TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Refused

Immigrant Visa Case Number: ISL**********01 ISL

Case Creation Date: 17-Nov-2015

Status Updated Date: 29-Jan-2016

Please see the letter you received at your interview for more information.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

This is what his status says Refuse but just recieve an email saying it was still under Ap I'm so confuse can someone pls explain this...

This means the visa can't be issued until AP is over. Your visa has not been denied and your case sent back to NVC or the Department of State. Try to relax now and wait for your AP to be over and God willing soon you will see Issued.

Timeline

I really hope you get it soon, 7 years is a bit too long. Did you try getting in touch with the congressmen or a lawyer?

Keep us updated on your status, hopefully we'll heard the good news soon

yea we are in touch with congressman and senator etc. but up till now no good news.

thanks for your prayers and keep remember, thanks bro.

Can you please elaborate it.This process sometimes seems fishy fishy to me. There is no set pattern I have found about the IR1.

Yeah.So true, Indeed its the love and strength of your family bond that has kept you in this damn long process. My prayers are with you brother.IA you will be soon with your family...Aameen

thank you so much brother, keep remember me in your prayers, so nice of you!.

Timeline

Here is the email they just sent to me they say it's in Ap but it also still say Refuse on the immigrant status. I'm so confuse!!?? can you pls explain?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please refer to our email of 20 January 2016. This email indicates that administrative processing is still ongoing in your case. Until administrative processing is finished, we will not be in a position to contact you or review this case further. We cannot take any action on your case until administrative processing is complete.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section, American Embassy

Islamabad, Pakistan

Sister

Dont worry he will get his visa soon, for new cases US embassy Islamabad not holding longer.

remember me in your prayers.

thanks.

dont be worry, its 221g temporary denial by counselor officer, which is called administrative processing.

they put every one on that after interview but some get visa in days some in years.

but now a days for all new applicants, they are finishing this process in days, as per my observation.

so dont be worry its not denial its just normal thing .... as carolyn mentioned too.

stay calm and relex

good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Mr. warraich02

I hope whatever you said is true ........ but as far as I see ... nothing is change , 4 years and 5th months in Administrative processing, no objection,

never asked for any additional document, interview was good and as per CO, every thing is fine and you will get your visa one to six months.

Total case duration is 7 years plus....... case is IR1/CR1.........

I have an american born 3 years and 2 moths daughter and she asked her mother many times in a day , baba kab aye gey........

when she talks to me on skype she says baba aap ka visa agaya hay ab ajaoo na ........

first me and wife suffered and now our baby girl suffering due to this administrative processing...........

who will bring back my last 7 years ??? who is answerable for whatever we as a family facing???? due to this visa.

Alhamdulillah I have clear record , they have my number, address come and check about me , my parents ....my family background

come and check each and every thing.......... but please finish this so called pain full "administrative processing".

stay blessed!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Mr. warraich02

I hope whatever you said is true ........ but as far as I see ... nothing is change , 4 years and 5th months in Administrative processing, no objection,

never asked for any additional document, interview was good and as per CO, every thing is fine and you will get your visa one to six months.

Total case duration is 7 years plus....... case is IR1/CR1.........

I have an american born 3 years and 2 moths daughter and she asked her mother many times in a day , baba kab aye gey........

when she talks to me on skype she says baba aap ka visa agaya hay ab ajaoo na ........

first me and wife suffered and now our baby girl suffering due to this administrative processing...........

who will bring back my last 7 years ??? who is answerable for whatever we as a family facing???? due to this visa.

Alhamdulillah I have clear record , they have my number, address come and check about me , my parents ....my family background

come and check each and every thing.......... but please finish this so called pain full "administrative processing".

stay blessed!!!!!!!!!

Dear Sir: first of all, pardon my ignorance as I do not know anything about the immigrant visa process. My job description is totally different but I do work with folks from other components of DHS, including immigration, that is how I know that these people are exceptionally dedicated to mission. In fact, a colleague who works in Islamabad reached out to me, after knowing that I am of Pakistani origin (as it is rare to come across someone who looks like me at DHS), a while back and told me to stop by his office next time I am in Pakistan and that he will give me a tour of the Embassy and then we can go to lunch after that. I was touched by his passion to serve.

Generally speaking, however, around here, you follow the rule regardless of how stupid the rule might sound because at the end of the day, you are held accountable on how well you follow the rules not the outcome that result from implementing the rules. Throughout the course of the day, I make many decisions that does not produce pleasant outcome but I follow the rules and do not apologize for doing my job. We ONLY follow the rules, not make them, rules are adjudicated elsewhere.

Our visa process took over three years and it was for sure difficult. Unlike you, I had an official channel through which I could have conducted inquiry on our visa application status but I was prevented from doing so because of ethics rules. So while you feel frustrated knowing there isn’t much you can do but to wait, imagine how I felt knowing that there are things I can do to follow through but I cannot as it could jeopardize my career. Though I strongly disagreed with that rule, I followed it. Laws, rules, and policies are there for a reason.

You feel frustrated because of your separation from your family for the past seven plus years but people working on your file are required to look at things objectively. Whatever is causing red flag on your file is, I am sure, being looked at according to polices. And those policies are in place to protect the security of this country. The security of United States takes precedent over your desire to immigrate here Sir!. And that is why you cannot put a timeline on it. I am sure you are a nice guy with spotless record but folks at immigration cannot just take your words for it, they have to address each issue associated with your file on its merit. And once they have followed through with every issue on your visa file with negative results, they will issue you a visa.

