Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

3 year rule question

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline


Here is my situation:
*I become US Citizen on March 2011 through Naturalization
*I did a k1 petition for my wife on April of 2011, it was approved in January of 2012
* She came in January 2012, and We got married in February 2012
* She got her temporal green card on September 2012
* She got her permanent resident through I-751 on September 2014
* Will she able to apply to citizenship on June 2015? (3 months before)
* Does she qualified for the 3 year rule?
Does make any difference that I am naturalized?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland

No. You have to be US citizen for 3 years at the time of your spouse's application - which you will be, therefore no difference. She will be able to apply at 3 years minus 90 days from her "Resident since" date.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland

See response in your other thread


Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt

Since you will have been married for 3 years on the day she mails the application


You will have been a USC for 3 years on the day she mails the application


She can apply 90 days before her 3rd anniversary as a permanent resodent.


For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...