ram19

Processing time

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got this from vj website! Is this accurate? Coz I'm so excited coz our noa1 is dated October 17th. Does it mean couple days more and we will get our noa2 already? Guys any inputs? Thankspost-194729-0-24973400-1416800647_thumb.jpgpost-194729-0-24973400-1416800647_thumb.jpg

I got this from vj website! Is this accurate? Coz I'm so excited coz our noa1 is dated October 17th. Does it mean couple days more and we will get our noa2 already? Guys any inputs? Thanks image.jpg image.jpg

These are estimates based on other people's timelines.

It does not mean that based on what happened to others will happen to you.

I advise you not to get your hopes up.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I got this from vj website! Is this accurate? Coz I'm so excited coz our noa1 is dated October 17th. Does it mean couple days more and we will get our noa2 already? Guys any inputs? Thanksattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Your country is Philippines, which is currently being expedited, so you'll most likely (NOT 100% THOUGH) get your NOA2 before a lot of other filers. Also, are you at CSC? If you are, that will also call for a quicker NOA2.

BUT... as the above poster wrote, NOTHING is set in stone. You could get an RFE or have a delayed application. Not every single person gets a quick NOA2, and most of us won't. But if you're from Philippines and/or at CSC, chances are that you'll get it within a few months. Again, don't get your hopes up for anything or expect to be getting it. Just keep updated on your case and get your things ready/together for interview just in case it comes sooner than you thought. Good luck! :)

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Yes I'm from the Philippines and our case is being processed at csc. I know, This waiting time is killing me. and also worried about getting an rfe coz we have nothing to show them anymore we have sent every single evidence that we could possible show them

Timeline

Yes I'm from the Philippines and our case is being processed at csc. I know, This waiting time is killing me. and also worried about getting an rfe coz we have nothing to show them anymore we have sent every single evidence that we could possible show them

Trust me, friend, your waiting time will most likely not be like ours at TSC who aren't Philippines, so you are very fortunate for that!

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Oh yeah? How? And why? I've heard that lots of times from other fellow vj'ers but I don't understand why they say Philippines has shorter waiting time than others specially if ur at csc. Sounds unfair but I don't wanna sound hypocrite but yeah if that's the case then I should consider myself lucky too right? Oh well let's just wait and see good luck to all of us :)

Edited by ram19

Timeline

Oh yeah? How? And why? I've heard that lots of times from other fellow vj'ers but I don't understand why they say Philippines has shorter waiting time than others specially if ur at csc. Sounds unfair but I don't wanna sound hypocrite but yeah if that's the case then I should consider myself lucky too right? Oh well let's just wait and see good luck to all of us :)

The typhoon. They did the same thing with Haiti when they had an earthquake. They will expedite countries with natural disasters like that one. It wasn't super recent, but that's how USCIS works.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Also- CSC is just faster than TSC right now. They aren't always super fast, but they are right now with approvals.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Oh wow! That's weird. But anyways it works under my favor, so be it. But still I'm nervous and excited on what's gonna happen

Start getting all your stuff together! The packets you need & everything. That way you'll be ready when you get the NOA2 hopefully soon! :) Good luck!!!

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

Yeah thanks a lot my friend, I've been reading a lot and I'm learning from other people's experiences. Vj is a great help. It kills time too. Good luck on ur journey too :)

Timeline

I got this from vj website! Is this accurate? Coz I'm so excited coz our noa1 is dated October 17th. Does it mean couple days more and we will get our noa2 already? Guys any inputs? Thanks image.jpg image.jpg

Hi, just like everyone else I would advise you not to get your hopes up with the VJ timeline. I filed my petition in the beginning of sept and the timeline said my case would be adjudicated in mid October and I just received an RFE on 11/21. When I filed in sept at csc most petitions from the Philippines were being approved in 20 days or less and I was CERTAIN that I would get mine approved also. But everyday went by and nothing until almost 3 months into the process. I was so sad and depressed everyday until i got the email/text notification from the USCIS on 11/22 (yes Saturday morning). To be realistic, you will probably wait 2-almost 3 months since your petition is from the Philippines. Your petition goes thru the background checks of the petitioner and I do not have a criminal background but it goes at it's own pace. So please don't go by the VJ timeline-you will only set yourself up for disappointment-however it IS a possibility that you will get your approval or RFE (hope it's not an RFE) any day now because they are processing applications from the Philippines a lot faster than most other countries (however I have also seen canada and UK being processed in less than a month recently). Good luck!

Timeline

Looking at many filers and cases, including mine, it appears Philippines, regardless of service center, are processed very fast, assuming the case is filed correctly and no RFE is issued. Many Phil cases on VJ, even at the slower Texas Service Center, are approved within 2 months, again assuming no RFE or red flag. That does not mean you are guaranteed to be processed that fast, but it appears many cases are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Looking at many filers and cases, including mine, it appears Philippines, regardless of service center, are processed very fast, assuming the case is filed correctly and no RFE is issued. Many Phil cases on VJ, even at the slower Texas Service Center, are approved within 2 months, again assuming no RFE or red flag. That does not mean you are guaranteed to be processed that fast, but it appears many cases are.

you know there is a joke about that, it will be easier for the beneficiaries to get the Filipino citizenship first then to apply for K1 or any kind of visas

we've been waiting for 168 days and nothing's happened

Timeline

My comment was specifically about Philippines. It appears that other countries are slower, even the neighbor Canada. I do not know why that is put it has been my observation as of late. Philippines also has the benefit of having a "flexible" US Embassy in Manila, which most other countries do not have, so the US does seem to favor Philippine applicants in both processing times and flexibility of embassy and interview scheduling. Maybe because of the close ties between the two countries, but then again, Canada would then be highly favored as well, which does not seem to be the case. Again, I do not understand why this is but that seems to be reality today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.