newbieimm

3 year rule question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Here is my situation:
*I become US Citizen on March 2011 through Naturalization
*I did a k1 petition for my wife on April of 2011, it was approved in January of 2012
* She came in January 2012, and We got married in February 2012
* She got her temporal green card on September 2012
* She got her permanent resident through I-751 on September 2014
* Will she able to apply to citizenship on June 2015? (3 months before)
* Does she qualified for the 3 year rule?
Does make any difference that I am naturalized?
Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

No. You have to be US citizen for 3 years at the time of your spouse's application - which you will be, therefore no difference. She will be able to apply at 3 years minus 90 days from her "Resident since" date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

See response in your other thread

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Since you will have been married for 3 years on the day she mails the application

AND

You will have been a USC for 3 years on the day she mails the application

THEN

She can apply 90 days before her 3rd anniversary as a permanent resodent.

http://www.uscis.gov/early-filing-calculator

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.