Thomas&Cleofe

Riot Police at US Embassy today

23 posts in this topic

Everyone please be aware that protesting in the Philippines as a citizen of a foreign state can get you deported and possibly blacklisted and prohibited from ever entering the Philippines again, so no matter where your feelings lie on whichever issue, don't say you weren't warned on this board.

I'm not sure if this is a holdover from Martial Law days or if just like the "unjust vexation" law, they just trot it out when convenient and the opportunity presents itself.

Example from GMA's time.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2009150657_apasphilippinesforeignactivists.html

Dutch guy from just last year.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/35734-dutch-activist-visa-violations

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

So, as you can see, speaking also as a PHL Citizen, no one particular government has a monopoly on being fascistic (just ask Mr. Beersum) and being bankrupt corporate entities (Jesus, don't get me started on my paying taxes to keep that entity alive while simultaneously being vilified by Mrs. Henares on account of my profession).

Patriot Act. Pot. Kettle. Black. Just ask the family of Mr Jona Burgos and all the victims of General Palparan.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Actually, I was more offended by the "annoying rioters" comment

Are you aware, that as a US citizen under our Forefather's Constitution, " it is your civil duty to rise up and protest against a corrupt government".

People want to keep their civil rights, but have no interest in defending them.

George Washington said, "Here are your civil liberties if you are able to keep them".

If you saw my initial post, the annoying rioters I was referring to were those groups that were using the Jennifer Laude case to kick US forces out of the Philippines which I dont agree with. One case doesn't make all of US military dangerous. They are using the case to gain publicity and do not care at all about the victim herself.

"You say they are annoying because you have never lifted 1 finger to protect your rights. You have no courage to fight for freedom. You have lost more freedoms than you will ever know because you have no desire to be free."

I am saying they are annoying because if they truly CARED for Filipinos rights, they would be rioting RIGHT NOW for other local victims like the 12 year old who was recently raped and burned in Bataan. BUT NO. They are quiet about it. Where are they right now? Surprising that these "champions" (like Gabriela) are only rioting when it is a high profile case.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you saw my initial post, the annoying rioters I was referring to were those groups that were using the Jennifer Laude case to kick US forces out of the Philippines which I dont agree with. One case doesn't make all of US military dangerous. They are using the case to gain publicity and do not care at all about the victim herself.

"You say they are annoying because you have never lifted 1 finger to protect your rights. You have no courage to fight for freedom. You have lost more freedoms than you will ever know because you have no desire to be free."

I am saying they are annoying because if they truly CARED for Filipinos rights, they would be rioting RIGHT NOW for other local victims like the 12 year old who was recently raped and burned in Bataan. BUT NO. They are quiet about it. Where are they right now? Surprising that these "champions" (like Gabriela) are only rioting when it is a high profile case.

But the problem is this topic has nothing to do with the Jennifer Laude Murder.

This topic is about the political Maguindanao Massacre....(Mass Murder) which happened 5 years ago and still has no resolve.

Which not only includes the initial 58 people massacred, but also 1000 or more (no exact number available) that have died during the ever ongoing investigation over the last 5 years.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused. The title of the thread is: "Riot Police at US Embassy today".

OP States: "This topic is about the political Maguindanao Massacre....(Mass Murder) which happened 5 years ago and still has no resolve."

Like a previous poster, I don't understand why they're not protesting about it at any of a number of other embassy/consulates in Manila proper?

http://www.philippinecountry.com/foreign_embassy.html

There's plenty of 'em. I guess the US is simply convenient. I guess it's just the United States fault yet again.

Edited by Torete

This topic is about the political Maguindanao Massacre....(Mass Murder) which happened 5 years ago and still has no resolve.

Which not only includes the initial 58 people massacred, but also 1000 or more (no exact number available) that have died during the ever ongoing investigation over the last 5 years.

The Jefferey Laude case is a very bad case all the way around. There could have been a number of ways that the murder could have went down, and yes it all ends up with the young Marine murdering him. But the far leftist groups are using this to try and kick all US forces out of the Philippines at a critical time when China's forces are literally at your doorstep and getting closer every year. Notice how those groups will protest ANYTHING that has anything remotely to do with the USA, but never protest their own government or other murders in the MM area. What about that rape and murder of the 18 month old, or how about it's literally been 5 years since the massacre and NO ONE has been prosecuted yet. That is a worse case scenario in it's self.

I am not saying all leftists are bad or protest only the USA, because some of my inlaws are some pretty far left people. But the majority of them are.

Agreed cyberfx.

Either the leftists are protesting at the Embassy because 1) they can and know that Erap and the city gov't will leave them alone there, 2) they think the US is behind it because the US Gov't is evil and behind everything and all corruption and everything wrong with the PH is due to the lingering effects of colonialism (echo, echo, echo)..., 3) as a leftist you can never go wrong protesting in front of the Embassy.

But, c'est la vie. Life doesn't have to make sense.

Personally, I'd protest in front of the DOJ, the Ombudsman, or Malacanang since this is (as our Chinese friends tend to say) an internal matter of a sovereign nation and these are the organs most responsible for the prosecution or lack thereof of that Massacre.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review.~~~

***Thread back open; several posts that were either off topic, bickering in nature, or violations of the TOS removed. An additional post referencing removed content has been removed and returned below with out the content. Either discuss the topic in a civil manner or do not post; if you cannot be civil, this thread will be locked and Administrative Action will be taken for any more posts that violate the TOS.***

LOL. You posted a different topic and someone (vol) posted about another (more recent) event.
I responded to you both, separating my responses in between quoting your posts. (I was under the impression this would avoid confusion, apparently not)

I asked you why they would rally about the Maguindanao massacre at the US embassy because I couldn't understand the connection, and you chose to pick on my response to SOMEONE ELSE about an entirely DIFFERENT ISSUE instead of explaining your opinion to me. And now you're calling me out on diverting from the topic?

(Sentence referencing removed content deleted - VJ Moderation)

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.