Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Congrats, there is still hope for those of us that are still waiting. Quick question, while you were waiting did you ever put in for a service inquiry??

Thanks. And yes I did two. I don't think it helps to be honest. I could put in another one but I gave up. The only thing I think that helped out was one of my senator. Heve done a lot and keep me posted every 10 days or so. I booked August 6th for my info pass just incase because the guy told me my approval should be update in a few days. I also wrote to the president myself. I really hope for your approval to come very soon. 258 days at TSC sounds unreal but we made it.

Congrats, there is still hope for those of us that are still waiting. Quick question, while you were waiting did you ever put in for a service inquiry??

No service inquiry through USCIS but I didnt contact my Congressman last week. Last night I thought maybe that had an effect but after seeing the immifairy report this morning all the Jan. approvals from last night were on the same date as mine so I think that had little to do with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

No service inquiry through USCIS but I didnt contact my Congressman last week. Last night I thought maybe that had an effect but after seeing the immifairy report this morning all the Jan. approvals from last night were on the same date as mine so I think that had little to do with it.

One thing to keep in mind is that with my Senators office, they say they give TSC 30 days to respond to inquiry. I decided Senator over Congressman only because I think the influence is greater coming from the Senators office. Once I was close to 30 days, I called them up and they promptly followed up with the TSC. As Bingopopeye2011 pointed out, they were good at keeping me posted, and a week after I followed up with them, I received my approval. I still have my inquiry open with them, but now expect that the response I will receive is that my case has been approved. Bottom line is that the impact of reaching out to your Senator's office is not immediate. Almost suggest that reach out to them at latest 30 days when you would have expected your case to be approved (perhaps using the VJ timeline) and then 30 days after you engage your Senator's office, would be around the same time you should be able to reasonably expect to receive a response or maybe a decision. Just my 2 cents.

04/01/2013 - Met online

07/13/2013 - Met in person in Paris, traveled together throughout Europe for 3 weeks - France, Brussels, Italy

10/13/2013 - Celebrated my Anna's birthday together in Prague

01/26/2014 - Met her family for the first time, then traveled together to Zermatt, Switzerland

05/26/2014 - Proposed to her during my visit over Memorial Day Weekend

07/14/2014 - Traveled with me on a business trip to Dublin, Ireland

08/26/2014 - Spent 2 weeks together in Riga, Latvia

11/18/2014 - Filed I-129F and received NOA1 from the USCIS

12/31/2014 - Spent the New Year in St. Petersburg, Russia

02/14/2015 - Spent Valentine's Day together in Zell Am See, Austria

05/26/2015 - Visited her over the Memorial Day Weekend

07/03/2015 - Surprise visit over the 4th of July weekend

07/28/2015 - Received e-mail and text notification that I-129F has been approved

12/28/2015 - Visa Interview in Warsaw, Poland

05/21/2016 - Arrived in the US

06/12/2016 - Got married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

OCT, NOV and DEC seem to all be hanging out here. SEPs are suffering in silence right now and taking a break from VJ, from the looks of it. Last I looked someone was still waiting, which on top of being horrible for them also freaks me out :-(

I dont have access to the immifairy data, so I could be wrong (I think that would just depress me even further), but from the looks of it they seem to have mostly moved on to January and beyond. And here I feel like poking them with a glow stick and yell "We are still here too" in their ears. NOV 10 as of May 31, yeah right, thats just wrong more than one way.

That is all very unfair. All I would like to know if Why? Why the backlog? Why taking so long to get to the cases?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

thanks, that makes feel much better. I made my piece with the whole process and trying to be patient. I am still waiting for the RFE in the mail. What was your RFE about if you don't mind me asking? I really don't know what mine could be about

Our form DS-160 was not completed, wanted more pics of me, and more evidence of proof of marriage. This time, I think I went over and above proving we intend to genuinely get married.. but you never know!! =/ It was simple to correct, but would have preferred we had gotten straight out Approval. In my opinion, it was nothing that should have held up Approval. Our background checks had already been complete... but after such a long initial wait, it was kind of good just to hear that someone was actually working the case. I hope to hear back soon, and will advise on exactly how long this takes to get cleared.

