laurenandmarisa

request for initial evidence - assests needed

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have noticed that too. What the USCIS accepts can be different than what the NVC will. Should both be following the exact same instructions. That is the immigration process in a nutshell though.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Exactly, it is writing like Kaydeecee said.

So if they don't accept the assets and it is go far to the judge, how they can't reconize that it is writting in the instruction i-864. so they have to say, asset only in usa and it is not writting.

I really don't understand, for me it is writting, we can use, REGARDLESS OF WHERE he or she resides.

so lost where is the true.

when you see the lawyer site, they say it is possible but have to be convertible into cash under 1 years.

and also when they send RFE, i don't see any amount how much they need more in asset to be fine. they want more information, but so give amount of asset they want and say if they want only us citizen assets, like this it is clear.

it is not efficient how it is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are on the same boat. We've never encountered any bumpy roads to trudge from the start of K1 petition until yesterday when we received RFE in the mail for proof of income to support my husband's stipulation of $19,800 on his i-864. I already have biometrics appointment on 12/2. Myy husband is the U.S Citizen. We submitted his income tax 1040EZ, W-2, & letter from employer stating his nature of job, start of employment, & annual income $19,800. However, the income tax 1040EZ & W-2 we submitted could not support his stated annual income for this year since they only covered 7 months of 2013 when he just started working and before his salary increase January of this year. This was all explained on the cover letter he wrote to supplement I-864 in my application for AOS, EAD, & AP. We can always ask for another more elaborate letter from his employer but unfortunately his pay stubs or compensation detail report from January 2014 until recently is now short. He only has one month to reach $19,800 and he is potentially still short of $1,500. We just don't know what to do. Please advise.. Anyone.. Please ??

June 1995 – First meeting in Cebu; as classmates in 6th grade

November 1996 – He moved to the states before the school year ended

2003 – Got a call from him; remained friends. Lost communication for another three (3) years

November 8, 2006 – stumbled on him in a mall with his mom and cousins. He was here for a vacation.

November 14, 2006 – Officially dating. Stayed together despite the distance, time difference, and other stuff that come with LDR

August 11, 2012 – Broke up. =(

June 7, 2013 – Talked again for the first time after 10 months. =)

June 14, 2013 – Got back together.

July 10, 2013 – He proposed.

September 2013 – We started researching and gathering necessary documents

March 8, 2014 – He sent I-129f Package to USCIS

March 12, 2014 – NOA1 received

March 25, 2014 – NOA2 received

Apri l 21, 2014 – P aid Visa Fee

May 13, 2014 – Medical Exam

May 14, 2014 – Passed medical exam :D

May 22, 2014 – Interview Appointment -- APPROVED! :content:

May 22, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Ready

May 29, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Administrative Processing

June 2, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Issued

June 5, 2014 – Visa in hand. Yehey!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

hello,

i understand, yes they want the last tax is 2013, what maybe you can do, it is showing yes this letter that he work with this income, and add bank statement showing that he have really this income every month since january.

the last 12 month bank statement.

Maybe also explain in the letter all this to be clear.

or find a co sponsor.

it is only advice, i am in the same boat so i hope they will accept for all of us.

godd evening.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks for responding.. We're extremely stressed right now.. we are actually going to do both..

I will the immigration listed on the RFE form and verify if he needs to submit another I-864.. with or without that, we will submit a brief yet comprehensive cover letter to reiterate that what was written on his first cover letter..

We really didn't want to get a joint sponsor.. But I guess we are left without a choice..

Let's all hope it'll work out fine for all of us...

June 1995 – First meeting in Cebu; as classmates in 6th grade

November 1996 – He moved to the states before the school year ended

2003 – Got a call from him; remained friends. Lost communication for another three (3) years

November 8, 2006 – stumbled on him in a mall with his mom and cousins. He was here for a vacation.

November 14, 2006 – Officially dating. Stayed together despite the distance, time difference, and other stuff that come with LDR

August 11, 2012 – Broke up. =(

June 7, 2013 – Talked again for the first time after 10 months. =)

June 14, 2013 – Got back together.

July 10, 2013 – He proposed.

September 2013 – We started researching and gathering necessary documents

March 8, 2014 – He sent I-129f Package to USCIS

March 12, 2014 – NOA1 received

March 25, 2014 – NOA2 received

Apri l 21, 2014 – P aid Visa Fee

May 13, 2014 – Medical Exam

May 14, 2014 – Passed medical exam :D

May 22, 2014 – Interview Appointment -- APPROVED! :content:

May 22, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Ready

May 29, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Administrative Processing

June 2, 2014 – Visa Status Update: Issued

June 5, 2014 – Visa in hand. Yehey!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone,

That's what we did too. We sent out another package; cover letter (explanation that her current annual income is 24700), last half years paystubs, job promotion letter, contract screen shot, joint bank account with 10K, personal resumes, and tax transcripts, W2 etc from the last three years.

Let's hope the give us mercy right before Christmas. I know how you feel Temos, it is very stressful on top of everything.

Good luck y'all!

09/30/2014 - Point of Entry 'Vancouver International Airport'

10/09/2014 - Married

10/18/2014 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

10/23/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

11/18/2014 - Case Suspended (RFE is on its way :()

11/25/2014 - Biometrics

12/02/2014 - Response on initial request for evidence was received (case status should be updated before 01/31/2015)

01/27/2015 - EAD/AP card in production and should be mailed to given address.

01/31/2015 - Received EAD/AP Combo card by mail :D

02/18/2015 - Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case :ranting:

06/22/2015 - Received Welcome Letter & AOS approved :goofy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.