As for your US citizen daughter and the issue of accountability surrounding past 7 plus year of your life, I would say this: marrying a US citizen and/or having US born child does not entitle you to an automatic visa to the US. It ONLY entitles you to have your visa application being considered according to the law. You have to meet all the requirements before visa can be issued. You are free to be with your wife and daughter but that meeting cannot take place in the US until your visa application is successfully completed. Meanwhile, your wife and daughter are free to leave and come back. Let me give you another example, as I mentioned in one of my earlier writings: I was involved in a situation where we had to provide a service to a family member of one of the former presidents of the US. The family member was asking for a fast-track service that is available to certain citizens. But, according to rules at that time, that service was not available to them. Essentially, they were being treated less than certain an average citizen or at least that is how they felt. So I told them that the only service available to them is standard service, not fast-track. While they were frustrated, they decided to proceed with standard service at the end. So, for anyone who feel sense of entitlement because of family member holding US citizenship should remember that no one here is above the law.

I hope this this helps!

Timeline

Dear warraich02,

You people in the government throw the word entitlement around like it was a sword. He never said he felt entitled to anything only that he has been going through the visa process for 7 years and 4 of those years has been spent in AP without knowing why. Not everyone has the money to travel to Pakistan to visit their loved ones and must make do with skype and phone calls.

It took me 4 years to bring my own husband to the United States due to an error on the embassy's part. They thought they knew the marriage laws of Pakistan and I had to spend large sums of money on an attorney to prove them wrong.

Sometimes it is best to just shut up and let a person express their feelings without comment. You say the security of the United States comes first yet we have Syrians here that did not go through years of AP. The embassy in Islamabad represents America at her worst. You can defend those who work there if you want but do not attack a man who has watched countless others get their visas while he is in Pakistan suffering.

if "status update date" on ceac account is changing then what does it mean if the case is in AP?

usually its an indication that someone somewhere in the world has touched your file and some progress is made but these are all just guesses. No on here knows what really goes on or can be predict from these date changes

Hello Everyone! Need your best advice. I am noticing some date changes on ceac site recently.NOw should i expect to hear something from them soon? I am asking this from you all because i am travelling out of country for a month or two in few days> Should i delay my travel plans or wait?

Timeline

hi mr.warraich02

first of all sorry for this late reply and thanks for your speech but whatever you said ....every one knows........ nothing new......

rules should be follow ......right said .......like embassy asked me about my original birth certificate even i already submitted that but as per their saying

i got a duplicate and funny thing is that at the time of interview they have returned me documents with my original birth certificate :) yea u r right rules should be follow :)

here in this visa journey last year one of the guy got his visa and visa issue date was 3rd January 2014 and expiry date was 2nd January 2014 ........ this is what they follow rules :)..........

lot of examples u will see here ...........from dedicated people who follow rules

in this whole process my case not being update many many months ?? well there is no justification for delaying the case even this is 7 year plus........

God knows for last 7 years they are following what type of so called rules ............ but justice delay is justice denied....

no doubt embassy people are so nice and gentle at least if i compare them with Pakistani embassy people......

and yes about red flags ..... Alhamdulillah i have no criminal or fraud record , my wedding was arranged and my family keep visiting me back and forth but as a matter of fact this really not easy for us to afford.

stay blessed.

Timeline

Dear warraich02,

You people in the government throw the word entitlement around like it was a sword. He never said he felt entitled to anything only that he has been going through the visa process for 7 years and 4 of those years has been spent in AP without knowing why. Not everyone has the money to travel to Pakistan to visit their loved ones and must make do with skype and phone calls.

It took me 4 years to bring my own husband to the United States due to an error on the embassy's part. They thought they knew the marriage laws of Pakistan and I had to spend large sums of money on an attorney to prove them wrong.

Sometimes it is best to just shut up and let a person express their feelings without comment. You say the security of the United States comes first yet we have Syrians here that did not go through years of AP. The embassy in Islamabad represents America at her worst. You can defend those who work there if you want but do not attack a man who has watched countless others get their visas while he is in Pakistan suffering.

hi carolyn

thanks for you support!!!! you are always very kind and supportive for all visa journey community.

keep remember me in your prayers, thanks.

Timeline

asslamu aleykum,

Hello everyone.

I have been out for a while. finally I am in USA now. :)

I permanently moved there, I missed you guys, I was reading all the missed comments when i was off. I hope your visa will be issued soon, Inshaallah. It is realy so hard to in under AP. but patience is the only weapon to win with this hard time.

I want to ask the gusy who moved usa before. I am waiting the GC. would you please tell me where i can track the status of the card?

guys, yo can ask me any Qs about immigration processs from pk to USA. :)

Timeline

Hello, Carolyhotstuff.

How have you been? would you please tell how can i track the GC status online? thanks

Dear warraich02,

Timeline

Hello, Carolyhotstuff.

How have you been? would you please tell how can i track the GC status online? thanks

Hello I am fine. You can track your green card on the ELIS website where you made your payment. If 30 days go by from POE and you have not received it and you keep seeing the words In Process on the ELIS website, give USCIS a call and see what they say.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.