Timeline

Thanks for replying! This gives me hope. I'm praying that we hear back from them this week with an approval. It's been with the adjudicating officer for at least a week now.

Good luck with your interview and your move!

Your situtaion sounds pretty similar to ours - we were October 2014 filers and got out NOA2 after 306 days, also with the whole background checks, with-adjudicator thing beforehand. I am crossing my fingers for you, I know just how hard it is to wait this long for a single step to finish. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey hrussell23, Have you received your NOA2 or an RFE from USCIS yet?

We've been waiting since December 11 :(

No, nothing. We filed Nov 13 and nothing. We had been put into background checks, but were told the results of that are now back (as of Sept 10th) and we are back at USCIS for processing. So frustrating I can't even explain! It's good to know others are in the same boat. We have tried everything... USCIS inquiries, calling them, congressman's office, INFOPASS appointment and now the Ombudsman. We are waiting to hear back from them.

I hope everyone else still waiting is doing ok :)

Thanks for replying! This gives me hope. I'm praying that we hear back from them this week with an approval. It's been with the adjudicating officer for at least a week now.

Good luck with your interview and your move!

thank you!

it has got to move eventually... *crossing fingers*

Timeline

Oh wow! That's just ridiculous.

We haven't tried the INFOPASS or Ombudsman, I wonder if we should :/

No, nothing. We filed Nov 13 and nothing. We had been put into background checks, but were told the results of that are now back (as of Sept 10th) and we are back at USCIS for processing. So frustrating I can't even explain! It's good to know others are in the same boat. We have tried everything... USCIS inquiries, calling them, congressman's office, INFOPASS appointment and now the Ombudsman. We are waiting to hear back from them.

I hope everyone else still waiting is doing ok :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.