Sweetgirl

Did anyone include the Police Certificate with N-400???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have a question if did anyone included the Police Certificate with the N-400 Application?

I always used to include the Police Certificates with the applications ., but forgot to do it this time..is that ok???

Besides,ive got a speeding ticket,but still didnt include the Police Certificate because i forgot.

Will my speeding ticket cause the delay in processing of N-400?

I was sober ,just was driving 10-19 miles over the speed limit. :unsure:

I appreciate your concern.

Best wishes. (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Speeding ticket should not be a problem sweetgirl since it was not a crimial offense. And you do not need to send anything after your app. I would have the information ready at the interview thou. Better to have toomuch information, then not enough.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only reason you would put traffic violations down is if they involved drugs and alcohol. If not, then you don't need to worry about it...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Hi Guys,

I have a question if did anyone included the Police Certificate with the N-400 Application?

I always used to include the Police Certificates with the applications ., but forgot to do it this time..is that ok???

Besides,ive got a speeding ticket,but still didnt include the Police Certificate because i forgot.

Will my speeding ticket cause the delay in processing of N-400?

I was sober ,just was driving 10-19 miles over the speed limit. :unsure:

I appreciate your concern.

Best wishes. (F)

You need to include speeding tickets, you will have the opportunity of amending your application at the interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The N-400 I send it specifically said only minor traffic violations that involved drugs and or alcohol. I did not put any of my speeding tickets down. During my interview he was going over my N-400 and just asked about any major violations, I mentioned just some speeding tickets and he asked if they involved drugs or alcohol and I said no, he moved on to something else. So unless it was a serious speeding infraction then no you do not need to put misdemenors on there as a regular speeding ticket...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Timeline

Ahhh let me change this now. I just looked at the N-400 and I had submitted mine in Oct of 2006, they have revised the N-400 now on Nov 1st/2006. The new N-400 does state you now must put down everything, however if you can get your hands on the old form (the USCIS) mentiones they will still accept that. In that form you are told not to put down any minor traffic violations.

So you may want to search the internet to see if you can find the N-400 form prior to Nov 1st of 2006. I guess I just lucked out and got my form from the USCIS just before they changed it.

Hope that now clears it up. So the answer to your question depends on the form you use (and both are acceptable at this point)...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Ahhh let me change this now. I just looked at the N-400 and I had submitted mine in Oct of 2006, they have revised the N-400 now on Nov 1st/2006. The new N-400 does state you now must put down everything, however if you can get your hands on the old form (the USCIS) mentiones they will still accept that. In that form you are told not to put down any minor traffic violations.

So you may want to search the internet to see if you can find the N-400 form prior to Nov 1st of 2006. I guess I just lucked out and got my form from the USCIS just before they changed it.

Hope that now clears it up. So the answer to your question depends on the form you use (and both are acceptable at this point)...

HiWarlord,

But the New Naturalization Guide States that we dont have to include Speeding tickets unless that was the traffic violation under alcohol or drug?

Mine Speeding ticket was issued while i was in a sober condition.

So,if i bring the speeding ticket to the interview evrything is gonna be fine probably?

I am beginning to getting worrried now. :blink:

Timeline

HiWarlord,

But the New Naturalization Guide States that we dont have to include Speeding tickets unless that was the traffic violation under alcohol or drug?

So,if i bring the speeding ticket to the interview evrything is gonna be fine probably?

Well it depends on what your version of the N-400 states. Just follow that and if you're unsure, then get a copy of the ticket and bring it in just to be safe. Like I said, my version didn't require me to bring anything or even report a speeding ticket at all, so not sure what you need for your form as I haven't really read the details closely of that section, I just glanced at it and noticed it was different...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
HiWarlord,

You are absolutely right!! The Naturalization guide clearly states that "Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and

incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than

$500 and/or points on your driver’s license" . I called the information line and they also said the same thing. So you should be all set, you should take the Naturalization Guide with you to the interview just in case this comes up, but this is an official USCIS document and they are clearly telling you not to worry about these small traffic fines.

HiWarlord,

You are absolutely right!! The Naturalization guide clearly states that "Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and

incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than

$500 and/or points on your driver’s license" . I called the information line and they also said the same thing. So you should be all set, you should take the Naturalization Guide with you to the interview just in case this comes up, but this is an official USCIS document and they are clearly telling you not to worry about these small traffic fines.

Thanks guys for your information.

I ve already filed the apllication few days agp and didnt include the speeding ticket as i was following the instructions of the Naturalization Guide. I guess ,now i just have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

I think if i bring the Speeding ticket and Naturalization guide to the interview ,maybe everything is gonna be fine? :unsure:

Best wishes. (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Thanks guys for your information.

I ve already filed the apllication few days agp and didnt include the speeding ticket as i was following the instructions of the Naturalization Guide. I guess ,now i just have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

I think if i bring the Speeding ticket and Naturalization guide to the interview ,maybe everything is gonna be fine? :unsure:

Best wishes. (F)

I think you are going to be just fine, I wouldn't worry at all about this! A simple speeding ticket is not a big deal for the naturalization process and I think you did right in not including it in your application, you were following the guidelines of the USCIS Naturalization Guide so you should have no problems at all. You are going to be a citizen before you know it!! :yes:

Keep us posted with how it goes!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.