Thanks,

I never thought I'll be able to post this but we just got our approval. Email came at 8:38pm central time. I am still in tears

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! :joy::joy::idea::goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

still nothing for us...Infopass appt on Thursday....here's to hoping i can actually get some info (usable info...not "oh, its being processed...if you don't hear anything in 2 weeks call us" because that's just getting infuriating)

event.png

still nothing for us...Infopass appt on Thursday....here's to hoping i can actually get some info (usable info...not "oh, its being processed...if you don't hear anything in 2 weeks call us" because that's just getting infuriating)

Keep us posted. Pray for your approval before the info pass appt.

Just wonder when should I start to call the NVC once USCIS send my case to NVC?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Keep us posted. Pray for your approval before the info pass appt.

Just wonder when should I start to call the NVC once USCIS send my case to NVC?

As soon as your case status updates to "Sent to department of State", give it 2 weeks and then start calling NVC.

I129f petition filed November 19th 2014
NOA1 email notification November 24th 2014
NOA1 hard copy received November 27th 2014
NOA2 e notification May 21st 2015

Sent to NVC: June 4th 2015

Case number assigned: June 6th 2015

Case sent to Islamabad embassy: June 15th 2015

Packet 3.5 received via email: June 23rd 2015

Packet 3.5 sent: August 5th 2015

Packet 4 received: August 25th 2015

Medical: August 28 2015

Medical report received: September 3rd 2015

Interview: September 17th 2015 APPROVED!!!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing: :joy:

Visa Issued (CEAC Status): 18th September 2015
Visa in hand: 29th September 2015 (L)

Flights booked: 30th September 2015 (3 stop overs, 30 hours total flight time including lay over :shocked: )

POE: AUH 13th November 2015

Got married: 18th November 2015 (L)

Applied for SSN: 24th November 2015

Received SSN: 30th November 2015

Sent AOS package: 08th February 2016

NOA1 (electronic) received (I-765): 16th February 2016

NOA1 (electronic) received (I-485): 16th February 2016

Biometrics: 11th March 2016

EAD I-765 Approved: 12th April 2016

EAD received: 16th April 2016

Aos Interview (Pittsburgh): 26th May 2016 (Approved)

Conditional Permanent Resident card received: 3rd June 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

OMG! Petition got approved - after 252 days since NOA1. I'm sooo happy.

The RFE review took only about 10 days :joy:

Congratulations to you!

I sent back my RFE a couple of days ago, I wish mine is as fast as yours :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

04/01/2013 - Met online

07/13/2013 - Met in person in Paris, traveled together throughout Europe for 3 weeks - France, Brussels, Italy

10/13/2013 - Celebrated my Anna's birthday together in Prague

01/26/2014 - Met her family for the first time, then traveled together to Zermatt, Switzerland

05/26/2014 - Proposed to her during my visit over Memorial Day Weekend

07/14/2014 - Traveled with me on a business trip to Dublin, Ireland

08/26/2014 - Spent 2 weeks together in Riga, Latvia

11/18/2014 - Filed I-129F and received NOA1 from the USCIS

12/31/2014 - Spent the New Year in St. Petersburg, Russia

02/14/2015 - Spent Valentine's Day together in Zell Am See, Austria

05/26/2015 - Visited her over the Memorial Day Weekend

07/03/2015 - Surprise visit over the 4th of July weekend

07/28/2015 - Received e-mail and text notification that I-129F has been approved

12/28/2015 - Visa Interview in Warsaw, Poland

05/21/2016 - Arrived in the US

06/12/2016 - Got married!!!

Congrats !!!! It's about time for all of us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.